AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-09, 16:58   Link #901
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
Thinking about it, Rewrite being made into an anime would probably be really weird as far as anime go. Just imagining an anime with it's first half of the series being a comedy/slice of life/occult and then turning full-on into sci-fi/psychological/suspense/thriller later on... I don't think I've ever seen an anime genre shift like that .
I haven't played Rewrite, but Steins;Gate's anime is kinda like that. Mostly comedy/slice-of-life until shit hits the fan in the second half. Incidentally, S;G is animated by White Fox.
Old 2011-08-10, 00:44   Link #902
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
TW Edit: Umineko no Naku Koro ni ***861+***528=*1,389 (13) (Studio Deen)
Ugh, not that it means Rewrite would do bad, but kinda interesting anyway. Never seen the show, but Ryukishi won't guarantee you any sales I guess :P. (1400 sales dvd+blu-ray combined, people discussing sales in the thread say you need 3-5k to break even.)
Angel Beats! 11,802+22,308=34,110 (7) (P.A. Works)
Angel beats kicked ass though(with sales), Rewrite is more similar to this than Umineko. I would guess this is about what Rewrite would do if the animation was good.
Actually his work is very popular, it was everything to with how horrible the transfer from game to anime was. The anime made hardly any sense and the animation wasn't as good as it should have been. If Deen touched Rewrite i think I would throw up XD
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 01:27   Link #903
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
...it was everything to with how horrible the transfer from game to anime was. The anime made hardly any sense and the animation wasn't as good as it should have been. If Deen touched Rewrite i think I would throw up XD
My sentiments exactly, better to wait then to have a disaster. I'm not so sure how good Rewrite can be even if it was "done right" though, hehheh. The verdict is still out. I've seen a few people put it on hold/drop it already. The ending routes seem rather underwhelming, there is like no climax in this game. As you can see there aren't exactly a ton of people coming here to hype up the game saying how great the ending was. It's rather sad, I found it to be a love/hate case myself. There's no discussion going around here.

The VN is pretty confusing IMO, and hard to make sense of. I'd love to see a studio get the chance to make an anime about Rewrite that makes sense. Despite how it ended, I still want more...

Edit: Ah, lol. Btw, Rewrite has the same rating as Kud Wafter on Amazon.co.jp. 3.9/5.0... pretty much spot on with what I think it should be. It has a few brilliant moments that are bogged down by a lot of long and boring scenes, and the genres/plot/story don't mix like they should to be considering an amazing game. But there's enough amazing scenes that possibly make it a must read anyway...

Another interesting thing is it already has 2/3x more reviews than past Key games.

Last edited by Ceral; 2011-08-10 at 02:16.
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 02:00   Link #904
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Actually his work is very popular
His work is popular, but he's definitely lost momentum lately. Ookami Kakushi (game and anime) bombed. Umineko on PS3 bombed. Manga sales have spiraled downward, and to top it off, Ep. 8 kicked off a flurry of controversy.

Higurashi was a smash hit across multiple forms of media, but the popularity of later works hasn't held up as well. I don't think Ryuukishi's name alone can sell a product.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 14:11   Link #905
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
As you can see there aren't exactly a ton of people coming here to hype up the game saying how great the ending was. It's rather sad, I found it to be a love/hate case myself. There's no discussion going around here.
It's not in English, which makes a world of difference. If/when it gets a translation project you'll see more traffic.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 14:13   Link #906
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

In fact, you can say there is actually -much- more discussion about this VN than most recently that weren't translated.
I'm pretty sure 2ch threads were much more heated however.
Old 2011-08-10, 18:27   Link #907
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It's not in English, which makes a world of difference. If/when it gets a translation project you'll see more traffic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
In fact, you can say there is actually -much- more discussion about this VN than most recently that weren't translated.
I'm pretty sure 2ch threads were much more heated however.
I see some opinions but not much dissection of the plot, especially discussion of the plot as a whole. I remember the LB thread here had quite a bit of discussion about refrain and the entire plot, maybe more of it, looking back on the threads(I wasn't there in real time like I am here now. I'm not gonna go back and look at the dates and count the posts :P) I feel that the community here was more enthusiastic about LB after completing it. LB TL project isn't completed either, so I don't see why that would affect end-game discussion(Especially in the couple months after the game is out). I haven't seen any posts on the plot here for a week. But the reviews on amazon have really piled on since then. I know there are some English primary speakers out there. Is there a better place to discuss Rewrite in English than here? Because unfortunately I still think in English, I'm working on that though...

Yea, I've been lurking on 2ch. I will probably try to mix it up there. It's just going to be tough trying to talk about THIS plot since it has so many Sci-Fi and psychological themes in Japanese. I already have a tough time talking about moe, I guess. I type in Japanese to my friends and they understand, but it doesn't look like the Japanese I read from other people/forums hehheh. Meh, I don't even think people understand my English. But who cares about that! Can we talk about Rewrite? I mean the actual game Rewrite?
Old 2011-08-11, 00:26   Link #908
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
His work is popular, but he's definitely lost momentum lately. Ookami Kakushi (game and anime) bombed. Umineko on PS3 bombed. Manga sales have spiraled downward, and to top it off, Ep. 8 kicked off a flurry of controversy.

Higurashi was a smash hit across multiple forms of media, but the popularity of later works hasn't held up as well. I don't think Ryuukishi's name alone can sell a product.
OT: lol Ookami Kakushi... I didn't think the PS3 Umineko bombed as you say it wasn't as excepted for sales as they wanted. I prefer the PS3 version highly, I enjoy the art and hearing the voices. It is all around a MUCH better experience IMO

Quote:
Edit: Ah, lol. Btw, Rewrite has the same rating as Kud Wafter on Amazon.co.jp. 3.9/5.0... pretty much spot on with what I think it should be. It has a few brilliant moments that are bogged down by a lot of long and boring scenes, and the genres/plot/story don't mix like they should to be considering an amazing game. But there's enough amazing scenes that possibly make it a must read anyway...
On erogescape there is a better average and better amount of reviews to do a tally of opinions.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 06:42   Link #909
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Not much discussion of plot here, I thought it was very complicated and left a lot open to interpretation. Anyone able to give a good summary of how the different events occur?

My interpretation:
Spoiler for All of Rewrite:
Finally, finally! I can write. Somehow my computer doesn't seem to like these forums, and almost always when I come back I'm locked out. I can access the animesuki main site though, so it must be a bug somewhere down the line.

There are so many things to address, and I don't have the time to type it all at the moment. I will thus address this one thing to get my theory across before I get locked out again.

Spoiler for Moon>Terra:

I might edit or add along if and when I can make it. Here's hoping I won't be locked out for almost a week again

Edit: For your gear questions
Spoiler for Gear:

Also, as to the game's reception, yes it varies a lot. There are many who think it's too abrupt a change in genre, some who think the overall flow is fine, and some who think it's awesome how they managed to get a "deep" (I use this term cautiously) Key game.

Personally, Rewrite's end irritated me, since, as I've stated quite a few pages back,
Spoiler for Rewrite:

No point at all.

Last edited by Balzac; 2011-08-11 at 07:20.
Balzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 06:52   Link #910
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Hello there, Ceral. I’ll try to answers your doubts to the best of my abilities.

Spoiler for Plot Spoilers:
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 07:15   Link #911
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Before I bid adieu to this forum for possibly another week of "cannot connect", I would just like to address Ceral on the review section.

Unless they filter out the bad reviews, most of the reviews in Key's section are actually good. "Poignant" "Taught me to live differently" "Where's my animation" "Lucia is love" "Brilliantly executed finale" "Please make an Akane spinoff (I am not kidding)" "Finally a better step in a different direction than Little Busters!" are some of the few I can recall off the top of my head.

Frankly, I was looking for the "HOW COULD U DO DIS TO <insert favorite heroine> BY TERRA END HUH?" Would've been my review if I had software to type in Japanese characters. (Please refrain from using replies to recommend some software if they did exist, I do not plan on reviewing or ever writing like thus)
Old 2011-08-11, 07:57   Link #912
thorium95

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightl View Post
one is out already tested and it work

well, plz pm me with the link too, thanks
thorium95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 21:02   Link #913
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Good posts, some questions were answered but I still have some more left. Short on time so I'll re-read your posts and make more comments later for sure.
This post is sort of directed at both of you, although it might seem aimed at one person at any one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
Hello there, Ceral. I’ll try to answers your doubts to the best of my abilities.

Spoiler for Plot Spoilers:
Good posts,
The gear:
Spoiler for The gear:

Spoiler for Discussion of all the routes:

Last edited by Ceral; 2011-08-12 at 05:07.
Old 2011-08-12, 05:18   Link #914
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Spoiler for Random thoughts in response:

As to your gear concerns, remember that in that part of Chihaya route

Spoiler:

Hopefully I can enter this forum still
Old 2011-08-12, 09:07   Link #915
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Spoiler for Rewrite's Theme:

Spoiler for Moon:

Spoiler for Other Stuff:
Old 2011-08-12, 19:37   Link #916
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Well answered, though there is one other reason, and it's shown in the Kotori climax.

Here're some questions for people who've finished the game to munch on. Hopefully, this'll be something for all people who've finished the game to ponder on their own time.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-08-12, 23:43   Link #917
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Spoiler for Rewrite:
Old 2011-08-12, 23:47   Link #918
etalocohc84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Rewrite Plot:

Quote:
Spoiler for Rewrite:
Spoiler for Rewrite Plot:

Last edited by etalocohc84; 2011-08-13 at 01:18.
etalocohc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 02:22   Link #919
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Spoiler for Rewrite:
Spoiler for Rewrite:

Back to the animating possibility. The reason why I stated earlier that it would be "easier" than Little Busters! is that Rewrite's heroine routes
Spoiler for heroine routes:

Soundtrack has probably been released. The wait is killing me I want to loop Journey at work so bad.

Last edited by Balzac; 2011-08-13 at 02:35.
Balzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 22:53   Link #920
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Spoiler for Rewrite's Theme:

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Last edited by johnishida; 2011-08-15 at 06:46.

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel