AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-08-31, 11:06   Link #3961
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Looks like Kaijo made another correct guess about the Eclipse!
Old 2011-08-31, 11:10   Link #3962
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

It looked like a combination of both to me, he attacked the guy's head with his Napalm Fang, then blowed the crap out of him.

Those theories about Veyron being in reality the strongest Huck are starting to arose in my head.

Unreacted Veyron trashed the everloving crap out of a reacted Eclipse Driver hand-to-hand, just wondering how terrifying the guy will be once having his true Divider and reactor. Curren, maybe? Think about it, so far Curran hasn't used a proper divider in battle and also she seems to have very proficent control over the book she carries along with her, maybe she's one of the Strosek series(or even the original Strosek)?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 11:46   Link #3963
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
So now we know: head shots are lethal to Eclipse infectees.
Wow, good to know. This analysis could tip the balance to...oh wait, the heroes never kill. Back to the drawing board~
Old 2011-08-31, 11:49   Link #3964
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Wow, good to know. This analysis could tip the balance to...oh wait, the heroes never kill. Back to the drawing board~
Oh, ok, Signum is not a dumbass, only gutless xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-08-31, 11:52   Link #3965
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Oh, ok, Signum is not a dumbass, only gutless xDU
Now lets be fair, cops rarely issues 'shoot to kill' order on a first encounter. Besides, she's actually an exception to the 'never kill' policy - though, I wonder if mercy kills like what she did to Zest counts as one, since there's a huge difference on how your psych reacts between killing an unwilling target and someone actually seeking death. Hmm...
Old 2011-08-31, 12:05   Link #3966
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Cannot stress enough how much they need to capture the Huckebein alive... *sigh*
Old 2011-08-31, 12:18   Link #3967
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
I'm sure like any law organization they have situations where lethal force is considered acceptable.

We know what can kill them, but there may still be ways to incapacitate them.
Old 2011-08-31, 12:25   Link #3968
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

I'm more interested in knowing how the heroes plan to execute non-lethal takedowns at all. I don't think mass accelerators can be set to STUN, and not everybody has MCA to tase them
Old 2011-08-31, 12:40   Link #3969
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Quote:
It looked like a combination of both to me, he attacked the guy's head with his Napalm Fang, then blowed the crap out of him.
It could be that is the single most effective way to defeat the EC Driver. Mami Chomp, anyone?

Quote:
Unreacted Veyron trashed the everloving crap out of a reacted Eclipse Driver hand-to-hand, just wondering how terrifying the guy will be once having his true Divider and reactor. Curren, maybe? Think about it, so far Curran hasn't used a proper divider in battle and also she seems to have very proficent control over the book she carries along with her, maybe she's one of the Strosek series(or even the original Strosek)?
It could be horrific, two times more terrifying than a monster wielding a chainsaw. I myself also wonder whether the Curren Divider using. Maybe Divider-888? 777? 666? Or else?

Hah, that's just my imagination. Don't push in the heart. I'm just kidding

Concerning the Strosek Series, maybe Curren is the flawed prototype of the series. I personally doubt this fact, but we'll find out after a few chapters later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
We know what can kill them, but there may still be ways to incapacitate them.
Perhaps the most needed by the heroes is a serum that can destroy Eclipse effects experienced by Huckebeins. To be more effective, the dosage given should be very precise and retrieved at any given time. Even then depending on the level of virus that they experienced. Otherwise it can act as a poison for Eclipse Driver.

EDIT: The problem of vaccine that I described, it could be to kill Strosek series easily also.

Last edited by Zero Hurricane; 2011-08-31 at 13:14.
Zero Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 12:52   Link #3970
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Fate and Cinque meet with this official looking dude who twirls his pen. Not suspicious at all.
Yeah, I mean, if he twirls his pen, there's no telling what horrific experiments he's involved in. Who cares about his personality, appearance, or anything other than that tic? Just declare him evil now.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 13:10   Link #3971
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

It was a joke.
Old 2011-08-31, 13:24   Link #3972
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
Perhaps the most needed by the heroes is a serum that can destroy Eclipse effects experienced by Huckebeins. To be more effective, the dosage given should be very precise and retrieved at any given time. Even then depending on the level of virus that they experienced. Otherwise it can act as a poison for Eclipse Driver.

EDIT: The problem of vaccine that I described, it could be to kill Strosek series easily also.
Yup, a weponized cure will be a boring-yet-effective method to incapacitate the Huckebein, i recognize it have high chances of success by i'm against it for the sake of plot. The Hucks already demonstrated how lame "power nullifier" powers are. If the heroes actually defeat the Hucks by depowering them they will be no better than them.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-08-31, 13:26   Link #3973
Justin_Brett

How am I supposed to know that? You pretty much said it without a hint of irony.
Old 2011-08-31, 13:35   Link #3974
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Because my comment was inherently silly.

Anyways, Fate and Cinque don't look particularly pleased to be talking to this guy. He's young, wears a suit, and throws in random english. Oh, and it looks like he's the president/spokesman for the company the Hucks trashed.

Spoiler:

But yeah, the pen twirling is the most damning!
Old 2011-08-31, 13:41   Link #3975
Justin_Brett

A lot of your comments that aren't jokes are inherently silly.

...he looks like Shu Shirakawa.
Old 2011-08-31, 13:47   Link #3976
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Quote:
Yup, a weponized cure will be a boring-yet-effective method to incapacitate the Huckebein, i recognize it have high chances of success by i'm against it for the sake of plot. The Hucks already demonstrated how lame "power nullifier" powers are. If the heroes actually defeat the Hucks by depowering them they will be no better than them.
To get an ideal vaccine in question, first of all be sought after that it became Eclipse's source. After conducting a series of tests and experiments, then the vaccine can be used to destroy the Eclipse virus once and for all. The possibility of manufacturing done in reverse engineering. Lily could be the best candidate to be the source of an antidote that mean.

Although the theory that I described it boring, because about the typical anti-virus searching like the other story, this would be advantageous. Guaranteed, with that simple way, it can surely beat the Huckebein easily, without having to use the such garbage like AEC equipment.
Old 2011-08-31, 15:20   Link #3977
Kuze

Oh ho wow, early this month with ViViD. I guess both made impressions over there?

Anyways, 18 and 19. Can't really say much.

Spoiler:

No high scores reached this time around, but we are missing quite a few pages this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
That would be a decent ending, if not for us knowing that there is a cure in the works. It'd be like killing of Reinforce while knowing she could be fixed.
To be fair, Touma is the only source of data for the TSAB as of now, for that. As far as understanding how to counteract this Lost Logia goes, it's still something for the uncertain future.

For my part, I'd like to think that with enough time, they would've been able to fix Reinforce too, but well, half of everything is luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane
Although the theory that I described it boring, because about the typical anti-virus searching like the other story, this would be advantageous
Then the Eclipse virus is defeated for a time....before it mutates into the Maverick virus!
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 15:20   Link #3978
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Hardis(?) Vandeen is the name of that guy btw.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 15:59   Link #3979
Justin_Brett

Spoiler:

I really doubt those were the same guys. At least I hope for Touma's sake; otherwise he just got screwed.
Old 2011-08-31, 16:50   Link #3980
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

He means the village that Teana was investigating after Thoma met Lily. The one everyone thought Thoma destroyed at first.

Tags
manga, nanoha force