AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

Old 2012-05-16, 05:44   Link #1301
tsunade666

heh Good for Hyouka to have a sub forum. well among all the others this season. This is the only one with good mystery and decent story even though the others are also good but pretty straight.
Old 2012-05-16, 06:46   Link #1302
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
It finally happen'd , this anime's own section.

Let there be light!
Old 2012-05-16, 07:46   Link #1303
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Oh, well I guess that I should save my impressions on episode 4 for the proper thread.

Not really all that surprised about the show getting a sub forum, just at how fast it was. Figured we wouldn't get one well into the 9th~11th week, but it's great that we got one
Old 2012-05-16, 08:56   Link #1304
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
He's most likely oblivious to love, it's a common thing with most male in anime. Either that or he actually swings the other way if you know what I mean.

Glad to hear that Kyoani add their own touch into the series as well.

I think it's partly due to Hyouka being a 2-cour series.
There's another reason though... but I shouldn't talk about it... for some damn reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
I certainly know what you mean

Well, that aside, I think his case is different though. He is clearly aware of her feeling (maybe even be told out right before) so it's not the usual dense male. And they're not that awkward around each other either. Now I really want to know how the situation become like this.
Oreki isn't the guy to be needlessly becoming awkward to someone. I suspect that to change over time though.

Still, Oreki's no dense male. In fact, I don't think she he wants to deny those feelings. Even he said at Ep 1 that he didn't want to deny her... although, he switches quite well from detective/smart mode to lazy mode and vice versa.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 10:12   Link #1305
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
I'd say they do. Kyoani has released back in April a promo image featuring the key players from the second volume of the Kotenbu novel series, The Credit Roll of the Fool:

Images
The Credit Roll of the Fool
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That image is indeed very encouraging, so thanks a lot for sharing it.

I like the look of the girl that's displayed prominently in the bottom left-hand corner of that pic. If her expression in that pic is any indication, she has a very different personality from Eru and Mayaka, so that could add some greater diversity to the cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
It's interesting that this is the only anime from this seson to have it's own sub forum at this moment.
Well, Hyou-Ka is generating a lot of discussion, and most of it "serious" (in the sense of people tackling actual narrative content, and delving into mysteries and series speculation; not just loads of one-liner posts or image dumps).

So I think it was a good Mod decision to give Hyou-Ka a subforum.
Old 2012-05-16, 10:16   Link #1306
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Thanks, now I'm imagining Oreki accidentally stumbling into a sealed, odorous room and finding something he shouldn't have found, in the same way the protagonist of a certain other anime did.
"Houtarou...I love you" *Chitanda swings her axe
Old 2012-05-16, 10:42   Link #1307
Cipher

Main character is probably the only reason why I'm watching this. I can relate to his philosophy and the fact that it's not mudded by the unnecessary value-baggage reeking in the term "lazy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Everything about this show is perfect minus the unbearable apathy and sarcasm of the sociopathic and emotionless male lead, who frankly is as much fun to watch as listening to glass being ground to powder and having said powder shoved under your eyelids.
I can understand emotionless, but how is he apathetic, sarcastic and sociopathic?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 11:53   Link #1308
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
I can understand emotionless, but how is he apathetic, sarcastic and sociopathic?
Seconded.

I've never seen Houtarou being actually sociopathic. For all I know he seems to get along with the class quite well compared to more model examples. He merely avoids unneeded work, something I myself do often times. It does not make me a sociopath because I avoid it right?

He isn't sarcastic either because he is very straightforward unlike the other 3. When he explained the basic points of the theory of Chitanda's uncle, it was very very concise. The only times I heard him saying indirectly sarcastic things are with Satoshi. But that's a Clannad duo so it shall pass.
Old 2012-05-16, 13:04   Link #1309
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Congratulations on the subforum, Hyouka.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 13:15   Link #1310
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Sociopathy is not necessarily criminal in nature.

By its most basic definition, a sociopath is a person born without the ability to either feel unselfish emotions or the ability/desire to emotionally connect to and empathize with other human beings.

