AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-13, 15:16   Link #281
silverorange

This is an awesome series, im really enjoying it.

It kind of reminds me of Night Head Genesis in artistic style and in the "type" of fantasy element that is employed in the story; only difference being that I quit watching NHG half way through due to its annoying one dimentional characters, and boring story line.
Death Note however seems to be kicking ass (atleast so far) in doing what NHG totally failed to do.
Old 2006-10-14, 07:44   Link #282
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Tsubie
/me peeps in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Tsubie, I thought you already watched it since you're an Live eviL's staffie.
Hmm, well I am L-E staff as well as LLE staff (LLE = Ladies of Live-eviL = Death Note staff) but I only do songs and help will t/ls if necessary ever. Only three people work heavily on every episode. I don't want to waste my bandwidth, so I watch the episode only after we release it.

I generally go for anything unique and what I liked about our releases is the extra typesettings we did, like the OP credit translation (although most of you leechies don't give damn to the people who worked on the animation ), the OP logo:
http://download.yousendit.com/FBCDC86F193187C3
( a LQ wmv capture)

And signs like this one which most other group didn't bother to do:
http://download.yousendit.com/93E20D9668A2DF7E

We changed the 'H' that people found disturbing about our fonts and improved encoding. Encoding really depends on which raw you use and good raws don't come early too.

I think C1, TW and Animanda did really good jobs in the translation field too. C1 and Animanda took time, so theirs came almost flawless. But it's not necessary that the speed-subbing groups have mediocre quality cause they do work hard while they're working, remember that. It's up to you to decide which group you want to go for. Just remember don't go with comments and others' suggestions because everyone has their own taste. If we had an encoding issue, TW had the typesetting issue, Animanda had overfiltering one and C1 had the annoying afx karaoke one. Desuno seems to have a lot of issues, good luck to them.

I think all groups tried to fix at least a bit of the mistakes they made in ep 1 with ep 2 so those of you who made your mind as to which group you're sticking with in ep 1, I suggest you give the other groups a shot with 2-3 as well. Since it's being oversubbed anyway, why not take advantage of it?

-Tsubasa

Last edited by Tsubie; 2006-10-14 at 08:46.
Old 2006-10-14, 08:15   Link #283
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Hee hee I see. BTW, the "Girls pwn Boys" line added in the opening in L-E's release always make me snicker. XD
Old 2006-10-14, 08:38   Link #284
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

Well it wasn't really us, it was TW who had the 'Battle of the Sexes: Girls vs Boys' in their IRC channel topic first and decided we were competitors, battling between sexes. So we also said 'why not? let's have fun then. ^^' Boys don't mean boys in general but just that DN staff from L-E = all girls while from TW, all boys. It makes the subbing work all the more fun.

-Tsubasa

Last edited by Tsubie; 2006-10-14 at 08:54. Reason: Missed something...
Old 2006-10-14, 10:04   Link #285
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ohh so this is the story behind it. What a shame, if TW and LE joined forces I think it would've been a blast.

But anyways, *likes and follows both versions* Good job, everyone. <3
Old 2006-10-14, 10:56   Link #286
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

Hmm, are you a fortune teller or something?

-Tsubasa
Old 2006-10-14, 15:50   Link #287
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Joining forces, are you!!? If so, which group name will be first in the conjoined version of the group names.. i.e. LLE-TW or TW-LLE? I know, I'm ahead of myself.
Old 2006-10-15, 06:24   Link #288
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Joining forces, are you!!? If so, which group name will be first in the conjoined version of the group names.. i.e. LLE-TW or TW-LLE? I know, I'm ahead of myself.
No, we're gonna sub the anime on our own. But if we did do a joint, it'd be LLE first cause L comes before T alphabetically.

-Tsubasa
Old 2006-10-15, 06:37   Link #289
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

2 Eps and no Death Note Walkthru with Haruka and Aya Sub ?

I'm sure there are people out there who will appreciate if there are groups out there that will sub those 30 Sec special.
Old 2006-10-15, 08:11   Link #290
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Hahaa, Tsubie said more than enough. But basically what she said is true. We see L-E as our competitors, also we have a pvt chat where TW and LE discuss. Thanks to Death Note, we all became friends.

I think this was a fun move and who knows about the joining forces :P. It may happen, it may not. Look to the future
________
Green Crack

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:37.
Old 2006-10-15, 08:36   Link #291
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
2 Eps and no Death Note Walkthru with Haruka and Aya Sub ?

I'm sure there are people out there who will appreciate if there are groups out there that will sub those 30 Sec special.
Its not a walkthrough. Its a "news" item according to the first one. Basically a plug for the other deathnote things (movie, dvd release, etc).

Translation of the first:
D/N Guide Manual
On screens: Aya / Hirano Aya
Haruka / Kudou Haruka
Aya: So it's finally begun, Death Note!
Haruka: It's really interesting isn't it?
Aya: By the way, what are we?
Haruka: We're Devils
Aya: Yes, that's exactly right. Us two are every week are going to give you the latest Death Note News..
(On screen when it goes red: Weekly Death Note Latest News)
Haruka: (From the production location: Uragawa)*. Also movie, and DVD release information and more.
Aya: I, Aya and
Haruka: I, Haruka, and
Together: and this Ryuk.
Every time we will introduce ourselves cutely.*
Look forward to it.

(*May be wrong.)

Last edited by bayoab; 2006-10-15 at 09:06.
Old 2006-10-15, 16:13   Link #292
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Its not a walkthrough. Its a "news" item according to the first one. Basically a plug for the other deathnote things (movie, dvd release, etc).
I know what are the contents of the clips are and can understand Japanese pretty well. Just that they decide to title the clips as " 攻略" which translate as "Walkthru".

Just pointing out that there's this bit of extra stuffs featuring two of the seiyuus in the DN anime which was neglected and fans of them might want this little clip for their Fansub collection.
Old 2006-10-16, 01:50   Link #293
ichigokarasu

First time poster here ^^;. Having read all of what's out in america for the manga so far and most of the rest in Japanese (and accidentally ruining the end of the series for myself by picking up the last issue well 2nd to the last, as I like to pick up random issues of Jump when I goto my local Japanese grocery store ;_, I gotta say that I'm pretty impressed with how Madhouse has handled it so far. Honestly, by the third volume of the manga it became my favorite of all time, so I knew with the anime I'd either be really jaded and hate it or love it. It's nice to see that so far they kept everything pretty faithful to the manga and that all of the seiyuus tend to sound like what I imagined the characters sounded like in the manga (Although I expected L to sound a little less "adult", he sounds a little more husky than I imagined him. I expected a little more waifish-sounding voice I guess because of his stature and, um, posture).
Old 2006-10-16, 08:00   Link #294
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Finally got some time to watch eps 1 and 2 : perfect. Thrilling. Hooking. And I hate that, now I have to stop watching it until 10-15 eps are out

Heck, I was so WTF to see Hikaru no Go's author making such a horror story...totally opposite genre

Two people trying to apply their own sense of justice : a burning issue in our real world, and I love mangaka who write that kind of interesting stuff (though it's just anime with some freaky deathgod...)

Whose justice is right ? Is there any kind of absolute justice ? Curious to see how this matter is gonna be handled, in the anime at least (I don't read the manga).
Old 2006-10-16, 11:58   Link #295
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl View Post
Heck, I was so WTF to see Hikaru no Go's author making such a horror story...totally opposite genre
Actually, the author of Hikaru no Go is Yumi Hotta, while the author of Death Note is Tsugumi Ooba. It's the artist, Takeshi Obata, who is the same for both series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigokarasu View Post
First time poster here ^^;. Having read all of what's out in america for the manga so far and most of the rest in Japanese (and accidentally ruining the end of the series for myself by picking up the last issue well 2nd to the last, as I like to pick up random issues of Jump when I goto my local Japanese grocery store ;_, I gotta say that I'm pretty impressed with how Madhouse has handled it so far. Honestly, by the third volume of the manga it became my favorite of all time, so I knew with the anime I'd either be really jaded and hate it or love it. It's nice to see that so far they kept everything pretty faithful to the manga and that all of the seiyuus tend to sound like what I imagined the characters sounded like in the manga (Although I expected L to sound a little less "adult", he sounds a little more husky than I imagined him. I expected a little more waifish-sounding voice I guess because of his stature and, um, posture).
Welcome to the forums. We hope you have a long and enjoyable stay here. I must say I was probably hooked by the end of the first volume...though it's hard to say since by the time it came out where I worked the first three volumes were already available and I read all three of them in one go. Like some other people, I'm still imagining Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club most of the time when I hear Light talk, but I think he does a pretty good job. L was a definite surprise for me (Kappei Yamaguchi's stock with me definitely went up after hearing him in episode 2), though I also like how he sounded in the trailers I saw for the live-action movie.
Old 2006-10-16, 13:31   Link #296
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark` View Post
Actually, the author of Hikaru no Go is Yumi Hotta, while the author of Death Note is Tsugumi Ooba. It's the artist, Takeshi Obata, who is the same for both series.
is Obata only the illustrator ? I was sure he was a co-author...
Old 2006-10-16, 14:02   Link #297
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
is Obata only the illustrator ? I was sure he was a co-author...
Well, I guess in a way he could be a co-author...

Hotta/Ohba was in charge of the story for Hikaru no Go/Death Note while Obata was in charge of illustration...but I guess that doesn't mean he can't be a co-creator or something along those lines. I don't know...in any case, he's just credited for the illustration, not the story. So I think co-creator might be closer to the mark than co-author...I'm picky about wording like that, lol.
Old 2006-10-16, 14:12   Link #298
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark` View Post
Well, I guess in a way he could be a co-author...

Hotta/Ohba was in charge of the story for Hikaru no Go/Death Note while Obata was in charge of illustration...but I guess that doesn't mean he can't be a co-creator or something along those lines. I don't know...in any case, he's just credited for the illustration, not the story. So I think co-creator might be closer to the mark than co-author...I'm picky about wording like that, lol.
Hmm, thanks for the info, Dark : anyway, his artwork is gorgeous
Raito is a total psycho, his insanity probably coming from his uber-intelligence : yet I don't understand what Ryuk meant by "don't think you're going to Hell or Heaven". Does it mean his soul will have some extra treatment ? Or just the fact Raito won't know till the end ? Well it's pretty obvious he has to go burn in Hell
Old 2006-10-16, 14:13   Link #299
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
The genre might be different but the general idea is essentially the same for both of these series. Hikaru no Go relied heavily on dialogue oriented drama by dramatizing all those critical thinking and strategies, so after watching the first 2 episodes of Death Note, the drama, here, also reaches its peak by utilizing those mental quality.
Old 2006-10-16, 14:45   Link #300
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
The genre might be different but the general idea is essentially the same for both of these series. Hikaru no Go relied heavily on dialogue oriented drama by dramatizing all those critical thinking and strategies, so after watching the first 2 episodes of Death Note, the drama, here, also reaches its peak by utilizing those mental quality.
Indeed ^^"
Just rewatched eps 1 and 2, and the dramatic surrounding is very similar to Hikaru no Go. Even the school scene

I just wonder what kind of relationship will Raito and Ryuk develop : the deathgod looks friendly and all, but I doubt he would be faithful to Raito, or give him any help if he's in trouble (thinking of the police, etc...)
Closed Thread