AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-06-28, 23:24   Link #2021
Nih

True, but then Rudolf was there too and I think he's got a faster draw.
Nih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 23:25   Link #2022
Hareoic
There will be burgers

But did all of them have guns at the time, or even know anybody else among them had weapons?
Old 2009-06-28, 23:26   Link #2023
Nih

I don't know. Do you? :P
Old 2009-06-28, 23:33   Link #2024
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Nope. And, admittedly, it'd be relatively easy to conceal a sawn off rifle from the others. Then, once they're stuffed (or drugged), their guts are blown out and stuffed with candy.

Then again, their entrails were all over the floor in front of them, right? It didn't mention that their backs had gaping holes in them from what I recall, so the odds of it being done with a gun or anything other than slicing them open is kinda...
Old 2009-06-28, 23:35   Link #2025
Nih

You're correct, it didn't.

P.S. Oh that's cheating.

P.P.S. The odds of slicing them are kinda low. One person versus six, think about it heh.
Old 2009-06-28, 23:42   Link #2026
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Well, if you need a crazy theory, how about tiny grappling hooks that were shot into their stomachs and then yanked out, pulling their organs out with them.

Or a slightly less crazy version would involve fishing hooks.

Also, perhaps there was something in the food after all. Something metallic and magnetic that tore right through them after being drawn to an electromagnet activated beneath the table (or cleverly disguised as a decoration at the time). The culprit probably shut it off and removed it after that (otherwise the gold bar is fake or heavier than we'd guessed) and filled them with candy for some inexplicable reason. (I'm pretty sure it was mentioned the candies were still wrapped, so they probably didn't eat them before dying/being torn open).
Old 2009-06-28, 23:46   Link #2027
Nih

I think you misunderstand, I don't need a theory right now :P Because there's just not enough information. It's not like I'm stating in red "Rosa is innocent", I'm simply not jumping to premature conclusions.
Old 2009-06-28, 23:51   Link #2028
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Ah, I see.

I wonder how much of what people speculated about Higurashi before the release of the answer arcs turned out to be right.

The suspense is killing me.
Old 2009-06-28, 23:55   Link #2029
Nih

And therein lies the problem, too many people are expecting a Higurashi repeat :/
And I'm not even sure what you tried proving with that, to pull out a random number, I'd say about 70% of those speculations turned out to be false. But whatever, this isn't even an argument anymore.

Edit: by Higurashi comparison I meant a different killer for each Episode, just my bias talking heh.

Last edited by Nih; 2009-07-20 at 15:28. Reason: less vague
Old 2009-06-29, 00:02   Link #2030
Hareoic
There will be burgers

And with that, I'm gonna ask something else.

Has anybody got a translation of the Stakes Valentines... Thingamajig? And if so, is it relevant to solving any of the game's mysteries?
Old 2009-06-29, 01:27   Link #2031
hodil
Solve me...

@Haereoic

Interesting theories... Electromagnets and stuff.

I still think all these is unneeded. Battler's goal is to deny witches. To deny the possibility of killings being done by witches. Therefore, as long as he proves that a human could possibly conduct the murders, the methods are most probably something like extra details. (Of course we wont be satisfied if the details arent released) Even still, its a devil's proof.

I was thinking...In Ep2, Beato revealed her physical form to Kyrie and to Rosa. This i believe was to gain trust of the humans that she actually manifested. In order words, to create some sort of mysterious element, which the adults would be darn interested in. Therefore, if the adults were given a letter remember my Epx3? that does something like, "If you wish to know who I am, visit the chapel."

They are easily lured there ^^. The only difficult thing would be the key thingy...
Old 2009-06-29, 02:15   Link #2032
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nih View Post
And therein lies the problem, too many people are expecting a Higurashi repeat :/
Honestly, I don't see a single person claiming that the events here are due to "Rokkenjima Syndrome" (some kind of variant of Hinamizawa Syndrome's parasite).

It's not like you've got anything to lose by throwing a crazy theory out there. If the answer arcs come out and your pet theory is wrong, so what? Just cook something up, it's fun.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 05:13   Link #2033
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Honestly, I don't see a single person claiming that the events here are due to "Rokkenjima Syndrome" (some kind of variant of Hinamizawa Syndrome's parasite).

It's not like you've got anything to lose by throwing a crazy theory out there. If the answer arcs come out and your pet theory is wrong, so what? Just cook something up, it's fun.
Actually, it's the only fun for us, the observers, to have in this game :P.

Like Beatrice said, sometimes even the craziest theory can be pleasant (like Gohda juggling three stakes at the same time, lol).

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 07:27   Link #2034
Nih

I never said there's anything wrong with making theories! It's an excellent practice for the brain and if nobody noticed, I've been actively participating for a while now :P It's my own fault for posting that joke theory I guess, but it was not meant to ridicule the people who make them (although I did admittedly poke fun at all the "tiny food bombs" type ones). I was trying to show how most of the information we're given can be interpreted in several ways. Truth is what you make it to be.

Last edited by Nih; 2009-07-20 at 15:33.
Old 2009-06-29, 09:26   Link #2035
maximilianjenus
[E]

LEt's just make a bunch of theories and hope one of us gets it right.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 09:44   Link #2036
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
You didn't read Battler's entire theory. He said that the chapel's door was opened from the beginning, the adults went in and locked it from the inside, then they were killed by the trap. No key was needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrellord View Post
Exactly, though your order's probably just a hair off. The door was open, the adults went in, the door was probably closed but not locked. The adults were killed by the trap, and then the killer locked the door on his/her way out.
What kind of thing are you imagining?

-Other than Kinzo's study, no door with an auto-lock exists!
-As for locking the chapel, it's completly impossible with any key other than the chapel's

If you are imagining that a "mechanism x" or a "method x" exists to lock the door without a key. Why does it need to be necessarily inside the room?

In other words let's say that

Theory A = method to kill people without being inside the room
Theory B = method to close the door without using a key

Why do you need to invoke theory A, when theory B alone would explain everything?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 09:54   Link #2037
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

There is no red text deny that the door can't be locked from inside.

Don't mix my post and Squirrellord's post. They are different.

You said that Battler's theory didn't explain anything but I pointed out that it explained everything and it makes sense (if 34 didn't deny it in red)
Old 2009-06-29, 09:58   Link #2038
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

There is no red truth that state you can't lock the door from outside either.

And my point is that the minibomb theory or any "theory A" is unnecessary and by itself doesn't explain anything.
Theory A would be only necessary if it was stated that the only way to lock the door from outside is with a key

Old 2009-06-29, 10:02   Link #2039
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Then any theory is unnecessary and by itself it doesn't explain anything.
You should see the theory as a whole, not take out a random sentense then tell that it's useless.
Old 2009-06-29, 10:05   Link #2040
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Wrong. A "mechanism x" to close the door alone solves the problem. The rest for the principle of the probatio diabolica is not necessary.