And most frightening of all, a sociopath doesn't feel that there's anything wrong with that at all. Hence even though not criminals, the most successful bosses of companies, doctors and killers are sociopaths, as they literally do NOT feel a SINGLE thing while hurting/cutting/killing people or destroying their hopes and dreams. The closest thing to an "emotion" felt by a sociopath is the apathetic annoyance felt when called on to take responsibility for their actions.

Note in Episode 2 how Houreki coldly and matter of factedly observed from a distance the shared joy of his 3 acquaintances (you are only a "friend" if you love or at the very least CARE for someone), and frankly admits to himself in his inner monologue "I just can't be like that. I wonder why."

And notice the violently explosive outrage of "NOT INTERESTED!! OKAY?" when pleaded to care for Eru-chan's plight. That would require the ability to (A) relate to another human being (B) care. 2 things that he candidly admits that he never wants to do unless FORCED to do so. And his flat "I'll help be but I WONT make any promises" is a textbook example of a sociopath's attempt to placate someone to leave him alone with a lazily given but rarely fulfilled half-promise.

Yes, Houreki may not be a thrill seeking axe-murderer, but he is just as dead-inside as Doctor House, the entire cast of Game of Thrones and any other sociopath who is unable and unwilling to feel and connect to humanity.

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2012-05-16 at 23:54.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 13:54   Link #1311
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Sometimes I find it hard to keep up with what's exactly going on with the plot - I might actually rewatch episode 4 and the end parts of episode 3, but episode 4 was mainly good because of Chitanda ponytail + Chitanda's cooking.
Old 2012-05-16, 22:08   Link #1312
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Oreki isn't the guy to be needlessly becoming awkward to someone. I suspect that to change over time though.

Still, Oreki's no dense male. In fact, I don't think she he wants to deny those feelings. Even he said at Ep 1 that he didn't want to deny her... although, he switches quite well from detective/smart mode to lazy mode and vice versa.
Just making sure we're on the same page, I was referring to Satoshi and Mayaka's relationship. Do you happen to think I was referring to Houtarou?
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 23:07   Link #1313
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
Just making sure we're on the same page, I was referring to Satoshi and Mayaka's relationship. Do you happen to think I was referring to Houtarou?
How... did I come to that conclusion?
Old 2012-05-17, 16:44   Link #1314
BrightSide

Hyouka spoilers?

Hi everyone. I have a question. I was recently told that:

Spoiler:

How much of a spoiler was that? Thank you for letting me know.
BrightSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 17:25   Link #1315
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I don't know.... would YOU cry for that reason?

I know I wouldn't.... :/ But, hey, if it turns out to be true, then .... damn.
I'm for the rep-ruined-by-history theory, btw.
Old 2012-05-17, 19:55   Link #1316
kimpleng
Lurker

Reference to Chitanda's house.
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-9565.html

Sample
Quote:
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 02:36   Link #1317
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpleng View Post
Reference to Chitanda's house.
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-9565.html

Sample
Is that actually a private property?
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 04:53   Link #1318
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Who owns that lot? I need to know....... XD
Old 2012-05-18, 08:46   Link #1319
blewin

just started watching and I must say I really like it! all those different ways of animating the mood of the anime, especially with how the producer manages to make the main male lead less boring than his character portrays him to be. And I like how it's not just about mysteries but character growth too. Hopefully we'll see some character growth of other characters too.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 20:13   Link #1320
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Who owns that lot? I need to know....... XD
From the episode 4 thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
The model site for Eru's home, Kamo Garden, posted a nice statement on their Facebook wall yesterday.
Quote:
Kamo Manor served as the home for the heroine of the TV anime Hyouka, Eru Chitanda. It's been talked about by anime fans and yesterday our website was accessed 9,000 times. Already by 15:00 it's been accessed 5,400 times today. It's strangely high for Kachou Gardens since this website was first launched.

We never thought this would happen after they scouted the area last July.
They link to a summary of the episode and the official site. In the comments, they are the third one to comment on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comment
We never thought this would happen! The young art staff were only here for an hour to take pictures for location scouting... This reaction cannot be compared to ICHI or Raiou
The two names mentioned in the comments were Japanese movies. I presume that both were shot in the Gardens.

Edit: Here is a page set up to show off the manor.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptation, shounen, slice of life