AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2008-08-26, 22:56   Link #901
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashiRika_04621 View Post

If you're starting a scans-group, I could tryand be a recruiter/raw provider.

I could also try and look for a translator (which is what recruiters do ). >>
Thank you so much! As of right now, you are in the group! PM me with your AIM/Yahoo/MSN info.
cereal_killerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 23:36   Link #902
Mr. Delicious

new yen plus out. again, solid translation, and the blogosphere is going wild for higurashi. if the popularity keeps rising, we may have the original visual novels translated as well. Here's hopin'.
Mr. Delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 23:00   Link #903
Benny1
Friendly Manga Editor

Send a message via AIM to Benny1 Send a message via MSN to Benny1

English volume 1 cover.
Benny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 23:10   Link #904
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post

English volume 1 cover.
It's so pretty! Unfortunately, It's going to take like 10 years for them to release all the volumes. Why must they release them via the 1 volume per 3 month standard!? WHY!?
Old 2008-09-10, 23:22   Link #905
CatQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
It's so pretty! Unfortunately, It's going to take like 10 years for them to release all the volumes. Why must they release them via the 1 volume per 3 month standard!? WHY!?
The wait's going to kill me too. Maybe not for Onikakushi-hen(since I've already read it all), but definately for Tsumihoroboshi-hen. I need to read that.

The cover's rather pretty, but I'm a little dissapointed that they didn't keep the original designs around Rena. I'm buying it either way, though.
CatQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 00:39   Link #906
Aortic

Is Tsumihoroboshi-hen licensed yet?

...>_>
Aortic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 01:00   Link #907
CatQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aortic View Post
Is Tsumihoroboshi-hen licensed yet?

...>_>
Er, let me rephrase that, "IF it gets licensed". Sorry.
CatQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 02:30   Link #908
Aortic

Let me rephrase too, "It's not licensed. ~(^_^~)"
Old 2008-09-11, 06:41   Link #909
Benny1
Friendly Manga Editor

It's one volume per three month standard so it doesn't get ahead of their manga magazine. And not much gets released much faster than that anyways, so it's not like it's coming out slowly.

Also, the design lacks the coolness of the japanese version a bit, but that's becuase it was very vertically oriented. It's rather difficult to keep an English cover so vertically oriented (they did it with the Haruhi covers, but that was quite different of a layout), so something like this is necessary. Higurashi, When They Cry would look terrible written vertically, basically.

Even better, they kept the black theme from the original question arcs, hopefully they'll switch to the white theme that comes with the answer arcs. If they get that far, of course.

Also, arcs 2 and 3 are translated as Cotton Drifting Arc and Curse Killing Arc, which is nice to hear. It's really hard to get Onikakushi-hen to sound good in english, in the end.

Last edited by Benny1; 2008-09-11 at 07:14.
Old 2008-09-11, 08:12   Link #910
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
Also, arcs 2 and 3 are translated as Cotton Drifting Arc and Curse Killing Arc, which is nice to hear. It's really hard to get Onikakushi-hen to sound good in english, in the end.
I still liked it when somebody called that one the "Demoned Away" arc. Don't ask why because I really don't know.
Old 2008-09-11, 09:18   Link #911
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatQueen View Post
The wait's going to kill me too. Maybe not for Onikakushi-hen(since I've already read it all), but definately for Tsumihoroboshi-hen. I need to read that.

The cover's rather pretty, but I'm a little dissapointed that they didn't keep the original designs around Rena. I'm buying it either way, though.
I could gladly do that for you O_O! Just kidding. I'm trying to look on the bright side but I can't find any!!! 3 months per volume for the manga, the games will probably never get released stateside (aside from the translation that sonozaki is doing), the movie is not out until november, and the OVAs until december! I need my higurashi now!

*Ahem*
So... ummm... Who wants pancakes?
Old 2008-09-11, 19:26   Link #912
Ryuugu-chan
.....?

The cover..Is too awesome...Even for Onikakushi-hen...I've read that part so many times,even though I hate it..
10 years?....That's so not fair. I want to read Tsumihoroboshi-hen(has that even been released in Japan?)so badly!

"Abducted By Demons"?I like it,it sounds much better then "Spirited Away by the Demon"....

;__; I want Higurashi too,I want Higurashi now!!

Geneon stinks,their making us wait so long for the next few volumes(the beginning of Meakashi-hen doesn't come out till the end of this month,and the other volumes are torture), whoever is translating the manga will take so many years to get to Tsumihoroboshi-hen,the sound novels(PC and PS2 wise)maybe never be translated/dubbed,the first ova won't come out till the day after Christmas,the movie(which I still have no idea which arc it's on)doesn't come out till November...The DS novels...I have no idea when the next one comes out. Daybreak Kai for the psp won't come out for a while..;__; I don't even think their releasing new merchandise currently....They are evil people.

Pancakes?..>> Waffles are better <<
Old 2008-09-11, 19:32   Link #913
tobiast88
No patience for fools

Stop whining and learn japanese, if you to read them so bad.
tobiast88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 22:38   Link #914
Ryuugu-chan
.....?

You mean... Tsumboroshi-hen is out?...Wow...That's awesome!I thought it wasn't supposed to come out for a while...
Old 2008-09-11, 23:01   Link #915
Dansen
U-u-u-aua

According to Wiki yes. Unless you meant translated...
Old 2008-09-11, 23:28   Link #916
Falchion Oni
That one Touhou fanatic..

I tried to check out the raws on photo163, but I just got some japanese message and couldn't get to the raws anyways. Any clue on what's happening?
Falchion Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 23:35   Link #917
cereal_killerxx

Once again, me and Higurashirika have started a scan group. All we need is a translator. If anyone knows of a translator willing to join our group, please let me know immediately.

Also, the name of our group is KGKA (Keiichi Got Killed Again)
Old 2008-09-12, 01:58   Link #918
Aortic

We've got Minagoroshi, Matsuribayashi and Tsumboroshi going right now at Gaku too...
Old 2008-09-12, 06:09   Link #919
Benny1
Friendly Manga Editor

Eh. We don't have Tsumihoroboshi going, becuase my translator completely vanished.

Which really kind of irritates me, becuase he was doing really well before that, but one day he just up and vanished.
Old 2008-09-12, 10:45   Link #920
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aortic View Post
We've got Minagoroshi, Matsuribayashi and Tsumboroshi going right now at Gaku too...
Wow, looks like I'm not the only person concerned with translating the manga. Our group plans on finishing Watanagashi-hen and Tatarigoroshi-hen.