AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-06, 03:14   Link #141
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

No plans for another season have been revealed. It is quite possible though. Maybe we'll hear about it next year, or the year after. Lots of time has passed between the previous seasons, so there is no reason to think that a fourth season will happen soon.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-07-06, 03:16   Link #142
yanmato91
nRgy

Send a message via MSN to yanmato91
I was jsut about to post something my friend told me today, until i got an email with your statemet. I was reading anotehr forum recently and the points they said were pretty convincing, and my friend at school said, there is going to be fmp 4th season, in novermber or after that. Its jsut from my friend im not sure yet.
Old 2006-07-06, 13:02   Link #143
MandyDi
Sousuke and Kaname....

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanmato91
I was jsut about to post something my friend told me today, until i got an email with your statemet. I was reading anotehr forum recently and the points they said were pretty convincing, and my friend at school said, there is going to be fmp 4th season, in novermber or after that. Its jsut from my friend im not sure yet.

Did they cite where they got that infomation from? Unless it comes from an official source its probably a rumor.
Old 2006-07-06, 13:54   Link #144
masterwok

i think they were probaly thinking of the dub version that is coming out in november, but i think they will make another seaso, since there are many novels that is not animated yet.
Old 2006-07-06, 20:28   Link #145
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

It would make perfect sense if they did and nearly no sense if they didnt, business or otherwise.

Last edited by Masanori Ota; 2006-07-11 at 19:45.
Old 2006-07-07, 01:06   Link #146
yanmato91
nRgy

Send a message via MSN to yanmato91
MY friend said he got it off some sites, but im unclear of what they were. Il find out and post it.
Old 2006-07-07, 01:14   Link #147
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

The best for them would be to wait a bit. Using only A Very Dancing Merry Christmas for the third season wouldn't give enough material for a series that'd be as long as TSR. FMP! and FMP! Fumoffu are made of multiple novels and excerpts from different books and put together. TSR is itself made of FMP! Sigma and FMP! End of Day by Day.

If they want to put the lighter side of the universe (slapstick comedy) inside as 'filler', then so be it, I won't complain but otherwise I don't think AVDMC will be enough. The problem is that the next major action novel in sight is Continuing On My Own and that'd mean they'd have to end the third season on a cliffhanger and a less-than-corny note...and there is no way they could back down from a fourth installment of the FMP! universe.

Shoji Gatou would then have to write something new to add to the third series because, as I said, AVDMC wouldn't be long enough. But that's my opinion - I could always be dead wrong.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-07-07 at 03:53.
Old 2006-07-21, 14:44   Link #148
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Music ID thread

I'm making some flash movies for newgrounds and I was wondering if anyone can identify or link this music. In TSR EP12 The "creepy" music when gauron is talking to souske and souske goes off on um. Also when Kaname is talking to souske at the start of TSR ep13 (music during the "sunrise" scene)
If anyone knows, thats be a great help. It would fit the tone of my flash perfectly

Last edited by Generalgm; 2006-07-21 at 15:02.
Old 2006-07-24, 08:06   Link #149
atrash

i'm wondering; are all FMP novel connected to each other?
i mean, we have read the 1st one, then follow by the 2nd and so on. Can anyone who has read all the novel gimme some ideas?

since i can't read japanese, only a few selected novel were translated. So, i've to choice but to read the translated one and wait patiently until the next one been translated..

thanx..
Old 2006-07-24, 09:33   Link #150
Tabris

I've got a question:

Why is Tessa the hottest one in FMP?
Old 2006-07-24, 11:38   Link #151
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrash
i'm wondering; are all FMP novel connected to each other?
i mean, we have read the 1st one, then follow by the 2nd and so on. Can anyone who has read all the novel gimme some ideas?
Novel 1, 3, 6, 8, 9, 12, 15, 17 make the main story line.
1, 3, 6 have been animated as FMP!.
8, 9 have been animated as FMP! The Second Raid.

The other novel are short story compilation ala Fumoffu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris
Why is Tessa the hottest one in FMP?
The hottest one is Mao
Old 2006-07-28, 11:33   Link #152
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
What's this FMP 2nd Raid OVA all about? Does it fit in continuity (if at all) to the 13 eps already shown?

Is this OVA the same as FMP 2nd Raid Zenyasai?
Old 2006-07-28, 12:15   Link #153
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowClone
What's this FMP 2nd Raid OVA all about? Does it fit in continuity (if at all) to the 13 eps already shown?

Is this OVA the same as FMP 2nd Raid Zenyasai?
It's not a story from the main story line, to be more precise it's the last chapter of the 10th novel.

From the way Sousuke speak to Tessa, the story take place after TSR.

For more info about the one and only OAV for TSR -> http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=6256

FMP! TSR Zenyasai is not an OAV, it's a making of.
Old 2006-07-28, 12:23   Link #154
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Ok, thanks!

I'm gonna download it now to complete my TSR collection...
Old 2006-07-30, 12:40   Link #155
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg
The hottest one is Mao
LIES!!!!!!!!
Old 2006-07-31, 21:32   Link #156
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Hmmm...

I just thought of something. If leonard can pilot a AS with the Lambda driver and hes a whispered. Kaname can pilot (or control) the Dannam (however the sub is spelled) which has a LD in it and shes a whispered, as well as Tessa. So if Sousuke is able to "control" the Lambda driver on the Arbalest. Wouldn't that make Sousuke a "possible" whispered too?
Sorry if it sounds contemplative but it maybe food for thought
Old 2006-07-31, 22:47   Link #157
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

I've been betting he's a latent Whispered for some time now. It's a natural conclusion, though it fails to factor in Sousuke's determination and sheer skill with an AS. It also ignores the doped-up semi-Lambda-driver-using Amalgam henchies. Then again, whatever drug they're taking might turn them into temporary semi-Whispereds (all skills, no knowledge).

I'm taking this too far, stretching the evidence. If Sousuke is a Whispered, I'm sure it'll become evident sooner than later. Again, I'm betting Lemon installed a mini Lambda driver in his back for him to beat down the mini ASes with.
Old 2006-07-31, 23:01   Link #158
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota
I've been betting he's a latent Whispered for some time now. It's a natural conclusion, though it fails to factor in Sousuke's determination and sheer skill with an AS. It also ignores the doped-up semi-Lambda-driver-using Amalgam henchies. Then again, whatever drug they're taking might turn them into temporary semi-Whispereds (all skills, no knowledge).

I'm taking this too far, stretching the evidence. If Sousuke is a Whispered, I'm sure it'll become evident sooner than later. Again, I'm betting Lemon installed a mini Lambda driver in his back for him to beat down the mini ASes with.
Well someone is in the same mindset as me

I thought I was gonna get a "OMG WTF?! u a moron" lol
Old 2006-08-01, 02:56   Link #159
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generalgm
I just thought of something. If leonard can pilot a AS with the Lambda driver and hes a whispered. Kaname can pilot (or control) the Dannam (however the sub is spelled) which has a LD in it and shes a whispered, as well as Tessa. So if Sousuke is able to "control" the Lambda driver on the Arbalest. Wouldn't that make Sousuke a "possible" whispered too?
Sorry if it sounds contemplative but it maybe food for thought
The De Danaan don't have a Lambda Driver, the TAROS is directly connected to the control of the submarine not to a LD.

If Sousuke is able to pilot an AS with a Lambda Driver without special training or the use of drugs it's because of AL, the AI is a part of the Lambda Driver and the alter-ego of Sousuke. So I think that if Sousuke and AL are able to "synchronise" then the LD could be used directly without the pilote emitting gamma waves.

For me it's clear that Sousuke is not a Whispered, and nothing in the serie or the novel show that Sousuke could be a Whispered candidate.
Old 2006-08-01, 06:04   Link #160
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

The Whispered concept is first and foremost about the knowledge they unconsciously contain in their brains as if something had it imprinted it from birth - and the special telepathic link they share in certain circumstances.

So far Sousuke has not displayed either of the two characteristics. He merely shows impressive skills with piloting Arm Slaves, which is undoubtedly the result of his manning them ever since his childhood in Helmajistan. Since it was engrained in him at a very young age he became proficient in that field. His results are due to a high familiarity with ASes. And that's all.

As for the Lambda Driver, I believe it's a one-way machine with no feedback susceptible of changing the pilot's body and capabilities. Al is indeed the only one to thank for Sousuke's successful use of a Lambda Driver because he acts as an interim system meant to maximize compatibility between the two by tweaking Sousuke's brain waves around. I have not heard of any sort of return data to Sousuke's brains so I fail to see how he can become a Whispered.