AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-01-25, 01:58   Link #1
larethian

Seraph of The End (Owari no Serafu) [LIGHT NOVEL]

Since the light novel is focusing on a different perspective from the manga, this can be seen as an accompanying thread to the manga thread:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...71#post4447171

official link: http://lanove.kodansha.co.jp/10004.html?id=9906/19246

Images
covers
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The story is by Kagami Takaya, author of Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu and Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi, and the art is by Yamamoto Yamato, illustrator of Kure-nai.

Note that the light novel is covering the story 8 years before the manga, and Ichinose Glen (一瀬グレン), the commander who appeared in chapter 2 of the manga at the age of 24, is the 15-year old protagonist in the light novel, which means the light novel is the prequel, and the manga is the sequel (with Hyakuya Yuuichiro as the protagonist) and both are written at the same time

Official Synopsis (as presented here):
Quote:
Those screeches are annoying. I'll crush them all!

"Hey Glen. We'll still be together even after becoming adults right......?"
It was the last spring before the world got destroyed, when the surface got controlled by the vampires.
The school that the 15-year old Ichinose Glen enrolled in was a sorcerer-nurturing school in Shibuya.
It was filled with elite girls from famous lineages in the sorcery world.
Even when he was full of aspirations, Glen, who was born of a lowly branch family of his clan, spent his days being ridiculed as trash.
However, in the midst of all that, appeared a girl whom he had made a promise to a long time ago, a classmate who called herself his fiancee.
In a world that was getting destroyed, the young man sought power, and so did the girl.
Frankly, I raised my eyebrows slightly when I read the synopsis. Well, I already noticed this a little when I read Itsuten. It seems like Kagami is slowly adding 'popular elements' (like a school filled with girls) to his story. Well, as long as he continues giving me another fangasm with this new dark fantasy of his, I'm fine with it.

Incidentally, I forgot about this release (well I was on vacation anyway) and haven't gotten it yet.

Last edited by larethian; 2013-09-12 at 01:51.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 02:26   Link #2
larethian

This post contains more info and is a reply to the manga series thread.

Spoilers
Spoiler for v1 overview
Old 2013-09-12, 03:37   Link #3
tsunade666

eh.... let me get it straight. The girl of promised turn enemy?
Old 2013-09-12, 03:48   Link #4
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
eh.... let me get it straight. The girl of promised turn enemy?
Maybe you can consider that, but that would be the Oni (Demon) that has taken over her. If you read the manga (the sequel), you would know the Oni in the Oni-equip is always looking for a gap in their hearts to take over their host.

Anyway:
Spoilers
Spoiler for manga (sequel) development; don't open if you don't want to be spoiled
Old 2013-09-12, 05:19   Link #5
Iggy_Pop

Spoiler for vol 2:
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 05:41   Link #6
AkitoW013

Thanks for the summary !
So Glen was already badass when he was a teenager, I can't wait to know what happen next !
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 07:40   Link #7
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Wah, to write about prequel and the sequel at the same time, Kagami must be one crazy author!

Just how many stories Kagami is currently working on..... Let see.
Owari no Seraph (LN).
Owari no Seraph (Manga) with the 8 year jump.
Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu (LN).
Mokushiroku Arisu (LN).

Man, doing 4 series, sometime it make me wonder if Kagami Takaya is really just one person.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 23:16   Link #8
LKK

Vertical announced the license for the novel at Katsucon. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 06:41   Link #9
kan-chan

Just to know, but the characters of the sequel (manga and anime, as far as one's know by the first episode) are brought somewhat in (any) volume of the novels?

Koori no mamono no Monogatari - Blood and Seethe
kan-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 07:19   Link #10
larethian

Yes. Mika appeared in v1 as a kid with the Hyakuya orphanage assassin. Yuu also appeared on the news in v3 or 4. The news was about a fire where Yuu's Mom was trying to kill him. Subsequently all major black Oni series holders' names appeared in a list supplied by Mahiru in v4. Awaiting v5.
Old 2015-04-07, 16:15   Link #11
kan-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Yes. Mika appeared in v1 as a kid with the Hyakuya orphanage assassin. Yuu also appeared on the news in v3 or 4. The news was about a fire where Yuu's Mom was trying to kill him. Subsequently all major black Oni series holders' names appeared in a list supplied by Mahiru in v4. Awaiting v5.
Thanks for the answer, since it's a real prequel to the manga/anime I'm going to buy the first volume as soon as it'll be released(I've searched in Vertical website but I didn't find it so I guessed it isn't released yet).
I guess you've read at least some volumes so I've a question, that question: is there an harem and/or (too much) ecchi stuff. I know it's a basic question but the anime seems promising and ecchi is almost a no-go for me.

