Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-07, 19:56   Link #521
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Negi and Fate is not enough. We need more!
I thought it was Negi, Fate and Kotarou?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 20:03   Link #522
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I thought it was Negi, Fate and Kotarou?
Kotarou did marry Natsumi so I guess that sunk the Kotarou ship with others.
Old 2013-09-07, 23:07   Link #523
myopius

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
As chapter is already scanlated, I believe it's safe to not use spoilers tags?
If both the Japanese raw and the English scanlation aren't out, at the very least I'd like it if people used spoiler tags for the more important developments in the day after the chapter comes out. That is just my preference, because I checked this thread briefly when I saw that chapter 3 had been scanlated because I was surprised and wanted to see if anyone was saying anything about it, and the first line that popped out at me was "H-he's already dead in one chapter?" (as it turns out, it wasn't really a spoiler, but I quickly left the thread in fear).

Spoiler for Chapter 3 scanlation:
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 23:35   Link #524
AstroNerdBoy

Akamatsu-sensei is being very cagey here. UQH Shinobu looks and acts like the lovely, female Shinobu from Love Hina, but is never given a gender assignment (which is why translators shouldn't just make assumptions and add whatever gender they decide).

Then we have Kuroumaru, whom Touta doesn't see the naughty bits of, but assumes this to be a girl because Kuroumaru's face (twice). The art is done so that in some ways, Kuroumaru looks like a guy and in others, looks like a girl. So again, we have gender ambiguity here and until Kuroumaru's gender is properly established, nothing should be added in on the translation side.

I've stated that I think Akamatsu-sensei is cashing in on this apparent trap craze of the otaku fandom in Japan. It would not surprise me at all of Shinobu turned out to be the trap, and Kuroumaru turned out to be the reverse-trap. After all, I don't know of any guys who'd try to bring a towel up to cover their chest area when naked and seen by another guy. *lol*

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 01:04   Link #525
ReddyRedWolf

Lets list things we know about Kuroumaru.

1. Kuroumaru doesn't like being called a girl.

2. Kuroumaru has a mission to kill Eva. (What idiot would give a mission like that.) Which if Kuroumaru does not accomplish there is no returning to Kuroumaru's homeland.

3. Kuroumaru is a Shinmeiryuu practitioner. But is taught to kill vampires and the like.

Theory 1:

We already saw Kuroumaru in Negima. Kuroumaru is the child in Ayaka's recording.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

These three kids could be our new characters.

Theory 2:

Kuroumaru is Martian colonist. This is what Kuroumaru meant he/she can't come back home.

The Aoyama home is at Kyoto, Japan and Kuroumaru is unfamiliar with Japan.

Theory 3:

Evangeline is framed for a crime she did not commit. Eishun being close to the Shinmeiryuu head family Motoko and Tsuruko would give them a low-down on Eva and would not consider her a threat.

Evangeline could have been framed for the death of the Konoe family, Touta's parents. I'm not sure but the police did give custody to Eva.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 02:21   Link #526
Lisemer

That recording is from the 2090's (before iincho's registred death) and UQ is from the 1986's, six or more years BEFORE THAT RECORDING, that child cannot be this Yukimura-wannabe.
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 02:35   Link #527
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
After all, I don't know of any guys who'd try to bring a towel up to cover their chest area when naked and seen by another guy. *lol*
Quite a few guys are like that.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 02:51   Link #528
Ancient Death
Lonely without Suigintou

Chapter 3 surely get translated quickly without even 3 days go by.

Anyway, what I want to say about this Kuroumaru character...it's screamed out at me as a female being due to behaviors such easily blush or cover the body towel when met Touta first time (this was pointed out by Astro already). Also, someone did mentioned that Kuroumaru might not like to be referred as a girl, woman or female due upbringing or something similar to that.
Shinbou was pretty feminine in every sense like a girl should be. Although she sure got on the motorcycle pretty quick without Touta notice at all.

BUT! It's like what some of you said, it could be gender traps for all I could know. At this point, I will not say no more about this until it's confirmed first.

Eva-chan sure don't go easy at first meeting, heh~ Who would sent out a "rookie" to slay one of the greatest and powerful mages, let alone an immortal vampire before is allow to return to homeland...hmm?
It make you wondering...
Ancient Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 02:55   Link #529
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So the 3rd chapter is now in normal 19 page weekly serialization.

I say this Kuroumaru is a girl. We just have to wait for Yukihime to strip her down to show the proof.
Old 2013-09-08, 04:02   Link #530
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Death View Post

Eva-chan sure don't go easy at first meeting, heh~ Who would sent out a "rookie" to slay one of the greatest and powerful mages, let alone an immortal vampire before is allow to return to homeland...hmm?
It make you wondering...
Maybe the goal was to send him on a basically impossible mission in the hopes that he wouldn't return for whatever reason?
Old 2013-09-08, 04:10   Link #531
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Maybe the goal was to send him on a basically impossible mission in the hopes that he wouldn't return for whatever reason?
Then the question of the day is this ... Who did Kurou piss off enough to land that deal? ... the leadership knowing history, knowing that instead of extremistic hate of demons, it should be a case-by-case basis (Setsuna being half-Demon and such)? and them throwing Kurou at Eva because they know that she either is to well hidden or to strong for Kurou to ever succed?
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 05:39   Link #532
chaosprophet

Regarding Kuroumaru mission, we still know too little about it. It could have been a goal he set to prove himself or the like.

Also keep in mind that, the Eva as people know through rumors and all is likely quite weaker than the real deal. Even Secundus on Negima went "I never heard she was this powerful!?" when she is using that original spell of hers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Then we have Kuroumaru, whom Touta doesn't see the naughty bits of, but assumes this to be a girl because Kuroumaru's face (twice). The art is done so that in some ways, Kuroumaru looks like a guy and in others, looks like a girl. So again, we have gender ambiguity here and until Kuroumaru's gender is properly established, nothing should be added in on the translation side.
Actually, after Kuroymaru established himself as a male, I think it's safe for translators to use he/his/him etc to refer to him. Because others characters think he's a male and would treaty him as such, even thought they might be wrong. If there is any narrations parts though, then I agree it's better to be gender ambiguous for now.
Old 2013-09-08, 07:01   Link #533
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Regarding Kuroumaru mission, we still know too little about it. It could have been a goal he set to prove himself or the like.

Also keep in mind that, the Eva as people know through rumors and all is likely quite weaker than the real deal. Even Secundus on Negima went "I never heard she was this powerful!?" when she is using that original spell of hers.
There are easier ways of proving yourself than hunting down a ridiculously OP immortal vampire that has been in hiding for years.
Old 2013-09-08, 07:44   Link #534
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
There are easier ways of proving yourself than hunting down a ridiculously OP immortal vampire that has been in hiding for years.
agree, by the time in Uq holder, most people will expected Eva to be far stronger than the past, and she already has a record to boost, no matter how you see it, the whole mission is impossible for a kid who isn't 1/5 of Eva age so i think it's more likely that either Kuroumaru is being get rid of or use as a recon bait to gain more information about current Eva.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 07:49   Link #535
Kadi
知識の探求者

So... in front of innocent Touta, who she cares about, Eva kills someone Touta doesn't want to antagonize? In cold blood? Without really needing to, considering how much stronger she was? Am I the only one thinking something's off here?

Assuming Kurou was already immortal (not vampire-immortal since he/she has a reflection), it would make sense for his/her relatives to send him/her away on an impossible mission to keep him/her out of the picture ("Killing family(?) is bad, so aren't we merciful to that monster to let it live?"). It would also make sense for Eva to see through that and ... graphically point out the hypocrisy in Kurou's stance. It's one of the things she does best. That would make Kurou the self-loathing, monster-hunting monster, not too uncommon I think.

Edit: If Kurou wasn't already immortal, either the wound wasn't as bad as it looked (cheap) or chances are either Eva or Touta will turn Kurou immortal next week... which I don't see turning out well. Then again, I've been known to be wrong before...
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 08:00   Link #536
Tenzen12

In first place hunters doesn't know about Touta yet, nor that he is vampire. How many things could go awry if Kuro survived? Eva can kill him with easy, but could Touta do so as well?

For someone as pragmatic as Eva (I guess I will be switching between both names by need) eradicated threat in the bud, should be obvious solution, especialy as she take care for considerably weaker fosterling now.

And it might be better if Touta realised making friend is useless

Edit: Or he is not immortal but have healing factor.
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 08:22   Link #537
Kadi
知識の探求者

Eva also left the bounty hunter from chapter 1 alive, who knows. And anyone doing a background-check on her Yukihime identity would find out about Touta's existence and could probably find out about his immortality from his friends, or maybe even others in their village, with ease. No reason to scar and potentially ruin her relationship with Touta forever. This isn't the Urobutcher writing and there have been no indicators it would turn into such a grim manga, either. Not so soon and so sudden, anyway.

As for an (inhuman?) healing factor instead of immortality... yeah, works just as well.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 08:39   Link #538
dragon1412

The things is that whether Kurou is of human ancestry or not, Kurou said that he himself comes from Mars isn't it, there is a high chance that he's only a part human with other being of different ancestry, this could turn whether Kurou himself is already an immortal or will Touta turn him into one cause i can't see Eva saving Kurou life on her own accord.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 08:42   Link #539
Tenzen12

He didn't said he is from Mars, only from space and considering context he very likely meant space elevator city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Eva also left the bounty hunter from chapter 1 alive, who knows. And anyone doing a background-check on her Yukihime identity would find out about Touta's existence and could probably find out about his immortality from his friends, or maybe even others in their village, with ease. No reason to scar and potentially ruin her relationship with Touta forever. This isn't the Urobutcher writing and there have been no indicators it would turn into such a grim manga, either. Not so soon and so sudden, anyway.

As for an (inhuman?) healing factor instead of immortality... yeah, works just as well.

Oh, I forgot about that bounty hunter from first chapter, though it could be quite different. I mean he worked alone and I don't thing he would like spread how he failed and get beaten by kid. In other hands Kuro clans killing vampires indicriminately.

But I have to admit my argument lost lot of its weight. Let's see what will happen in next chapter.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-09-08 at 09:10.
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 09:29   Link #540
Fwarlord

Maybe Eva just thought Kurou is too cute to be man so she killed him off to revived him as a girl as well as gave him some kind of punishment for being arrogant enough to challenge an ancient vampire.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love