Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-11-21, 03:21   Link #2281
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
That's not really that impressive of a story, the highlight of it (for me) was when you repeatedly yelled at a handicapped, mentally infirm, homeless man. Also, you didn't even ask her what her name was, which is pretty rude.

YEAAAAAAAH, I agree. That would have definitely made it a better story.
Why would I ask her her name? She started talking to me first. I was just minding my own business drawing. Do you honestly ask the name of every stranger you come into contact with? Especially the ones that talk to you first? I like how your logic works. Yes it was so rude of me not to ask the name of a stranger who started talking to me first. Besides, I have a girlfriend, and was on my way to see her. After yelling at that guy there was really no time to "have a little" chat with the girl...as I was getting off the bus. Doesn't matter if the guy "claimed" he was handicapped. He was clearly demented and was scaring the girl. Damn I can't believe all of that went over your head. If you are going to try and rain on someone's parade at least do a good job, seeeesh. You're just coming off as a "hater" who clearly didn't read what I wrote. Or at least didn't understand something not very complicated.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2009-11-21 at 03:37.
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 03:58   Link #2282
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I'm sorry, I thought this was a thread about dating and romance, so I thought your story was about how that girl was flirting with you. If you didn't exchange names or phone numbers then it doesn't really seem like she was that into you. I will stop here because I'm not trying to start an argument. Sorry for 'raining on your parade'
Really...if I had started another thread just to post this story, I think it would get shut down due to the strict rules of this forum. This thread was close enough. I'll break it down for you YET AGAIN, as to what happened between us:

- I was drawing on the bus and an attractive girl happened to get on.

- She sits next to me. I keep drawing.

- After a few minutes she makes a comment to me that my drawings are very nice. I tell her that I'm not at the level where I want to be yet, but thanks for the encouraging comment. In a very modest manner.

- The bus gets crowded pretty much right after. I pack my things because my stop is close by.

- The altercation happens.

- My stop comes up right after the altercation and I say a quick goodbye and head to my girlfriends place. There was practically no time within any of that bus ride to exchange names and or numbers. And there was no reason to in my case as I'm not single.

The end. Honestly I can't believe I had to dumb this down this much for you to comprehend. Everyone else clearly understood...and didn't bitch about it not being in the right thread or whatever. The entire point of the story was about how good of an icebreaker this would have been if I was single in the first place. I probably would have continued to converse with her after she talked to me instead of just continuing drawing...if I was single. It's not even the fact that you didn't like my story, could care less about that...it's just the fact that you clearly came across as a douchebag trying to start something for no reason...and you did a terrible job even at that.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2009-11-21 at 04:09.
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 23:04   Link #2283
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Hello all, I come again seeking advice. Same guy as before.

Okay, so... I'll admit, I kind of chickened out on talking to him and have more or less avoided him ever since the year ended and I started college, which wasn't so hard since he chose to stay home. The last few days however I've been home for Thanksgiving break and won't be back at school until Monday.

Today he called me to wish me a Happy Thanksgiving. I sent him a text message reply (too cold?) and turned off my phone after that, so I don't know if he responded. He seems to have stopped bugging my family about the whole incident, but I get the feeling he's still looking for me.

Now, here's my problem: one of my friends from high school wants to hang out, which isn't so bad, except he's a mutual friend of me and my former love interest. My biggest fear is that I'll pull up at his house and Marco (the guy I loved and gave up on) will be there, forcing a confrontation. So what am I supposed to do?

I know sooner or later I have to honestly talk to him and let him know the door is closed; we'll never have a relationship, not after what happened between us. But at the same time, I'm scared and want to hope it'll just die off on its own.
Old 2009-11-27, 23:47   Link #2284
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
I've a bad feeling about this.

As he is a mutual friend of his, he will find out. And I don't think he will take it kindly.

I think you do have to have that talk with him to remind him the door is closed...or perhaps just hope he can find out on his own and resign to that fact.

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 18:50   Link #2285
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Saw him today in the food store while I was shopping with my mother, but he was so busy chatting with one of his friends that he didn't even notice I was there. I probably should have said something to him then, but I didn't want to call attention to myself unless he noticed me on his own.
Old 2009-11-30, 15:08   Link #2286
Rodolfo

Hi! RadiantBeam

I think in the near future you'll have more of these casual encounters that are perfect to do a move in the love's chess.

It's ok you prefer he notices you on his owm, but sometimes you have to go around near him with an attitude like he isn't there.

And It dosen't matters he's shy or not I'm sure if You give him a lolita's-little sexy-one side- but discrete SMILE you'll take his mind and he'll start thinking what's up, this type of smile is a powerful weapon from yours... girls and us men fall with this hahaha!.

Good Luck!
Rodolfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 15:09   Link #2287
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

He's not someone I want to date. He's the guy who broke my heart during our senior year of high school, and I still have a hard time talking to him face to face. I know I have to because he's definitely interested in me now, but I want nothing to do with him at this point in time.
Old 2009-11-30, 15:27   Link #2288
Mr.Raw
Permanent Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Raw Send a message via MSN to Mr.Raw
Tease him with your beautiful smile , make him suffer

But seriously, Do you still have feelings for him too? Because that would be a great chance

Random info:
Signature: Desert Punk

Mr.Raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 16:20   Link #2289
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Do I still have feelings for him? No, those died a long time ago. I can barely even stand being around him as just a friend right now. I just want to get away from him and get him out of my life as soon as possible.
Old 2009-11-30, 18:37   Link #2290
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Aimingan12
Well then you should concentrate on other things that will remove him from your thoughts. Enjoy yourself with your friends and family and before you know it, you'll probably forget about him.

"All is lost."
Aimingan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 22:29   Link #2291
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Do I still have feelings for him? No, those died a long time ago. I can barely even stand being around him as just a friend right now. I just want to get away from him and get him out of my life as soon as possible.
See thats the problem with life, you will probably keep having similar situations, because you obviously have some unresolved businss there, even if it is love or animosity. The best thing for you to do is allow a confrontation so you can tell him off, that way you will have it off your back, to save face, let him speak his peace, then politely let him know that he had his chance with you if that is indeed what he wants.

That way you get it off your back and maybe that will give you the closure you seek.
Old 2009-11-30, 22:35   Link #2292
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
See thats the problem with life, you will probably keep having similar situations, because you obviously have some unresolved businss there, even if it is love or animosity. The best thing for you to do is allow a confrontation so you can tell him off, that way you will have it off your back, to save face, let him speak his peace, then politely let him know that he had his chance with you if that is indeed what he wants.

That way you get it off your back and maybe that will give you the closure you seek.
Would it be cowardly to admit that I'm scared to talk to him? I know I have to make a clean break away from him, or at least make him understand that he missed his chance with me, but I still remember how he was my best friend for so many years before things went bad.
Old 2009-11-30, 23:06   Link #2293
Crusader

Radiant
Cowardly, not at all. I can actually sympathize with you on this matter. You may hope for him to disappear, but that's not likely. I bet you think about it from time to time. I hope you're not thinking about what could have been, cause that would make it hard for you. At the same time you don't want to carry it around either, which is why i said you should confront it. From what i gather he aint going nowhere, and you don't have nothing to lose, but a piece of mind to gain. Of course it's up to you.
Old 2009-12-01, 07:42   Link #2294
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Radiant
Cowardly, not at all. I can actually sympathize with you on this matter. You may hope for him to disappear, but that's not likely. I bet you think about it from time to time. I hope you're not thinking about what could have been, cause that would make it hard for you. At the same time you don't want to carry it around either, which is why i said you should confront it. From what i gather he aint going nowhere, and you don't have nothing to lose, but a piece of mind to gain. Of course it's up to you.
^
Couldn't have said it any better, you have your advice and answer here.
"Nothing to fear but fear itself."

Even if you stumble and trip over your words, at least once its done and dusted, you can move on with your lives and focus your energies elsewhere
Continue forward, not backward.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 09:57   Link #2295
Mr.Raw
Permanent Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Radiant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
^
Couldn't have said it any better, you have your advice and answer here.
"Nothing to fear but fear itself."

Even if you stumble and trip over your words, at least once its done and dusted, you can move on with your lives and focus your energies elsewhere
Continue forward, not backward.
I second those ...

Random info:

Old 2009-12-01, 14:17   Link #2296
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Heh.... yeah, I figured as much. Thank you for all the advice. I'll have to call him up and arrange something over winter break so I can finally settle things between him and I. I probably won't like it, but in the long run it'll help me, definitely. So thank you again. ^^
Old 2009-12-01, 14:45   Link #2297
Mr.Raw
Permanent Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Good luck RB

Random info:

Old 2009-12-01, 21:58   Link #2298
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Heh.... yeah, I figured as much. Thank you for all the advice. I'll have to call him up and arrange something over winter break so I can finally settle things between him and I. I probably won't like it, but in the long run it'll help me, definitely. So thank you again. ^^
Radiant it will be fine, if there was no discomfort, life would be surreal. Since this is so big then prepare yourself mentally for it. With that said good look.
Old 2009-12-01, 23:04   Link #2299
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Aimingan12
If anyone can give me advice (I really needed). I broke with my gf three months ago after I found that she had been cheating on me and decided to quit dating for awhile and then I meet another girl who happens to be new in one of my classes and decide to ask her out. But the problem is my ex wants a 2nd chance and I don't know what to do. I like both of them but I can't decide who to choose...their both nice and sweet but I don't want to take the risk of being hurt again.

"All is lost."
Aimingan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 23:07   Link #2300
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
If you subscribe to the "once a cheater, always a cheater" philosophy, don't give the ex a second chance.

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom