AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-08-14, 20:04   Link #16261
Megaolix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
What do you mean "again?"
My bad. I meant to say that it's time for him to add another epic moment to his list of epic moments.
Old 2010-08-14, 20:06   Link #16262
LuckySovietStar

Quote:
What do you mean "again?"
Go go Genius Battler.
I miss Dread of the Grave. Also, I want EP8 to end with Battler saying
< SEE YOU AGAIN, HAVE A NICE DREAM >
LuckySovietStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 20:10   Link #16263
Endless_Witch_Nipah
BeaBato <3

Send a message via MSN to Endless_Witch_Nipah
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySovietStar View Post
Go go Genius Battler.
I miss Dread of the Grave. Also, I want EP8 to end with Battler saying
< SEE YOU AGAIN, HAVE A NICE DREAM >
And i want some smexy BxB damn :_____:
Old 2010-08-14, 20:11   Link #16264
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
In terms of red/blue:

There is very, very little in this episode, at all. It'd probably fit on an index card. Will/Bern have a brief exchange of red and blue when he first appears, then there's no more blue for the entirety of the episode. One or two more red statements. Nothing else.

Both the major duels in the episode are "white text" duels.
Is there golden truth?
Old 2010-08-14, 20:13   Link #16265
KnightOfTwo

Looks like EP8 will be all out destruction. Who wants to bet that virtually every meta character will side with our beloved Endless Sorcerer against Bern. I can already picture a Will and Dlanor tag team.
KnightOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 20:14   Link #16266
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
Is there golden truth?
I don't specifically recall any. I thought one line was but it appears to just be in red. If there was I skipped over it too fast to check, and NScripter doesn't retain text colors when backscrolling.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 20:14   Link #16267
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Minor observation. If my (flawed) understanding of Japanese is correct,
  • Only 12 Van Dine rules are "laws", which would imply only those are in red.
  • The one about the servant not being the culprit is 11th (as it is in the original 20-rule list) and is given in red. (The first red in the episode too)
  • The 7th, about a corpse being required, is also in red and also 7th.
  • The 1st one also matches the original 20-item list and is also in red.
Which would mean that Van Dine rules 1-12 are more or less as given originally by Van Dine and in red. Supposing that is correct, does this allow us any useful deductions about Ep1-Ep4?

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)

Last edited by Oliver; 2010-08-14 at 20:22. Reason: Edited for clarity.
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 20:17   Link #16268
LuckySovietStar

I want Erika's comeback. She was in Opening, goddamit! She should deal Bern final blow.

Quote:
Don't forget about RonoBato, pu ku ku. Oh, and anybody remembers that Johnny Depp-Ronove photoshop thingy? Ryukishi must be really impressed, because Ronove wants to become a pirate captain (Game Master Battler TIP) and go to Carribean's (EP6 wedding crushing).

Also, how these White Text Duels work? Is this Ryukishi yelling at us PLEASE WHITE TEXT IS IMPORTANT TOO, UMINEKO IS NOT JUST PAGE FILLED WITH RED SENTENCES AND SOME CONTEXT?
Old 2010-08-14, 20:17   Link #16269
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Minor observation. If my (flawed) understanding of Japanese is correct,
  • Only 12 Van Dine rules are in red, i.e. are "laws".
  • The one about the servant not being the culprit is 11th (as it is in the original 20-rule list) and is also in red.
  • The 7th, about a corpse being required, is also in red and also 7th.
  • The 1st one also matches the original 20-item list and is also in red.
Which would mean that Van Dine rules 1-12 are more or less as given originally by Van Dine and in red. Supposing that is correct, does this allow us any useful deductions about Ep1-Ep4?
Maybe you could tell us which other Vin Dine rules where used?
Old 2010-08-14, 20:18   Link #16270
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

It's... an argument. They argue with each other. Their text just isn't any magical colors.

EDIT: Likewise, Bern's entire scenario and argument was in white. Ryukishi is basically trolling us again. "Did I give you the answer or not? Heh, sucker, it's not in red, you're gonna have to figure it out yourself."

Which I like, really.

Old 2010-08-14, 20:20   Link #16271
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless_Witch_Nipah View Post
Ryukishi will then troll us all and reveal that Beatrice is actually Battler's real mom. You will never be able to see those bxb pictures the same way again...XD
Old 2010-08-14, 20:24   Link #16272
LuckySovietStar

Quote:
You will never be able to see those bxb pictures the same way again...XD
Think about poor people of pixiv and their LeonXWill art, which now looks really...not wright.

So, Renall, what is your opinion after all? Because now, after calming down, only thing that looks really sucky is that battlerheaded Kinzo. I wish Kinzo said "Well my young Dine, I looked like that Battler brat over here, you see" and Ryu played it for laughs -_-.
Old 2010-08-14, 20:29   Link #16273
~Ayane~

Quote:
I believe that's the point of Battler's final bit there at the end of the ????. He seems pretty calm after all those events, so I'm hoping this is a sign he's finally put everything to rest and is going to storm back in and tear Bern apart.
why the hell would he do that? its not like she is is the bad guy here -_-
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 20:31   Link #16274
LuckySovietStar

Im actually suprised that there is NO ASUMU WHATSOEVER IN THIS EPISODE.
Old 2010-08-14, 20:32   Link #16275
Disz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
Of course not.She's sweet as cookies.
Disz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 20:34   Link #16276
KnightOfTwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
The hero always likes to make a flashy and late entrance right when things look bad. They also like to go out with one last giant sword fight.
KnightOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 20:34   Link #16277
LuckySovietStar

Cookies with small bombs inside. She is really good at making your insides go outside, after all!
Old 2010-08-14, 20:35   Link #16278
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Well, I can't comment on any of the text or anything obviously, but I'm pretty satisfied with the presentation and honestly I don't mind that we spend so much of the episode with Leon and Will because they're pretty interesting and they don't take over the story. If I understand what Bern is doing it's pretty clever, and I have some questions about who Will actually is, because he, like Erika, seems to just show up on Rokkenjima and nobody seems to mind it much. The Leon flirting is funny too.

Plus Battler showing up at the end all calm and enlightened in spite of Bern's game just sort of makes me think that Bern really got a lot of things wrong and he's going to completely trash it, but we won't know until ep8.

The servant stuff is going to be very important, and unfortunately without the text it's impossible to parse. It seems to be hinting that the narrator is Kanon, but we never see him and Shannon's behavior is equally suspicious. Anyone who hoped or believed Shkanon would be outright stated or laid to rest, sorry, it looks like he's not letting that one go just yet. Unless the text says something more clearly, obviously.

The fights seemed good. Will is a hell of a slugger. The problem with the Claire fight is it didn't really seem to have any consequences. Bern also seems to have kicked his ass, so at least we know she's not a slouch when it comes to an actual throwdown, what with her never actually doing any fighting before now.

Skimming obviously doesn't give a great view of pacing, but I think the pacing will prove to be good. The servant parts seemed to drag a bit, but reading the actual text may be more interesting. The Tea Party is tight, brutal, and exciting. Honestly Eva and Kyrie/Rudolf managed to be more tense than any of the magical battles, if only because Eva was running on pure disbelieving rage at that point. If that really was what happened to her, the whole thing with Ange is tragic.

Thoughts on some of the new music:

黄泉津比良坂Corruption - Pretty pumping track, but a little generic.

04 she-end_mst - The weird male-ish vocals that play when Beatrice and Kinzo are at the submarine pen. It sounds like it's in French or something, it definitely doesn't sound Japanese or English.

0h_executioner_m - This is the big battle music of the episode and I think it stands up to at least the rest of the big tracks from Chiru. It's very synthy, but it works really well during the fights it's played in. Takes time to get going. It's no dream end discharger, but what is?

なまえのないうた_EDsize - The credits music. It's unusually downbeat after everything that came before, but the preceding scene with Battler walking through the empty chapel sets it up well.

far(flat) - As the name suggests, a flat piano remix of far. I love far, one of my favorite tracks, and I don't like this one as much, but I've been waiting for it to get a remix forever.

lg_Golden Nocturne(inst) - It's okay.

namaenonaiuta_Ver2_oche_mst - I think this is the instrumental version of the ED. Not as good as the vocal version, I don't think.

the_end_of_the_world_inst_mst - A really good new "slow" track that picks up. It's kind of like Answer, actually.

30_terminal_entrance - A weird "spooky" track that kinda reminds me of music from Deus Ex for some reason.

43 goddess-gardena_mst - Some kinda weird Vocaloid-sounding track. It's not as bad as it initially sounds, but it's... not great.

22_reflection-call_mst - Another good atmsophere track.

24_7-weights_mst - Another one that kinda reminds me of Deus Ex. Kind of a synth-harpsichord thing with other weird sounds, but it works.

There are others, and they're pretty decent.

Old 2010-08-14, 20:36   Link #16279
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
Maybe you could tell us which other Vin Dine rules where used?
So far, only 1, 7 and 11 are given, they are in red, and appear to be very close to a single-sentence formulation of the original Van Dine text of the same number. It's implied the total is 12, (I believe the tips for either Ep5 or Ep6 that mention Wright also mention he has 12 rules rather than 20) and since all the numbers clearly match, I would expect that the rules not presented in red in the text itself, but numbered 12 and below are as Dine gave them and only rules 13-20 are discarded. It's certainly something to think about.

I'm not far in at all, mind you, and it's going to be bloody slow.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 20:39   Link #16280
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

They mention Dine's "12 wedges," which I believe he actually fights with, as his attack pattern is a series of narrow lines.