Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-05, 17:02   Link #241
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali1985 View Post
At this point in Bleach, I really think even VC level could take out a plain old Menos. Renji and Ikkaku have Bankai, but both are clearly a cut below the captains. That's not me , Kubo has indicated that by having Renji royally owned by Byakuya, and have Ikkaku clearly subordinate to Kenpachi.

Weren't you and OD disagreeing :S? I mean, you said:
Well that's what I mean when I say... what's really captain level?

Ikkau is subordinate to Kenpachi because he admires him. But if they fought. At Bankai he might give Zaraki a run for his money. *I said might*

But You can't really judge by those fights...since Fraccion are numbered by birth and not strength.

And if a VC can take out a Menos Grande...then A Menos Grande turned Arrancar by definition should at least double (if not tripple) it's powers. It's now using Hollow and Shinigami power whereas the Shinigami only has one set.

GJ's fFraccion were only beat due to element of surprise and since numbers mean nothing...they really weren't indicative of strength. If VC can easily own them...I am going to start to doubt Aizen's brilliance...He thought he was the man with these weak ass Arrancar...

Bad storytelling ftw!
Old 2008-07-05, 18:08   Link #242
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Well that's what I mean when I say... what's really captain level?

Ikkau is subordinate to Kenpachi because he admires him. But if they fought. At Bankai he might give Zaraki a run for his money. *I said might*
I would say Ikkaku posseses the bare minimum requirements to become a captain. But Kubo never clearly outlined what captain level is. From what I've gathered captain level is actually a contest or 'survival of the fittest'. There are 12 captains and one captain commander. The 12 captains set the bar for everyone else but are incidentaly under constant threat of being championed, usually by their talented VC or seated shinigami. So really captain level is the best Soul Society has to offer.

Quote:
And if a VC can take out a Menos Grande...then A Menos Grande turned Arrancar by definition should at least double (if not tripple) it's powers. It's now using Hollow and Shinigami power whereas the Shinigami only has one set.
True, arrancar are on a different level to Menos Grande. But I think you're overestimating the Menos. A seated officer could probably defeat one. Reason they're so feared is because they have a herd mentality.

Quote:
GJ's fFraccion were only beat due to element of surprise and since numbers mean nothing...they really weren't indicative of strength. If VC can easily own them...I am going to start to doubt Aizen's brilliance...He thought he was the man with these weak ass Arrancar...

Bad storytelling ftw!
Aizen seems to have shown little to no intrest in any of his Espada, aside from the top 4, let alone Fraccion. I'm guessing his top 4 are really a force to be reckoned with. Either that or he has something else up his sleeve. I wouldn't doubt Aizen's brilliance, doubt his own strength, yes, but he's far too clever to misjudge something like the power of his subordinates.
Closed Thread

Tags
lets stop the pendulum, hollofication, lets go, manga, weekly chapter discussion, flashback arc finale