Koori no mamono no Monogatari - Blood and Seethe
kan-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-11, 08:03   Link #12
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Finished reading vol 5

Does anyone else think Mahiru is getting more and more Saito Himea like?
Old 2015-04-12, 04:10   Link #13
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kan-chan View Post
Thanks for the answer, since it's a real prequel to the manga/anime I'm going to buy the first volume as soon as it'll be released(I've searched in Vertical website but I didn't find it so I guessed it isn't released yet).
I guess you've read at least some volumes so I've a question, that question: is there an harem and/or (too much) ecchi stuff. I know it's a basic question but the anime seems promising and ecchi is almost a no-go for me.
Spoiler:
Old 2015-04-12, 09:55   Link #14
nfsac

Isn't FURUYA Daisuke the co-author of the series as well? Just like the manga? At least is what says on batoto description
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 10:47   Link #15
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
Isn't FURUYA Daisuke the co-author of the series as well? Just like the manga? At least is what says on batoto description
Not really. He's the one who takes Kagami's manuscripts (in text form) and fit/arrange/adjust them for Yamamoto Yamato to turn it into manga chapters.
Old 2015-04-12, 11:40   Link #16
tsunade666

Lare volume 1 is released for december? I'm planning on buying it. The anime interest me which is why I started reading the manga then I remember about the novel that which is the prequel to the manga.

I'm looking forward for this one.

>_> why won't kagami's other work be licensed. I'll buy black rabbit if its been licensed.
Old 2015-04-13, 07:09   Link #17
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Lare volume 1 is released for december? I'm planning on buying it. The anime interest me which is why I started reading the manga then I remember about the novel that which is the prequel to the manga.

>_> why won't kagami's other work be licensed. I'll buy black rabbit if its been licensed.
apparently the licensed Ln will released as an omnibus. So who knows how many vol is that?
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-13, 07:52   Link #18
tsunade666

eh.... then it would take years for that to happen >_>

how many volumes are out there in japan?

usually omnibus are in 2-3 volume bundle from my experience.
Old 2015-04-13, 08:39   Link #19
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
eh.... then it would take years for that to happen >_>

how many volumes are out there in japan?

usually omnibus are in 2-3 volume bundle from my experience.
It is up to vol 5
Old 2015-04-13, 10:03   Link #20
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
apparently the licensed Ln will released as an omnibus. So who knows how many vol is that?
Hey Angrypokstick, haven't seen you around much. It's thanks to your supplementary info on DYD having a continuation in DDYD that made me get into Kagami's stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Finished reading vol 5

Does anyone else think Mahiru is getting more and more Saito Himea like?
V5 only coming to bookwalker on 17th. So haven't read it yet.

Quote:

Opportunity, reach, marketing, etc. etc.
Seraph manga is serialized in Jump SQ and became popular in Jump SQ. Popular stuff in Jump gets licensed almost automagically by Viz. Now Seraph is also popular in Western fandom so I'm guessing a minor player like Vertical is willing to take a jump to license it (my own baseless opinion)? It's all thanks to it being a hit in Jump SQ.

Anyway I may need to re-speed-read before I can do the summaries. Fortunately they are darn easy to re-read. Unfortunately, I want to read Alderamin 7 first (not even started) and having biz presentations for the next few days ain't helping me But Important Things First.
Btw, I had done a teaser of about 4 chapters last year in the usual site (please don't ask where here) for those who hadn't been aware of it. Have stopped translations when the license was announced. Teaser will be taken down in due time due to the North American license. Guren is way cooler than Yuu. Though too bad he drew the short end of the stick in life.