AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-10-15, 17:50   Link #741
guest0815

I think I first encountered the term in GSpot: The width to height ratio of the storage frame (pixel count as internally stored).
Reading a little on sample aspect ratio I see now that SAR shouldn't be used as an abrevation for storage/source ar but since that's cleared up I'm sure you know the concept nonetheless.

I got the idea of 1280x720 encoded pixels (storage ar) which happen to be nonsquare (sample/pixel ar) so the picture is displayed as 1408:720 (dar).

Edit 1: Probably after reading that post at videohelp.com

Spoiler:

edit 2: Ok, you do know the concept since your equation is the same as mine. What I called storage AR is simply width and height in your post.
edit 3: That's the worst thing about being noob and not knowing the proper terminology. People don't even understand your questions (to tell you you're asking the wrong ones)

So I understand stripping my .h264 of evil pixel ar settings via remuxing is correct.

Last edited by guest0815; 2008-10-15 at 21:23.
guest0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 21:53   Link #742
guest0815

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
edit: by the way I have no idea how this stuff works with mp4
Huh? Well, there can't be much wrong with removing PAR info that distort a 16/9 source via mp4box' par=none, can there? So far you guys made it sound like, in this case, PAR is just like another DAR header. This seems to be supported by the fact that for mp4box there isn't even an option to set a DAR. What mkvmerge does with the custom DAR mp4box achieves through the custom PAR.
But I shouldn't speculate, there are probably lots of people on this forum that know about this pretty well.
Only thing that initially made me pause for a moment was that the PAR info is written directly into the video track.
guest0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 22:45   Link #743
checkers
Part 8
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to checkers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Well, the Megui thing was just a bug with my registry or something. But, my Megui really is acting up, and it's weird. Right now, it's not showing me the fps or projected size or anything. Sometimes it'll just refuse to encode a certain audio format, or it'll crash like that.
Three Rs of Windows repair: Restart, Reinstall, Reformat.

Quote:
I didn't know you could play an AVS file with MPC/ZP?
How the heck did you preview your AVS files before MeGUI came along >_>
checkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 23:24   Link #744
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkers View Post
Three Rs of Windows repair: Restart, Reinstall, Reformat.

All 3 of them have failed me, unfortunately. It's just something buggy, I think...

And I've been using AVSP. I haven't really been encoding for too long, only like 4 months, and it's not like I'm actively learning filtering or anything. Just doing a bit in my free time, nowadays mainly just for fun (since I suck too much to actually work anywhere encoding. XD)
Old 2008-10-16, 07:12   Link #745
checkers
Part 8
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to checkers
Quote:
All 3 of them have failed me, unfortunately. It's just something buggy, I think...
You've reinstalled both MeGUI and CCCP? Grab the Insurgent and post a test render on a file that gives problems.
checkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 07:41   Link #746
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkers View Post
virtualdub has better error handling and behaves better with extremely slow scripts than mpc does just f y i

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest0815 View Post
Huh? Well, there can't be much wrong with removing PAR info that distort a 16/9 source via mp4box' par=none, can there? So far you guys made it sound like, in this case, PAR is just like another DAR header. This seems to be supported by the fact that for mp4box there isn't even an option to set a DAR. What mkvmerge does with the custom DAR mp4box achieves through the custom PAR.
But I shouldn't speculate, there are probably lots of people on this forum that know about this pretty well.
Only thing that initially made me pause for a moment was that the PAR info is written directly into the video track.
Well what I meant was "I have no idea if MP4 even has any AR header in the container or if mp4box's PAR settings just manipulate the video bitstream PAR values".
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 17:28   Link #747
neshru

question about editions in mkv files

Do anyone know if it's possible to link a specific .ass file to an edition? So that when you select a different edition, you also switch subtitles file.
Also, is it possible to have an edition that disables subtitles?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 19:12   Link #748
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

I suggest you read into Tracksets, those should help you do what you want..
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 06:08   Link #749
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Yes, trackset/tracksetex will do what you want.

1) Define two or more editions, let's say the have the edition UID's 4200 and 4201
2) Write a tags xml document like so:
Code:
<!-- <!DOCTYPE Tags SYSTEM "matroskatags.dtd"> -->
<Tags>
<Tag>
<Simple>
<Name>TRACKSETEX</Name>
<String>4200 . #0 x eng</String>
</Simple>
<Simple>
<Name>TRACKSETEX</Name>
<String>4201 . #1 #0 jpn</String>
</Simple>
</Tag>
</Tags>
The <string>stuff</string> is what decides what tracks will be switched and/or disabled; the syntax is as follows:
Code:
EditionUID #VideoTrackNumber #AudioTrackNumber #SubtitleTrackNumber [optional three-letter language code]
EditionUID is exactly what you think it is, the rest are track numbers starting from 0 prefixed by a #. The letter "x" in place of the subtitle track number means disable subtitles, and a period "." means don't change track. The language code will give the edition a language tag in the splitter menu.
3) Mux MKV with chapters/editions XML and tags XML.

Do note that this is a Haali-specific feature; the tracksets do nothing with other splitters.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 15:46   Link #750
Kristen
*Author

Is there any kind of a difference between a .ts and a .m2ts file? They both read as a MPEG-2 transport stream, but I can't really tell if there's and kind of difference between them at all.
Old 2008-11-21, 16:11   Link #751
D404
Banned

.ts are seen mostly (or exclusively?) for broadcasts, and use 188-byte packets (im not going to explain this here. .m2ts are used on BDs (etc?) and have an extra 4 byte timecode in each packet, making 'em 192-bytes. This allows them to write packets out of order etc...
D404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 17:04   Link #752
keikochan4

Well, my problem is, that I usually use VirtualDubMod to encode xvid, but my friend's little older computer doesn't play it, no matter what codec pack she use. Even if it can play, it's because I encoded the file twice, so the quality is a mess. I tried to encode Divx too, but I probably didn't set the export properities the right way, because the result wasn't satisfying. Has anyone tips?
keikochan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 04:19   Link #753
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

I have a comment which relates to creating fansubs.

Please, try your best to avoid doing this. I almost fell out of my chair and hit my head when I saw this.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 06:09   Link #754
Dark Shikari
x264 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D404 View Post
.ts are seen mostly (or exclusively?) for broadcasts, and use 188-byte packets (im not going to explain this here. .m2ts are used on BDs (etc?) and have an extra 4 byte timecode in each packet, making 'em 192-bytes. This allows them to write packets out of order etc...
No, "ts" is just short for "m2ts" (they both mean MPEG-2 Transport Stream). There is no obvious way of distinguishing Blu-ray from regular M2TS files (other than actually opening and analyzing them).
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 10:32   Link #755
edogawaconan
Hi
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to edogawaconan Send a message via Yahoo to edogawaconan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
I have a comment which relates to creating fansubs.

Please, try your best to avoid doing this. I almost fell out of my chair and hit my head when I saw this.
um, what's the problem with that?
Old 2008-11-22, 10:39   Link #756
Vide
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by edogawaconan View Post
um, what's the problem with that?
Most can probably guess what it says on the cake without the need for an explanation.

But I don't see a problem with notes myself, except that the outline "box" seems like a waste of space.
Vide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 10:41   Link #757
martino
makes no files now

Maybe the horrible box that overlaps 10% of the original animation in the frame?
Old 2008-11-22, 11:12   Link #758
edogawaconan
Hi
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to edogawaconan Send a message via Yahoo to edogawaconan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vide View Post
Most can probably guess what it says on the cake without the need for an explanation.
So now everyone can read katakana...
Well, guessing is not enough for me so maybe it's just me.

@martino: as long as it is softsubbed and doesn't overlap anything important...
Old 2008-11-22, 13:55   Link #759
jfs
Aegisub dev

I think the only thing possibly wrong with that sample is the superfluous text around the actual translation. Instead of "Note: There is ..." it could have been shortened to one of these without making it any harder to understand:
Cake: Happy Birthday
"Happy Birthday"

And yes probably do away with the white box.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 20:46   Link #760
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by edogawaconan View Post
@martino: as long as it is softsubbed and doesn't overlap anything important...
You don't want to know what it renders like in mplayer and how much I want to kill whoever does such crap...