AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-02-12, 08:25   Link #1
Triga
Polar bear tamer

Exclamation Requesting japanese translator for a school speech

Tomorrow there's an event called "Wanhojen Tanssit" (Roughly translates to "Dances of the ol' ones" or something :P) in our school (and all around Finland) and I just thought, wouldn't it be cool if we had the speech which is performed in multiple languages also in japanese? So, I would need someone with knowledge of japanese, anyone interested in helping me? Thanks in advance.

-Triga

Ps. I'll be checking this thread later today if there's any replies. I don't have the text that I'd like to be translated but I'll get it if any volunteers show up. It's not very long (less than 10 sentences I guess).

Pps. Couldn't come up with any better subject.
Triga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 10:27   Link #2
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Depends how hard the sentences are. I can try, but I'm not really all that talented.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 14:45   Link #3
Triga
Polar bear tamer

Re: translator

Thanks I'll contact you tomorrow or day after that since now it's perhaps too late for this year's speech but perhaps I could ask if I they let me to read it next year! Splendid!

Ps. Job's still semi-open, that is if those sentences are hard to translate for raikage-san.
Old 2004-02-14, 22:22   Link #4
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triga
Tomorrow there's an event called "Wanhojen Tanssit" (Roughly translates to "Dances of the ol' ones" or something :P) in our school (and all around Finland) and I just thought, wouldn't it be cool if we had the speech which is performed in multiple languages also in japanese? So, I would need someone with knowledge of japanese, anyone interested in helping me? Thanks in advance.

-Triga

Ps. I'll be checking this thread later today if there's any replies. I don't have the text that I'd like to be translated but I'll get it if any volunteers show up. It's not very long (less than 10 sentences I guess).

Pps. Couldn't come up with any better subject.
altavista's translator at http://babel.altavista.com might help to a certain extent.
Lanimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 05:47   Link #5
Tritium
doaho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanimoo
altavista's translator at http://babel.altavista.com might help to a certain extent.
babel doesn't help anything lol, i tried something in my language and translated it to english and then back to my language again. I started with something like this "i like to eat fish" and i ended with this "my fish loves to eat horses"
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 08:24   Link #6
Triga
Polar bear tamer

Post Re: request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium
babel doesn't help anything lol, i tried something in my language and translated it to english and then back to my language again. I started with something like this "i like to eat fish" and i ended with this "my fish loves to eat horses"
Haha . I wouldn't count on babelfish either.
Anyways, I got the speech right here in front of me so I'll jot it down here:

"Dear guests, headteacher, teachers, relatives and friends. Today is a great day. Now that the last year students have left our school, it is time for us to take over. With honour, we follow in the footsteps of the previous generations. We promise to enjoy this priviledge and also be worth it. Thank you for coming to see our performance as the old. We hope you will enjoy. Thank you."

No, I haven't written that by myself.

Ps. Here's the first sentence translated with babelfish: 親愛なるゲスト、ヘッド教師、教師、親類および友人。. And here's that translated part translated back to english with you-know-what: "The guest, head teacher, the teacher, the relative and the friend who become love." . "Today is a great day" came back as "It is the day when present helix it seems" ( 今日はすばらしい日である。 ). What is this a lottery?

Last edited by Triga; 2004-02-16 at 08:37.