AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-08, 23:54   Link #21
FlyMoto

Manga spoiler... (nothing major, but a spoiler none-the-less, its in response to Dark`'s post)
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-12, 19:02   Link #22
lemondude
"super lemon"

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-16, 10:14   Link #23
soulfly

When Byakuya went to the world with Renji (during Rukia's capture)... he didn't wore the captain's robe didn't he?
Old 2006-01-16, 10:47   Link #24
rukia82

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfly
When Byakuya went to the world with Renji (during Rukia's capture)... he didn't wore the captain's robe didn't he?
No he didn't
Old 2006-01-22, 12:29   Link #25
Ichimaru

The only ppl that will get promoted to a vacant position is sumone who has achieve bankai, so there is only 2 currently but they...........so that leaves tousens captains vacancy, so who gets the nod here??
Old 2006-02-08, 04:50   Link #26
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Finally, the first division vice-captain has a name!

Expect this section to get a major rehaul once I get my hands on the official character guide book.
Old 2006-02-08, 07:40   Link #27
Oberon

Now that all the names are finally available, I took the liberty to update this pic (that someone else made long ago) with the missing names and correct some mistakes.

BTW Before someone tries to correct me, I got the name of the 1st division vice-captain from this pic:

Old 2006-02-08, 09:05   Link #28
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
This is up for some debate because the kanji that spell her name are read as "Soi Fong" if you use the Chinese reading. For a long time it was believed that the Chinese reading is correct. It is only recently that her name was spoken in the anime, so people are still getting used the idea that the original reading of her name might be wrong.
Soi Fong full name is Fong Shaolin ,Soi Fong was born as Fong Shaolin into the Fong house, one of the lower noble houses that was affiliated with the Shihouin noble house.
Old 2006-02-08, 10:02   Link #29
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
Now that all the names are finally available, I took the liberty to update this pic (that someone else made long ago) with the missing names and correct some mistakes.

BTW Before someone tries to correct me, I got the name of the 1st division vice-captain from this pic:

Wow, that's a nice illustration. Mind if I take and edit your pic so I can put them alongside the names in my list please?

A cookie for you for the pic in advance.
Old 2006-02-08, 11:14   Link #30
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Wow, that's a nice illustration. Mind if I take and edit your pic so I can put them alongside the names in my list please?

A cookie for you for the pic in advance.
Sure, go right ahead. The original version wasn't made by me to begin with, so feel free to use it any way that pleases you.

BTW I was tempted to change Kenpachi's title from captain to badass, but thought better of it.
Old 2006-02-08, 11:26   Link #31
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru
The only ppl that will get promoted to a vacant position is sumone who has achieve bankai, so there is only 2 currently but they...........so that leaves tousens captains vacancy, so who gets the nod here??
Donno about that.
Old 2006-02-08, 14:22   Link #32
defrule

Is it true that captains with the sleeves are considered senior to the ones without the sleeve?
Old 2006-02-08, 15:04   Link #33
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

I don't think it's true (Isn't Tousen a newish captain?) but it's a good theory, nonetheless.
Old 2006-02-09, 11:22   Link #34
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule
Is it true that captains with the sleeves are considered senior to the ones without the sleeve?

After Yamaji the oldest Taichous are Ukitake and Kyouraka , closely followed By Unohana san .Yes the sleeve theory maybe true coz the 3 Taichous mentioned above have long sleeves
Old 2006-02-09, 11:36   Link #35
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

wow, didnt know that, (about the slevees)......i have learned something new today......
Old 2006-02-09, 12:51   Link #36
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

The funny thing is theres also a possibility Yachiru might have a Bankai but the 11th squad are all wierdo's fiercely loyal to Zaraki.

I mean 11th squad is a place where a low seated officer is more powerful than a vice captain from another squad and a 3rd seat has a Bankai and equal to the power of a Captain but prefers being beaten to a pulp before using it because hes so loyal to a no Bankai captain.

So theres nothing to say that Yachiru might also have a Bankai but refuses to use it being so fiercely loyal to Zaraki.

What am I getting at?

I bet they're gonna pull something out that one of the other squads had some guys who knew Bankai but refused to use them or didn't bother trying to achieve it. >_>

11th Squad had a unknown Bankai user probably because of their unique social ring where being fiercely loyal meant they'd get stronger, Renji achieved Bankai but his personality was the kind that'd let him do it, always trying to become as strong as Byakuya. While all the other VC's are so laid back or fiercely loyal to their captains they wouldn't dream of it.

For now I'm pretty sure Hinamori, Kira and Tousen's VC will replace them as captains for their squads if we go by conventional shounen rules and now they have a reason to go training.

Quote:
After Yamaji the oldest Taichous are Ukitake and Kyouraka , closely followed By Unohana san .Yes the sleeve theory maybe true coz the 3 Taichous mentioned above have long sleeves
You forgot Aizen.....it was mentioned Aizen recruited most of the Gotei 13 Captains himself and hes spent who knows how long training. Hes probably been around same time as Urahara or Unohana.
Old 2006-02-09, 13:19   Link #37
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

But there are probably captains older than Tousen who don't have sleeves, but he does. And doesn't Mayuri have sleeves?
Old 2009-01-28, 17:39   Link #38
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Lower Noble Houses

* Fon Family: traditionally serves the Shihoin family by joining the Special Forces. Any member who doesn't pass the test to get into the special forces is immediately exiled from the family. The only known member of the house is Soifon, current Captain of the 2nd Division.

* Kyoraku Family: an old, prestigious and high-ranking noble family. The only known member of the house is Shunsui Kyoraku, current Captain of the 8th Division.

* Ukitake Family: a low-class aristocratic family. The only known member of the house is Jushiro Ukitake, current Captain of the 13th Division.

* Omaeda Family: a aristocratic, rich family. The only known member of the house is Marechiyo Omaeda, current lieutenant of the 2nd Division.

* Kira Family: a lesser noble family. The only known member of the house is Izuru Kira, current lieutenant of the 3rd Division.
Old 2009-01-29, 03:49   Link #39
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule View Post
Highly highly doubt it. Captains are allowed to customise their clothing.

@Geta: Kira is noble? And Omaeda has a sister aswell.

And the four noble houses are... Kuchiki, Shihouin and two other unknowns. Before it's fall, Shiba was a member of the Soul Society's Five Noble Houses.
Old 2009-01-29, 05:32   Link #40
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
What am I getting at?
If Yachiru becomes captain her haori will be as huge as my thumb...not that she would become one, she's always stuck on Kenpachi's back.
About the vacant positions:Kira and Shuuhei are currently subs for the empty captain positions.These positions will remain vacant until a lieutenant achieves bankai and gets a recommendation from at least 3 captains.
Closed Thread