AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like Orihime?
I liked her before... 50 5.66%
I love her! 208 23.53%
I like her. 190 21.49%
Don't really like her, don't really hate her. 190 21.49%
I dislike her.. 87 9.84%
I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-14, 20:58   Link #241
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notaron View Post
Is it just me or are Inoue's powers not unique? Hachigen has similar powers to hers, he says so himself. I don't get where people bring the fact about her powers out. I think most of the hate comes from the shipping sectors.
Exactly what i said...The only difference between them is he has to know what it was before. Basically he's a giant male Orihime
Old 2008-07-14, 21:00   Link #242
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
If the 4th Squad was so great....why did he kidnap Orihime? He could have taken any 4th squad member with him when he was leaving but he chose Orihime
Didn't you pay attention to the manga? He kidnapped Orihime because he knew that Ichigo and Co. would come to rescue her. In his mind, Ichigo and Co. is a military asset to SS, so he had to distract them so he can win the battle in Karakura Town. After he had finished preparing for the battle, Aizen himself said that she was free to go.
Old 2008-07-15, 01:00   Link #243
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

If he were to kidnap any of the 4th Squad...I'd say it would have to be Captain Unohana
Old 2008-07-15, 01:45   Link #244
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
Exactly what i said...The only difference between them is he has to know what it was before. Basically he's a giant male Orihime
That suddenly sent a wrong image
Old 2008-07-15, 02:16   Link #245
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Big question for you, why would Aizen suspect Inoue is important enough that everyone would come after her? Considering he knows next to nothing about Inoue or Ichigo. If anything the logical choice for the kidnapping would've been Rukia, since everyone came to rescue her already in the past.
Old 2008-07-15, 02:24   Link #246
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Big question for you, why would Aizen suspect Inoue is important enough that everyone would come after her? Considering he knows next to nothing about Inoue or Ichigo. If anything the logical choice for the kidnapping would've been Rukia, since everyone came to rescue her already in the past.
Inoue is the most mentally weak person out of them all. Aizen does have a hacking shikai; who knows what else he can do?

Anyway, KT himself wrote it in, so it's a fact that Aizen only took Inoue because Ichigo and Co. would come after her.
Old 2008-07-15, 02:26   Link #247
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
They would come after anyone who is captured and Aizen knows that.
Keep in mind that it is Kubo who did that and why would he make the same two girls kidnapped?It is boring.
Old 2008-07-15, 02:31   Link #248
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
Inoue is the most mentally weak person out of them all. Aizen does have a hacking shikai; who knows what else he can do?

Anyway, KT himself wrote it in, so it's a fact that Aizen only took Inoue because Ichigo and Co. would come after her.
Holy Snickerdoodles Batman, why didn't I think of that...

Aizen knows NOTHING, ZERO, NADA, ZILCHE, about Inoue.

And despite you Inoue bashers believe, Inoue isn't the most mentally weak. Her life experience and the abuse she's gone through in HM, is enough to drive any normal person manic-depressive and suicidal. But she maintained mental fortitude. Just because he holds insecurities about her ability to fight, as well as her love. Doesn't mean she's "weak", it means shes... get ready for it.... Normal. :face_Shock:

Last edited by HayashiTakara; 2008-07-15 at 03:03.
Old 2008-07-15, 03:13   Link #249
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

And despite you Inoue bashers believe, Inoue isn't the most mentally weak. Her life experience and the abuse she's gone through in HM, is enough to drive any normal person manic-depressive and suicidal. But she maintained mental fortitude. Just because he holds insecurities about her ability to fight, as well as her love. Doesn't mean she's "weak", it means shes... get ready for it.... Normal. :face_Shock:
just saying (and dont shoot the messenger) She really wasnt tormented in hueco mundo besides the loly and menoly thing being compared to rukia's situation where she was basically told : hey look you've got this many days to live" Orihime was told she was useful to aizen so she didnt have any expectations of immediate death
Old 2008-07-15, 07:55   Link #250
kidashka

I'm an IchiRuki fan, but that's not why I dislike Orihime... She's not ACTUALLY that weak, with her fairies, but she just acts weak... It's annoying. Like when she doesn't want to hurt people. T_T And then moans about people not letting her fight.

And that constant "Kurosaki-kun" is painful.... I turn the sound off.
Old 2008-07-15, 10:30   Link #251
Notaron

Quote:
He knows Inoue is a big part of Ichigo's circle of friends. He saw her at the end of the SS arc and he also saw her powers as useful to him to possibly awaken the Hyougoku, so he kidnapped her, banking on the fact that they would come rescue their friend. They did, and fell into his trap.
Old 2008-07-15, 10:41   Link #252
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:

OMG, do I have to show that KT himself said that Aizen only captured Inoue because Ichigo would come after them???

Spoiler for Chapter 314:
Old 2008-07-15, 14:31   Link #253
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post

Inoue isn't mentally weak, Ichigo would have done the same thing, Hime knew that Ulq is stronger than her and fighting him will just get herself killed and Ulq told her 'Come with me or I will kill your friends'

Wouldn't you make the same choice and when she was inside she was already planning to destroy the hougyoku but Ichigo and Co. came along

Also if everyone knows she is a pacifist why do they complain that she doesn't fight? She doesn't complain that no one lets her fight, she complains about herself and she wants to help her comrades she just doesn't know how and she is scared of losing Tsubaki again
Old 2008-07-15, 16:03   Link #254
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
Inoue isn't mentally weak, Ichigo would have done the same thing, Hime knew that Ulq is stronger than her and fighting him will just get herself killed and Ulq told her 'Come with me or I will kill your friends'

Wouldn't you make the same choice and when she was inside she was already planning to destroy the hougyoku but Ichigo and Co. came along

Also if everyone knows she is a pacifist why do they complain that she doesn't fight? She doesn't complain that no one lets her fight, she complains about herself and she wants to help her comrades she just doesn't know how and she is scared of losing Tsubaki again
Actually she kinda is mentally weak....she's not physically weak because she has the power to do something she's mentally weak because she has the power but is afraid to use it
Old 2008-07-15, 16:20   Link #255
Nervous Venus

I think like HT said earlier, she has "mental fortitude", and this is shown once again at the end of ch 317. I honestly think that a weak-minded person is someone who cannot lift him/herself up and move on because they have given up on their internal struggles (or in the Shonen world, go to the "dark side"). Orihime continues to face them head-on.

While I don't think her going off to HM (and taking a gazillion chapters to realize her friends would come for her) was a smart choice, but I don't find that a weak mentality: I think it was just a bad choice (though in no way her fault, really, given the circumstances).
Old 2008-07-15, 18:23   Link #256
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

I wish people won't so enthusiastically jump on the bandwagon to hate Orihime. Yes, she has issues and insecurities and everything, but she's learning. She'll overcome the biggest obstacle in her life, which is her one-sided love for Ichigo, as it will be the key to opening up a new depth inside her. Hopefully.
Old 2008-07-15, 19:51   Link #257
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Like i said once Orihime does actually do something i will stop my dislike for her. I expected big things from her in the beginning but i was sadly disappointed later on. I think something needs to happen so orihime cant use her defensive or healing abilities that will force her to rely on her offensive capabilities because lets face it if you dont use it ya lose it and at the rate she's going if she cant stand up for herself and use her power shes never gonna get any control over it.It just frustrates me to no end that this girl is potentially the most powerful person in the series but she is being reduced to being portrayed as the weakest(I mean Uryuu with no powers still had her beat).
Old 2008-07-15, 20:52   Link #258
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Like i said once Orihime does actually do something i will stop my dislike for her. I expected big things from her in the beginning but i was sadly disappointed later on. I think something needs to happen so orihime cant use her defensive or healing abilities that will force her to rely on her offensive capabilities because lets face it if you dont use it ya lose it and at the rate she's going if she cant stand up for herself and use her power shes never gonna get any control over it.
I think she's definitely going to redeem herself soon. I mean, she'd better. I love her anyway, but I definitely prefer the Inoue from the SS arc and earlier. I think standing up to Ulq was a nice start--how many times has she done that now? The last chapter was great for her; I think she's finally starting to realize that maybe she's not quite as useless as she thinks, and that she can help her friends. She's going to have some major development soon. I'm hoping it involves getting over Ichigo, but I'm probably setting the bar too high. She's going to learn and grow. I'm pretty sure. It's just taking waaay too long.

Quote:
It just frustrates me to no end that this girl is potentially the most powerful person in the series but she is being reduced to being portrayed as the weakest(I mean Uryuu with no powers still had her beat).
I sorta feel sorry for her because of that. She has this awesome power, and she's too afraid to use it. I hope she gets over it soon and kicks some ass herself.
Old 2008-07-15, 20:53   Link #259
Kuroda

Quote:
Like i said once Orihime does actually do something i will stop my dislike for her. I expected big things from her in the beginning but i was sadly disappointed later on. I think something needs to happen so orihime cant use her defensive or healing abilities that will force her to rely on her offensive capabilities because lets face it if you dont use it ya lose it and at the rate she's going if she cant stand up for herself and use her power shes never gonna get any control over it.It just frustrates me to no end that this girl is potentially the most powerful person in the series but she is being reduced to being portrayed as the weakest(I mean Uryuu with no powers still had her beat).

Mind you she has used her offencive ability in the last 10 episodes. remmeber the secoand dude who had the wall making thing that the badguys use (name escapes me) and she had to shield/defend herself from the guy till ichigo arrived. she used her offence once, so its not like she cant use it. but she doesent use it as often as we like. like i said theres nothing too wrong with a passive character. honestly i thought uryuu was going to be passive as hell but i guess not. on point to what i said without her heals the anime would surly be more tragic.
Old 2008-07-15, 22:00   Link #260
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroda View Post
Mind you she has used her offencive ability in the last 10 episodes. remmeber the secoand dude who had the wall making thing that the badguys use (name escapes me) and she had to shield/defend herself from the guy till ichigo arrived. she used her offence once, so its not like she cant use it. but she doesent use it as often as we like. like i said theres nothing too wrong with a passive character. honestly i thought uryuu was going to be passive as hell but i guess not. on point to what i said without her heals the anime would surly be more tragic.
You know offensive means you are attacking. Last time I checked, shielding was defending.
Closed Thread