Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-04, 09:09   Link #821
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Spoiler for ep4:
Oh, end Evangelion quote too! What else did I miss?
Old 2012-05-04, 09:48   Link #822
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

lol im with you peeps i laugh at the Gundam and Evangelion references
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 11:08   Link #823
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Naru's illness is growing on me. At first I thought it was just a weird move, but now I'm liking how it works in the story a lot more than before. It lets her be a something of the "damsel in distress" for purpose of the plot (I'm assuming) without her actually having the personality usually associated with that plot role.
Since it's in the official series pre-release info it's not really a spoiler, but
Spoiler for Naru's illness:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 11:09   Link #824
mochichan

Since Naru looked like the romantic attraction in the show, I expected her to follow Ao but guess they'll meet up later since she was with him in the OP too.
The animation and the actions are amazing <3

I'll have to rewatch all 50 ep this weekend to refresh my memory about this world :P
If Eureka was the Eureka from the first show..what happened to Renton? :\
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 14:11   Link #825
Xagzan

Ahh, there's my Eureka techno battle music

I actually really liked the battle sequence against the G-Monster. It had the wild, dynamic feel of LFO battles from the original series, even if these IFOs don't fight the same way.

Also, come on Ao, take the girl with you!

Oh well, next time it looks like we'll get to see life aboard the...Triton, is it called? along with all the other G.Bleu characters. That's actually something I'm really looking forward to, since getting to know the Gekkostate in the first series in the early episodes was a blast, and hopefully these people can be just as entertaining.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 14:46   Link #826
ookamigirl

Ao learning contols of his new mecha.
He doesn't quite know what he's doing yet.
Destroying that g-monster was really impressive with his level of skills.
Ao was lucky that guy picked him up and took him to safety.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 18:15   Link #827
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Ahh, there's my Eureka techno battle music

I actually really liked the battle sequence against the G-Monster. It had the wild, dynamic feel of LFO battles from the original series, even if these IFOs don't fight the same way.

Also, come on Ao, take the girl with you!

Oh well, next time it looks like we'll get to see life aboard the...Triton, is it called? along with all the other G.Bleu characters. That's actually something I'm really looking forward to, since getting to know the Gekkostate in the first series in the early episodes was a blast, and hopefully these people can be just as entertaining.
I really wanted them to break out Storywriter (main battle music from the first series) somewhere during that. But that was probably asking a tad too much.

This looks to have a bigger cast of characters, so I imagine we'll focus more on a specific set of them this time. Plus Noah. Eureka 7 has a thing with awesome animals. Though at least Noah has consistent Mass.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 18:54   Link #828
Xagzan

That would be fantastic. I would love to hear Storywriter suddenly pop up during a battle scene. Or Tiger Track, that was another fun one.

Now that you mention it, the guy who's composing for AO, he wrote Storywriter, didn't he? And the same studio's doing AO that did the original series? So, wouldn't they have the rights to at least that song?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 19:24   Link #829
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Even if they did, I doubt they'd want to reuse the music. Gotta make the show its own thing, after all. Unless we get a cameo appearance by someone from the previous series (other than Eureka, obviously), in which case they might go for some nostalgia.
Old 2012-05-04, 19:38   Link #830
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I don't really get why Naru is in the show, as she's not really all that useful a character. Anyways, this anime is officially one of the "most surprising" of the year in the fact that I actually like it. Fits my taste more than the first one did.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 20:15   Link #831
tsunade666

the battle with the g-monster with Nirvash raining bullets on top of it reminds me strongly of strike witches but instead of flying girls we got a mecha flying in surfboard.

Naru being left behind is a good thing and I really don't like her. Didn't like clingy types and the one who thinks that the MC is useless without them by their sides. Plus she is pretty useless (for now) except for pretty heavy baggage. And I like the girls from generation blue more than her.
Old 2012-05-05, 01:58   Link #832
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
the breaking the 4th wall jokes & parodies reminds me of Shympogear & Aquarion Evol for some reason
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 02:10   Link #833
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
I don't really get why Naru is in the show, as she's not really all that useful a character. Anyways, this anime is officially one of the "most surprising" of the year in the fact that I actually like it. Fits my taste more than the first one did.
It's too soon to say she's useless.
She might have some secret hidden power, they said in the anime she's a psychic or something(?)
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 02:15   Link #834
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Naru has abilities that haven't factored into the plot yet, first of all. And she represents someone who believes in Ao unconditionally, and she and her father are embodiment of the generational split on the island. She's important - but she's a supporting character. The only one who has to be truly indispensable is Ao.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 02:15   Link #835
RiderLeangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
It's too soon to say she's useless.
She might have some secret hidden power, they said in the anime she's a psychic or something(?)
They said before that she's a Yuta.
RiderLeangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 07:27   Link #836
Arya

Naru will be indispensable for Ao at some point of the story, with her powers, quite obvious I'd say. Even if on MAL she is showed as a main character, so I hope that she will be back soon on screen. I mean is this still Eureka Seven, right? so it would be like having Renton w/o Eureka.
I'm guessing, since they are following a more standard (troped) plot so far, they needed to take her off screen to develop the relationship between Ao and Fleor without Naru getting in the way.

Anyways, to the she show Naru is already indispensable for her cuteness!!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 13:52   Link #837
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I'm sure she is important, but somehow, being introduced as Ao's sick friend that he's known for years doesn't work for me. It's not the same as Eureka.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 16:59   Link #838
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

I may be wrong, but I can't recall a BONES show that doesn't have a Hero who does not end with the first girl he meets in said show (case Eureka) or his childhood friend.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 18:04   Link #839
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Even if they did, I doubt they'd want to reuse the music. Gotta make the show its own thing, after all. Unless we get a cameo appearance by someone from the previous series (other than Eureka, obviously), in which case they might go for some nostalgia.
Yeah. I get the feling that if Renton appears, and the even bigger if of whether he pilots, we'll have some E7 battle music then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Naru being left behind is a good thing and I really don't like her. Didn't like clingy types and the one who thinks that the MC is useless without them by their sides. Plus she is pretty useless (for now) except for pretty heavy baggage. And I like the girls from generation blue more than her.
If I can find one fault with Naru at the moment, its that she said that. It just hit a nerve with me, especially considering Ao has spent pretty much every moment either taking care of her, or acting for the island as a whole. Even if you narow it down to Naru taking care of him emotionally, she's not exactly hitting 10/10 there either.

TBH, I don't like Naru as the romantic lead in this series. I'd prefer that they just stay close friends.
Old 2012-05-05, 18:20   Link #840
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
I may be wrong, but I can't recall a BONES show that doesn't have a Hero who does not end with the first girl he meets in said show (case Eureka) or his childhood friend.
You are right. Osananajimi has a flawless record if the show is done by Bones... except for Go Sick (which is arguable because it is an adaptation and the osananajimi couple in question are side characters at best)

Doesn't gurantee Naru will have a big part here though (she likely will but not in near future at least). I mean, Eureka had loads of screen time because Nirvash was a 2 seater, and the show is frigging named after her. Naru has neither.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen