AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2006-06-09, 19:24   Link #81
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

While on the topic of music tracks, does anyone else here like the the orgel (music box style) versions of Tori no uta and Aozora? I LOVE these typs of tracks.

The Tori no Uta orgel version (named Hane on the OST) seems downright haunting.

The Aozora orgel version is also called Giniro and I forget if they played it during the naime itself but it's brings tears immediately when hearing it.

A sie note Kanon also had a bunch of orgel version, notably of course "Last Regrets."
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 19:35   Link #82
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah, Hane's a nice track on the OST - just like each and every track, it has a certain meaning that means to so to Air.
Old 2006-06-09, 21:34   Link #83
Minoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco
The Tori no Uta orgel version (named Hane on the OST) seems downright haunting.

The Aozora orgel version is also called Giniro and I forget if they played it during the naime itself but it's brings tears immediately when hearing it.
Hane = haunting...definitely. I think they actually used the orgel version of Giniro a couple of times during the anime, but right now the only time I can remember for certain is
Spoiler:
In keeping with the topic, I've got to mention that I'm really fond of Natsukage...the wonderful piano melody, the arrangement and the way it goes from diffidently upbeat to almost ominous and moody before the original theme comes back so brightly. Add to that the associations it brings back from the places it's used in the anime, and wow...I don't think I could ever get tired of listening to it. The Kanon / AIR Piano Arrange Album, Re-feel, has a nice version of it too, as well as Denshou, Aozora, Yumegatari, and Tori no Uta.

There's even a CD single available that has a vocal version...it's quite different, but it grew on me very quickly. Now I know what Enya would sound like if she were Japanese...
Minoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 23:27   Link #84
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoto
There's even a CD single available that has a vocal version...it's quite different, but it grew on me very quickly. Now I know what Enya would sound like if she were Japanese...
Lia's version is too sad for me. I personnally prefer the doujin version sung by 茶太 in Game Music Library's Airness, its' much happier.

In addition to the official albums, some of the doujin ones are quite good as well, e.g. Air Aria by Resound Wav and Faraway by Pine. Unfortunately, most of them can only be found in Yahoo JP (with a high price tag).
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 23:51   Link #85
Minoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani
Lia's version is too sad for me. I personnally prefer the doujin version sung by 茶太 in Game Music Library's Airness, its' much happier.

In addition to the official albums, some of the doujin ones are quite good as well, e.g. Air Aria by Resound Wav and Faraway by Pine. Unfortunately, most of them can only be found in Yahoo JP (with a high price tag).
Interesting...personally, I don't mind sad (if I did, would I be an Air fan? ), but I'd love to hear those other versions as well. I always hear the original song as being fairly happy; yes, there's that middle section, but it comes back almost triumphantly afterwards. A vocal version of the song that still keeps that feeling ought to be something special indeed...thanks for the recommendations; I'll have to see if I can track those down.
Old 2006-06-10, 01:42   Link #86
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I sometimes personally compare the tune with "Amazing Grace" which, regardless of one's faith, is quite compelling. I would not mind Aozora sung at my memorial.
Some music just hits that "bigger picture" part of the brain.
Old 2006-06-10, 06:39   Link #87
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Hane = haunting...definitely. I think they actually used the orgel version of Giniro a couple of times during the anime, but right now the only time I can remember for certain is
Spoiler:
It also appeared with Yukito & Misuzu first felt the power of Kano's feather.
Old 2006-06-10, 06:40   Link #88
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

Quote:
I haven't seen her age definitively stated anywhere, but personally, I'd put her at sixteen -- consider the shot of her birthday cake in episode two:

I count twelve candles, and it looks like 1/4th of the cake has been removed so far, implying that it would have had sixteen candles on it originally.
Nice theory But in the movie version, she seemed much older to me and Yukito seemed a bit younger than he is in the TV version. I wonder if anyone can eat an onigiri or a piece of cake like Yukito did. I mean he swallowed the whole thing like it was nothing. He really got a big mouth

Spoiler for about Kamio Haruko:
rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-10, 06:50   Link #89
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You're probably are right there - its amazing the amount of difference the Anime has to the movie - it's know easy to understand how the movie came about.

& nice idea about the cake Minoto. ^^
Old 2006-06-11, 14:23   Link #90
Minoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei
Nice theory But in the movie version, she seemed much older to me and Yukito seemed a bit younger than he is in the TV version. I wonder if anyone can eat an onigiri or a piece of cake like Yukito did. I mean he swallowed the whole thing like it was nothing. He really got a big mouth

Spoiler for about Kamio Haruko:
I noticed the same thing about the movie...I've always wondered how much of the change is just the result of the different character design, and how much was done intentionally to reduce the age gap between Misuzu and Yukito. Just taking away the saucer-sized eyes that are a Key visual trademark seems to add another year or so to Misuzu's age, as does making her character design more rounded and less delicate...she actually has a relatively realistic design in the movie, but in comparison to the game or TV versions, she looks almost pudgy. The changes to Yukito are less extreme, but nonetheless leave him looking a bit younger as well.

Spoiler for thoughts on age, and differences between the series and movie:

Spoiler for Haruko:

Edit: oops, ignore that...for some reason I read your comment the other way around. You're right about the difference -- good catch!

And yes -- watching Yukito eat is one of the funniest things in the whole series. Did Kano even get more than a bite or two of her lunch that one time?

Last edited by Minoto; 2006-06-12 at 23:33.
Old 2006-06-11, 22:19   Link #91
Minoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
It also appeared with Yukito & Misuzu first felt the power of Kano's feather.
Thanks for remembering that -- I knew I'd heard it elsewhere, but wasn't feeling energetic enough to run through the whole series again looking for it.
Old 2006-06-18, 00:38   Link #92
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

Why does Misuzu love dinosaur so much? She said something about romance. I really don't get it
rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 00:50   Link #93
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Been a while since I saw it, and it's a minor detail at that. I'm pretty sure she did state a reason. The dinosaur does play a big role in the end because of Sora but as for her liking them in the first place, I have no idea.

It's in the earlier episodes in the first half.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 11:05   Link #94
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei
Why does Misuzu love dinosaur so much? She said something about romance. I really don't get it
Neither did I, but she did mention it had something to do with their extinction.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 11:07   Link #95
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Why would that type of question need answering?
Old 2006-06-19, 18:59   Link #96
frad113

Send a message via AIM to frad113
She likes dinsours because she posesses latent memories of the winged beings (as seen towards the end of ep 12 I believe).
frad113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 17:16   Link #97
martino
makes no files now

I'm not sure whether I asked this before or not...anyway.

I should have some free time and I was wondering as to which should I watch first, Summer Special or AIR TV? (I already watched the movie btw - wrong move, I know...)

Thanks
Old 2006-06-24, 20:19   Link #98
frad113

Send a message via AIM to frad113
Watch AIR TV before the Summer specials, partialy because they take place in the middle of the series.
frad113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 03:09   Link #99
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

I watched the series. But i really didn't get it.

Spoiler:
outcast_within is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 04:32   Link #100
Amaranthine

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within
I watched the series. But i really didn't get it.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote