AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-10-14, 10:35   Link #1801
Deltaray

Just noticed that why the hell did they shrink Alicia Rue's ears....

So probably that will mean same for Silica and later on Sinon.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 11:02   Link #1802
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
many thing really. pretty sure Excaliber is one of them, probably some flash back about SAO day. maybe anime original if they have spare time
Excaliber might take at most one and a half episode which most likely will continue to Mother's Rosario. And they won't have spare time since they're quite busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaray View Post

Yes, all Cait Sith probably will gettheir ear size shrinked abit. Although, for Sinon and Silica their ear size are actually quite normal in the LN.

Last edited by NoirX; 2012-10-14 at 16:43.
NoirX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 11:07   Link #1803
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
Excaliber might take at most one and a half episode which most likely will continue to Mother's Rosario. And they won't have spare time since they're quite busy.
It would be even more awesome if they could have animated SS too...
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 11:14   Link #1804
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:

I mean spare episode sorry

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 11:44   Link #1805
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
It would be even more awesome if they could have animated SS too...
The SS there is for GGO-Mother's Rosario arc is only the Excaliber that RRW and I mentioned above.

Quote:
I mean spare episode sorry
If they want, of course they can make an anime-only with the spare episode. But that's already covered on Drama CD, so it's unlikely to happen sadly.
Old 2012-10-14, 11:49   Link #1806
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
If they want, of course they can make an anime-only with the spare episode. But that's already covered on Drama CD, so it's unlikely to happen sadly.
what? why does drama CD had anything to do with anime original?

Old 2012-10-14, 11:51   Link #1807
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
what? why does drama CD had anything to do with anime original?
Drama CD is unofficially counted as an anime-original. Besides, since they already got the seiyu's for the next arcs doubt they'll have enough time to make an anime exclusive episode.
Old 2012-10-14, 11:54   Link #1808
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Drama CD is unofficially counted as an anime-original. Besides, since they already got the seiyu's for the next arcs doubt they'll have enough time to make an anime exclusive episode.
you act like we gonna to have season 2 next year

Old 2012-10-14, 11:59   Link #1809
Kamui04

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaray View Post

Might only happen to Sinon since she's a Cait Sith like Alicia. Lyfa is Slyph, and Slyph's ear size are roughly the same as the original.
May I point out he was talking about Silica and Sinon, not Lyfa. Silica was the beast tamer with a blue dragon in SAO and in ALO she converter into a Cait Sith.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 16:38   Link #1810
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
you act like we gonna to have season 2 next year
We'll see whether SAO will get a second season or not later on, but I'm quite sure we will get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
May I point out he was talking about Silica and Sinon, not Lyfa. Silica was the beast tamer with a blue dragon in SAO and in ALO she converter into a Cait Sith.
Ah, yeah thanks for pointing it out. Brains kinda derped again. Gonna rearranga the answer then.
Old 2012-10-14, 18:39   Link #1811
lightbringer
M9000

Sounds a bit optimistic IMHO. They can't really get started on Alicization (unless they base it off the web novel), and GGO by itself would only be enough for about 12 episodes.

Of course I'll celebrate if it happens; GGO is my favorite arc. If it proves popular enough, they could even go with a 4-part GGO OVA followed by 24+ episodes of Alicization. But let's get through ALO first before we start praying in earnest
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 18:48   Link #1812
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Sounds a bit optimistic IMHO. They can't really get started on Alicization (unless they base it off the web novel), and GGO by itself would only be enough for about 12 episodes.

Of course I'll celebrate if it happens; GGO is my favorite arc. If it proves popular enough, they could even go with a 4-part GGO OVA followed by 24+ episodes of Alicization. But let's get through ALO first before we start praying in earnest
Seriously, is 24 episodes enough for Alicization?... and can't we have 13 episodes for GGO, 1 or 2 movies for Mother's Rosario...?

Wait... I just realized something.

Mother's Rosario can be done before GGO?!
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 18:58   Link #1813
lightbringer
M9000

Six volumes split into 24 episodes would make 4 episodes per volume. Might be cutting it close but should be doable, barely. 50 would be better of course

I guess GGO + Rosario + Calibur + 2-3 episodes of anime filler could make up a 2-cour season if it came down to it. Rosario does not really have much of a connection to GGO (though I just checked and it happens a few weeks after GGO). It could be done in any order if it came down to it.

But we gotta get through ALO first. And LN getting fully adapted, isn't that more like the exception than the norm? The only LNs which I can think of which got the full treatment were ZnT and SnS. The vast majority just get a 1 or 2-cour season and are never heard from again.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 20:42   Link #1814
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
But we gotta get through ALO first. And LN getting fully adapted, isn't that more like the exception than the norm? The only LNs which I can think of which got the full treatment were ZnT and SnS. The vast majority just get a 1 or 2-cour season and are never heard from again.
When it comes to whether a LN series will be fully adapted in the anime, you can't compare SAO to other series like Shakugan no Shana and Zero no Tsukaima. These series are made by JC Staff and SAO is made by A-1 Pictures. Most of JC Staff anime adapted from LN (such as SnS, ZnT, Toradora, and most likely Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo as well) have their entire story adapted.

I think SAO is the first anime adapted from LN A-1 Pictures had produced. Although, the studio is also producing 2nd season of OreImo which will most likely cover the LN's ending. So I think it's possible that SAO will be fully adapted.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 22:41   Link #1815
Xacual

So far A-1 did volumes 1 and 2 in 11 episodes. Then when you add in Aria and Murder Case that put SAO arc for the anime up to 14 episodes. Which leaves 11 episodes for volumes 3 and 4. So about 5-6 episodes per volume, I could see GGO arc being done in 10-11 and Caliber side story taking 2-3 for a possible season 2.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 23:35   Link #1816
Divini
Senpai!

With 90% of chapter 1 adapted adapted in ep.15, that leaves 10 episodes to animate 8.1 chapters.

The pace is going to be soooo different from SAO, which used 14 episodes to animate the entire Aincrad arc, 4 character side stories, and 2 long side stories.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 02:44   Link #1817
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
So far A-1 did volumes 1 and 2 in 11 episodes. Then when you add in Aria and Murder Case that put SAO arc for the anime up to 14 episodes. Which leaves 11 episodes for volumes 3 and 4. So about 5-6 episodes per volume, I could see GGO arc being done in 10-11 and Caliber side story taking 2-3 for a possible season 2.
With the addition of Mother's Rosario it will be a definite possibility for a season 2 with 25 episodes.
Old 2012-10-15, 04:02   Link #1818
Xacual

Quote:
With the addition of Mother's Rosario it will be a definite possibility for a season 2 with 25 episodes.
Mother's Rosario is only one volume and it's not even a very long story to begin with unless you think they'll do a 16 or so episode season.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 04:07   Link #1819
Andrewthelord

with GGO + Mother Rosario + the sidestory in ALO in volume 8 they can make a wonderful season 2.

In Mother's Rosario they don't need to rush, and this story is fundamental even for Aliciazation arc...
Old 2012-10-15, 04:20   Link #1820
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Mother's Rosario is only one volume and it's not even a very long story to begin with unless you think they'll do a 16 or so episode season.
Let's see, Volume 1 when animated gets around 6 or 7 episodes, this could be said the same with Mother's Rosario which actually if you really compare it, Mother's Rosario is longer than Volume 1. Excaliber could be made into 2 or 3 episodes. Lastly the GGO arc can be made into a 12 episode. With that they're on 20ish episodes. If they decide to make the pace of season 2 slower then those 20ish episodes could made it into 25 episodes. Might sound a little pushing, but not entirely impossible since A-1 usually make a continuation season of the first season of an anime with a different pacing.