AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-02, 12:03   Link #81
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
The Battle Waitress costume does come off as a bit weak, but I don't think it's because of the corset. Mainly because it seems to be trying to hard to be fetishy. I thought the Soba restaurant outfit looked better.
Well, if the Battle Waitress costume fit her properly and wasn't a size or two smaller...

Haruhi and her 'old man' instincts...
Old 2009-09-02, 14:27   Link #82
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
What are you talking about? Mikuru looks adorable as a play boy bunny. Oddly, I also don't see allot of appeal in the maid outfit.
Well, they do say different strokes for different folks. I just think the bunny outfit works better for someone more...alluring, rather than just cute. I said the maid costume suits her because of her sweet and caring personality.

Oh, and I agree that the cultural festival outfit looked great on Mikuru, too. Someone pointed that out earlier.
Old 2009-09-02, 14:33   Link #83
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post
Well, since no one's said enough about Mikuru, I guess I'll give it a go.

The main reason why I find Mikuru the least attractive alluded me for a while. I knew it wasn't because of her personality. I loved Shinobu from Love Hina, and her personality was very similar. After some thought, I finally figured out why I don't like her that much.

Three reasons. Her voice is too high pitched, her boobs are too big, and her hairs is too long or not long enough. I know it makes me a shallow bas%$#@, but it's the truth.

Her voice was already discussed, so I'll talk about the boobs. Strangely, I'm one of those people who doesn't like big boobs. I don't think big boobs go well with her personality, either. I'd hate to think that Haruhi's judgement was off when she picked Mikuru as her mascot, but I never thought she was anything special, and her boobs look weird on her small frame.

As for her hair, I just thinks it's boring. I've already mentioned that I love shoulder length hair (Like Haruhi's *drool*) and Tsuruya's hair is so long it adds to her personality. I even like Yuki's hair more than Mikuru's as it's so short it adds personality.

Anyway, I was curious as to why other might love her or not like her all that much. Do any of you guys agree with me?
Blasphemy! Though anime breasts, like everything in else in anime, tend to defy physics and tend towards being too big (or not at all). Which can be annoying.

Mikuru's probably my least favorite character just because I'm not really into moe characters. I prefer the cooler and calm characters (male and female) but that's just because excessive whining just grates on me.

Big Mikuru is another story...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-09-02, 15:35   Link #84
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Well, if the Battle Waitress costume fit her properly and wasn't a size or two smaller...

Haruhi and her 'old man' instincts...
...I have no problem with it being a few sizes to small.

I just don't really fancy the design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post
Well, they do say different strokes for different folks. I just think the bunny outfit works better for someone more...alluring, rather than just cute. I said the maid costume suits her because of her sweet and caring personality.
I think the bunny suit works good for both. Of course I do have a preference for those kinds of outfits.

I guess the whole "Meido serving you" aspect just doesn't appeal to me.
Old 2009-09-13, 13:59   Link #85
stubby42

Can we talk about episode 14? that was some major stuff going on there that should really make us question Mikuru's motivations. Koizumi says mikuru is flirting with kyon so kyon will do what her organisation desires.

and of course theirs Mikuru's not so private chat with kyon which suggests she less fond of Koizumi than she lets on.
Old 2009-09-13, 14:03   Link #86
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
The thing is, Koizumi admitted he was just making that up. While his explanation would make sense, I'm pretty sure there's significant evidence, even within the material presented in the anime, that proves she's exactly how she seems.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-09-13, 14:18   Link #87
stubby42

Whilst I'm not sure thats exactly the truth (I dont think Mikuru is that good of an actress) I think other people are using her in a way to create that situtation.

Koizumi only ever calls his statments a joke when he realises that he's pushed Kyon to his limit, its his way of calming kyon down even if he has said what he was thinking.

The same thing happened in endless 8, he was considering dating haruhi as an option and was testing the water, if Kyon reacted badly (which he did) then dating Haruhi wouldnt work it would cause more damage than good because of the way Kyon would react.

Koizumi either thinks what he described is happening, he knows Mikuru isnt the one in charge or he wants Kyon to think it.

The truth is Kyon cant trust any of the people he's surrounded by completely because their all hiding things, Mikuru isnt just a moe character there is more to her.
Old 2009-09-13, 14:50   Link #88
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

So you're saying he also believes the "clowns at the edge of an abyss" thing from Melancholy? He did the same thing there, you know.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-09-13, 15:09   Link #89
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post
Whilst I'm not sure thats exactly the truth (I dont think Mikuru is that good of an actress) I think other people are using her in a way to create that situtation.

Koizumi only ever calls his statments a joke when he realises that he's pushed Kyon to his limit, its his way of calming kyon down even if he has said what he was thinking.

The same thing happened in endless 8, he was considering dating haruhi as an option and was testing the water, if Kyon reacted badly (which he did) then dating Haruhi wouldnt work it would cause more damage than good because of the way Kyon would react.

Koizumi either thinks what he described is happening, he knows Mikuru isnt the one in charge or he wants Kyon to think it.

The truth is Kyon cant trust any of the people he's surrounded by completely because their all hiding things, Mikuru isnt just a moe character there is more to her.
What Koizumi saysmake sense, actually. Even if Mikuru is not acting, is possible that her bosses have choice her to taht purpose. Taht would explain why someone so unskiled is doing in a important mission the past.
Old 2009-09-13, 15:57   Link #90
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post

Just two things here.

In terms of Koizumi testing Kyon, I think it's pretty obvious that some of the things he says as a "Joke" are really what he thinks or believes. It adds greatly to his character because you can never tell if he is being serious or not.

And on to point two.

I think by now Koizumi knows him and Haruhi will never happen as long as Kyon is around which i think is a BAD thing.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-13, 16:04   Link #91
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
Just two things here.

In terms of Koizumi testing Kyon, I think it's pretty obvious that some of the things he says as a "Joke" are really what he thinks or believes. It adds greatly to his character because you can never tell if he is being serious or not.
I actually kind of relate to Koizumi here. If I want to say something controversial, but that I feel is important, to somebody, I'll sometimes say it in a half-way joking tone. This enables me an out of "Well... I was only joking", in case the controversial statement that I make offends the person.

So, I actually tip my hat to suave Itsuki here; well played, sir!

As for your spoileriffic speculations... they could be right.
Old 2009-09-13, 16:09   Link #92
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I actually kind of relate to Koizumi here. If I want to say something controversial, but that I feel is important, to somebody, I'll sometimes say it in a half-way joking tone. This enables me an out of "Well... I was only joking", in case the controversial statement that I make offends the person.
Yea it's sort of a "Incase of looking like an idiot or freak press now" button :P. I can relate to that myself.

Quote:
As for your spoileriffic speculations... they could be right.
Spoiler:

Bit of an overreaction but whatever lol.
Old 2009-09-13, 16:10   Link #93
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Why are we talking about shipping pairs that aren't even related to Mikuru?
Old 2009-09-13, 16:15   Link #94
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Yea it's sort of a "Incase of looking like an idiot or freak press now" button :P. I can relate to that myself.

Spoiler:

Bit of an overreaction but whatever lol.
Don't worry. I really can't see it ending that way. Of all the possible pairings, that one has the least amount of canon content to back it up. Even Nagato/Mikuru has Nagato's obvious delight in biting at her neck, he he!

Edit: There you go, Kogetsu. Now here's a Mikuru pairing we can talk about if you like... Ha ha!
Old 2009-09-13, 16:18   Link #95
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Because Mikuru was designed to be delicious.

It is unclear however if she was sent back to appeal to Kyon, or to appeal to Haruhi...since it was Haruhi who kidnapped Mikuru to start the chain of events, and it is Haruhi who seems to be having the most fun playing with Mikuru's body.
Old 2009-09-13, 16:19   Link #96
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Why are we talking about shipping pairs that aren't even related to Mikuru?
Haha sorry mate got sidetracked.

Just couldn't let that point go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Don't worry. I really can't see it ending that way. Of all the possible pairings, that one has the least amount of canon content to back it up. Even Nagato/Mikuru has Nagato's obvious delight in biting at her neck, he he!

Edit: There you go, Kogetsu. Now here's a Mikuru pairing we can talk about if you like... Ha ha!
I really really really hope so.

I wouldn't mind anything but that pairing. Hell

Spoiler:

Mikuru and Yuki ftw :3
Old 2009-09-13, 16:19   Link #97
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Neither Nagato nor Mikuru can help the fact that the latter is tragically delicious.

*e*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
it is Haruhi who seems to be having the most fun playing with Mikuru's body.
I guarantee that Kyon would be right there with Haruhi if he thought he could get away with it.
Old 2009-09-13, 16:23   Link #98
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

Send a message via AIM to worldruined
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

And... related to the thread:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-13, 16:26   Link #99
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Because Mikuru was designed to be delicious.

It is unclear however if she was sent back to appeal to Kyon, or to appeal to Haruhi...since it was Haruhi who kidnapped Mikuru to start the chain of events, and it is Haruhi who seems to be having the most fun playing with Mikuru's body.
It could be,

I doubt they would send someone THAT perfect (In Kyon's mind) back just by chance.

I think Haruhi likes playing with Mikuru to sabotage her image in front of Kyon and get attention. Not because she actually sexually likes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldruined View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-13, 16:31   Link #100
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
I think Haruhi likes playing with Mikuru to sabotage her image in front of Kyon and get attention. Not because she actually sexually likes it.
... This argument kinda fails due to the fact that the worst instance of it happens before Haruhi realizes Kyon was focusing his attention on Mikuru.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters