AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-13, 15:11   Link #1161
blackwhite67
Banned

Im sorry for asking but when does volume 7 come out again?
Old 2012-09-13, 15:13   Link #1162
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

It's out already.
Old 2012-09-13, 17:47   Link #1163
blackwhite67
Banned

Thanks. Anyone know where I can download it? I cant find it on Jcafe
Old 2012-09-13, 21:02   Link #1164
DarkDooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
I don't really remember Morisaki showing up later. He didn't show up much after the tournament where he was gloriously caved in by the ceiling and hence out of commission for the remainder of the Monolith Code Competition (Tatsuya + 2 Weeds replace the team). People were like wtf, an technician and two guys who weren't even on the original tournament team?

There is a SS about Morisaki. It mostly explores his background where we learn that his family is into the security/bodyguard business. He himself became a bodyguard for an American girl as she was chased by Japanese authorities throughout the city. It was a so-so SS.
Oh my, that poor girl
Not only being chased by the japanese authorities but also being molested by a douchebag

Is there a summary about that SS?
And also, how many side stories does mahouka have? I think the only ones i know are the one about mayumi, this one about morisaki and then there was this beach side story, right? Are there any more?
Old 2012-09-13, 21:21   Link #1165
blackwhite67
Banned

Amazingly, this story makes Morisaki look good. I know. I couldn't believe it either, but supposedly the girl refused to retaliate against Japan claiming that there were honorable people there, yes Morisaki.

He is still a d-bag

BTW, could someone who's read vol 5 tell me who the freak in the mask was?
Old 2012-09-14, 05:41   Link #1166
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDooM View Post
Oh my, that poor girl
Not only being chased by the japanese authorities but also being molested by a douchebag

Is there a summary about that SS?
And also, how many side stories does mahouka have? I think the only ones i know are the one about mayumi, this one about morisaki and then there was this beach side story, right? Are there any more?
Yeah, I got through about a third of it (have a summary for that third as well, but it's uneventful) and then got tired of it because it's Morisaki and stopped reading it. Whoops. Someone give me Mayumi or Miyuki. I can't keep my interest in a story without them (since I pretty much blitzed through all the web arcs in one go).
Old 2012-09-14, 05:51   Link #1167
DarkDooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Thanks. Anyone know where I can download it? I cant find it on Jcafe
its out but hasnt been scanned yet

Quote:
Amazingly, this story makes Morisaki look good. I know. I couldn't believe it either, but supposedly the girl refused to retaliate against Japan claiming that there were honorable people there, yes Morisaki.
i didnt know the girl was mentally handicapped
Old 2012-09-14, 07:40   Link #1168
NeutralZero

Don't think the girl is mentally handicapped...
Its just that she didn't fully saw his entire personality...
In the same case the same thing can be said to his character...
He's a douche bag in terms of the Bloom ego, has a lot of pride and arrogance in it (as a bloom and member of his family/house) that makes him very^10 unlikable and in the same time honorable as portrait in that SS...
It's just that she didn't fully saw how much of an arrogant brat he is...
Old 2012-09-17, 09:18   Link #1169
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Anyone knows who is the artist of this?

Spoiler for img:
Old 2012-09-17, 09:49   Link #1170
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Geez, you people need to calm down with the Morisaki hate.

I'm not saying I didn't dislike his attitude, but in nearly every single manga where there is a theme of "someone looks down the MC due to status or power and is proven to be wrong" -- quite a few people immediately jump to hate and rage and name calling.

There are usually reasons behind their attitudes, and in most stories, once they learn the facts they change their mind and are generally not bad people themselves.
Old 2012-09-17, 19:16   Link #1171
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
Anyone knows who is the artist of this?

Spoiler for img:
According to pixiv, the artist goes by SBS? I think it's a random person. pixiv id = 946868

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ Geez, you people need to calm down with the Morisaki hate.

I'm not saying I didn't dislike his attitude, but in nearly every single manga where there is a theme of "someone looks down the MC due to status or power and is proven to be wrong" -- quite a few people immediately jump to hate and rage and name calling.

There are usually reasons behind their attitudes, and in most stories, once they learn the facts they change their mind and are generally not bad people themselves.
As for this, yes, there usually is a reason, but it was pretty clear his issue was a superiority complex. Someone who has a reason would not outright reject, and even attack, another person just because she was "inferior" (I refer to the issue with Mizuki when she points out they aren't that much different since they're both first years who have just started). There's quite a difference between confidence in one's ability and hubris. Because he attempted to attack the Course 2 students, I would have to think he's more of the latter.

There's also the issue that the author has not written too much about Morisaki. There is a short story devoted to him, but there's too big a gap between how he acts toward Tatsuya and how he acts towards that one girl (whose name I have forgotten). There needs to be more detail regarding the relationship between him and Tatsuya to properly resolve the Morisaki hate. All we have right now is that he avoids Tatsuya on Disciplinary Committee rounds.
Old 2012-09-17, 19:55   Link #1172
blackwhite67
Banned

Clearly the majority of us and all readers will continue to despise Morisaki. Anyone beginning to think that there are one too many characters in the story? I mean, anyone having trouble remembering a character"s name? If the author doesn't start slowing down and start focusing in on the remaining characters, we will never see more of Morisaki and, as EnigmaticAxiom said, we need more detail on their relationship.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2012-10-18 at 17:41.
Old 2012-09-17, 20:19   Link #1173
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Clearly the majority of us and all readers will continue to despise Morisaki. Anyone beginning to think that there are one too many characters in the story? I mean, anyone having trouble remembering a character"s name? If the author doesn't start slowing down and start focusing in on the remaining characters, we will never see more of Morisaki and, as EnigmaticAxiom said. we need more detail on their relationship.
It's MAN LOVE ACTION! Let's do a dance.
Old 2012-09-18, 01:58   Link #1174
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Clearly the majority of us and all readers will continue to despise Morisaki. Anyone beginning to think that there are one too many characters in the story? I mean, anyone having trouble remembering a character"s name?
I don't, but that might just be me ^^; The only problem with names I have is I'm reading the LNs in Chinese and half the time I need to think before I know who you guys are talking about in English
Old 2012-09-18, 02:04   Link #1175
Seitsuki
Onee!

Me! Me! I only properly learnt the name of those two lolis in Miyuki's class last week! I also know there's some ancient spiritualist guy, some girl with psychic 'calming' (?) abilities in the student council, some upperclassmen who were doing research on the generator thing, and on, but hell if I can remember their names..

Although of course, there's only one name which really matters anyway.
Old 2012-09-18, 03:21   Link #1176
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Chapter 10 has been translated, that was a fun read, cant wait for the next one.
Old 2012-09-18, 07:44   Link #1177
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I don't, but that might just be me ^^; The only problem with names I have is I'm reading the LNs in Chinese and half the time I need to think before I know who you guys are talking about in English
Are different the characters' names in Chinese?

Even in Japanese I forgot who is who. At least I recall the important ones, but sometimes I had to re-read to remember a specific character. It happened to me with Oda Nobuna. (i.e., Mutsuhide, Katsuie, Nagahide, etc.).
I guess it's a matter of time.

Also, manga and illustrations help so much with this

Last edited by Syokool; 2012-09-18 at 09:37.
Old 2012-09-18, 09:33   Link #1178
whsie

No, the names aren't different. The characters we use to for names are 90% + similar. So the problem isn't there. It's the phonetic pronunciation that's REALLY different. You can say Ichigou and I would have no clue that you're referring to the future successor of the One Family.
Old 2012-09-18, 09:40   Link #1179
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Ehehe

I'd like to know how do you pronounce "Miyuki" (深雪)or "Tatsuya" (達也), just out of curiosity.
Old 2012-09-18, 10:43   Link #1180
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
Ehehe

I'd like to know how do you pronounce "Miyuki" (深雪)or "Tatsuya" (達也), just out of curiosity.
Miyuki would be Shen Xue. Tatsuya would be Da Ye.

And that's how I read it. See? Exact same character. Totally different pronunciation.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings