AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-09-13, 00:27   Link #1041
ImmortalFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It was really pathetic how a lot of people made crackpot theories as to how Rolo wasn't her killer.

Which made it such a brutal slap to their faces when at the start of the next episode, Rolo was like "Oh yeah, nii-san, I was the one who shot your girlfriend."
I think it was quite obvious. I dont see how people could have said otherwise. His reaction to what she said, his geass powering up and the whole mask dropping thing gave it away.
ImmortalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 00:30   Link #1042
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
It was really pathetic how a lot of people made crackpot theories as to how Rolo wasn't her killer.

Which made it such a brutal slap to their faces when at the start of the next episode, Rolo was like "Oh yeah, nii-san, I was the one who shot your girlfriend."
Isn't it kinda obvious..?

Like, Rolo was the last person who Shirley met before she became a bloody mess, so it was pretty obvious she did it.

Orenji-kun suddenly..(And damn unexpectedly) switched sides, so that rules him out.

Leaving Rolo and...random people.

I go for Rolo.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 00:32   Link #1043
ImmortalFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post

Like, Rolo was the last person who Shirley met before she became a bloody mess, so it was pretty obvious she did it.

Orenji-kun suddenly..(And damn unexpectedly) switched sides, so that rules him out.

I go for Rolo.
Wasnt the mall empty? So it couldnt have been random people. Definately Rolo.
Old 2009-09-13, 00:33   Link #1044
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:

I go for Rolo.
The leading theory was that Rolo saw Suzaku come up behind them, and try to kill Shirley because she's essentially revealing she has all her memory back and she knows that Lelouch is Zero. And that Rolo attempts to stop Suzaku by freezing time, but somehow Suzaku's "live on" Geass command forces him to fire off a fatal shot on Shirley.

Epileptic trees abound, really.

What's really sad is that Rolo's voice actor revealed in an interview that he's actually a really big fan of Shirley, and that he absolutely hated having to play the role of her murderer.
Old 2009-09-13, 00:46   Link #1045
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
The leading theory was that Rolo saw Suzaku come up behind them, and try to kill Shirley because she's essentially revealing she has all her memory back and she knows that Lelouch is Zero. And that Rolo attempts to stop Suzaku by freezing time, but somehow Suzaku's "live on" Geass command forces him to fire off a fatal shot on Shirley.

Epileptic trees abound, really.

What's really sad is that Rolo's voice actor revealed in an interview that he's actually a really big fan of Shirley, and that he absolutely hated having to play the role of her murderer.
What in the name of...

That makes absolutely no sense...

Why would Suzaku fire at Shirley? Shouldn't he fire at like..Rolo?

Lol, that must suck.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 00:48   Link #1046
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
What in the name of...

That makes absolutely no sense...

Why would Suzaku fire at Shirley? Shouldn't he fire at like..Rolo?

Lol, that must suck.
Yeah, the episode 13 thread was a really... fun... place to be after the episode aired. The amount of headdesking must've cracked desks everywhere.
Old 2009-09-13, 01:15   Link #1047
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:

Ha ha, well I must admit that during the week between Turn 13 and Turn 14 I too was among these skeptics I mean, it looked pretty obvious that Rolo was Shirley's murderer, but I remained skeptical because we didn't actually see him do it. Not that it would matter anyway, she was dead and that's all that matters.

I had actually been spoiled about her death before the episode aired and I was hoping beyond hope that maybe it wasn't a certain death. Maybe it had only seemed as if she died, but when I saw her basting in her own blood on the mall floor, well...that pretty much clinched it. Can't get much deader than that.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 01:23   Link #1048
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Ha ha, well I must admit that during the week between Turn 13 and Turn 14 I too was among these skeptics I mean, it looked pretty obvious that Rolo was Shirley's murderer, but I remained skeptical because we didn't actually see him do it. Not that it would matter anyway, she was dead and that's all that matters.

I had actually been spoiled about her death before the episode aired and I was hoping beyond hope that maybe it wasn't a certain death. Maybe it had only seemed as if she died, but when I saw her basting in her own blood on the mall floor, well...that pretty much clinched it. Can't get much deader than that.
Yeah, I was spoiled about Shirley's death as well. "Shirley, whose life was touched by Geass, died by Geass."

I was really pissed about that episode. Luckily Zero no Tsukaima's third season started that same week and was useful in cheering me up.
Old 2009-09-13, 06:57   Link #1049
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Well, we have already discussed how Shirley's legs are probably quite powerful, what with her being on the swim team and all. So it's quite possible.
The thing is, Chuck voices Mr. Dictator, while Villetta is Rose.
Old 2009-09-13, 17:19   Link #1050
Sol Falling

...I'm kinda interested in hearing Chun li now. I don't really follow seiyuu's, so I never thought about it before, but a lot of Fumiko Orikasa's roles according to wikipedia that I recognize (although this constitutes less than 15% of the names there) don't strike me as 'Shirley' at all. I.e. Rukia from Bleach, Ruki from Digimon Tamers, Hawkeye from (redone) FMA. Chun Li seems like a bit of a stretch too, but if it actually sounds like Shirley throwing out a million kicks and kicking ass, that'd be a thing to hear. I guess I might look up some SFIV vids on youtube or something now.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 20:03   Link #1051
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, Orikasa's "tough lady" characters aren't that tough, especially if the characters have been voiced by another lady before. For Hawkeye, most will agree that Neya Michiko's Riza was deeper and a little "tougher". As for Chun Li.... play through her arcade mode.

Spoiler for CL's ending:

Even Rukia and Ruki had their deredere moments, once the initial mask drops off. Don't forget, she also did distressed damsel Meyrin Hawke in GSD, and Chise in Saikano.
Old 2009-09-13, 22:29   Link #1052
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
I was disappointed that she died in the middle of all this, causing my blood to boil against that gay Rolo. If I remembered correctly, Lulu said something about her being his first love right? Than, after he mourned for Shirley and makes a happy face to Rolo didn't sound convincing to me, at least if he did wiped his tears and Rolo wasn't entirely nearby after he BAAAWWed.
Old 2009-09-13, 22:30   Link #1053
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Lelouch stated that Euphemia was his first love.
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 22:31   Link #1054
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
I was disappointed that she died in the middle of all this, causing my blood to boil against that gay Rolo. If I remembered correctly, Lulu said something about her being his first love right? Than, after he mourned for Shirley and makes a happy face to Rolo didn't sound convincing to me, at least if he did wiped his tears and Rolo wasn't entirely nearby after he BAAAWWed.
No, Euphy was his first love, according to Lelouch. But you might be thinking of what Lelouch was saying to Shirley before he Geass'd her memory of him away, that in another life, let them be lovers.
Old 2009-09-13, 22:57   Link #1055
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
I was disappointed that she died in the middle of all this causing my blood to boil against that gay Rolo.
Join the club. We've got jackets

Quote:
If I remembered correctly, Lulu said something about her being his first love right?
As Tr3adst0ne and RD said, Euphie was the only one that Lelouch admitted to possibly being his first love. The closest thing we got to a confession of love was Stage 14. Of course there was also the incident in Turn 12 where he did say that he liked her, although it was probably a lie (of course when Shirley called him out on it he still tried to convince her that he did.)

Quote:
Than, after he mourned for Shirley and makes a happy face to Rolo didn't sound convincing to me, at least if he did wiped his tears and Rolo wasn't entirely nearby after he BAAAWWed.
What do you mean exactly? You mean it wasn't convincing or realistic that Lelouch could pull himself together so quick after bawling his eyes out from Shirley's death? Well, that I could agree with, except we don't know exactly how much time passed between Shirley's death and when Rolo entered the room. And we all know that Lelouch is quite the master of deception and lies.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 23:20   Link #1056
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
What do you mean exactly? You mean it wasn't convincing or realistic that Lelouch could pull himself together so quick after bawling his eyes out from Shirley's death? Well, that I could agree with, except we don't know exactly how much time passed between Shirley's death and when Rolo entered the room. And we all know that Lelouch is quite the master of deception and lies.
I'm considering that Rolo was nearby but that Lulu scream should echoed in the building and if not much time had passed since he cried, Rolo would've noticed right away that something was up. Lulu never ceases to amaze me on how easily he has deceived so many, but that moment would've sounded anyone's bullshit alarm.
Old 2009-09-13, 23:22   Link #1057
ImmortalFire

We cant really know exactly what he heard or how far away he was or how much time passed. Though it seemed Lelouch had already stopped crying for a bit before Rolo showed up.
Old 2009-09-13, 23:23   Link #1058
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
I'm considering that Rolo was nearby but that Lulu scream should echoed in the building and if not much time had passed since he cried, Rolo would've noticed right away that something was up. Lulu never ceases to amaze me on how easily he has deceived so many, but that moment would've sounded anyone's bullshit alarm.
It was a matter of situational convenience. Since Rolo was his new 'ally' who joined the ranks prior to Shirley's death he couldn't kill him yet.
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 23:28   Link #1059
Sol Falling

Haha, the thing is though, that Rolo was a delusional little prick so even if his bullshit alarm sounded he would have just ignored it anyway. Even if Rolo had just heard Lelouch screaming in despair over Shirley's death, from his perspective there's no way Lelouch could ever disapprove of or not love him, right? (*rolls eyes*) so of course Lelouch's smile was real.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 23:34   Link #1060
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Looking at this latest anti-Rolo barrage, I'm wondering how I can weave some Street Fighter skills into the 3 CG characters who have voices in SF4. Chuck having psycho powers is a nice touch, while Villetta with Rose's powers is plausible. But, Shirley and kicks.....

May need more work. Still, Shirley doing a Hosenka on Rolo is pretty awesome, me think.