AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-22, 12:34   Link #701
Kadi
知識の探求者

Well, some people did think this would be Negima 2 and were disappointed after the first two chapters... *sigh*

Personally, I wouldn't mind this becoming some kind of Touta no Tabi/Touta's Journey, but I guess it's published in the wrong magazine for that... Oh, well, just reading Eva makes this a pleasure anyway. Who am I to complain.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 12:37   Link #702
chaosprophet

It is canon to Negima multiverse, but depending on the timeline it's a canon that don't matter much. If it's on the last timeline from Negima, then yeah it would be the actual future of Negima, although as it's a pretty distant one so like Tenzen12 said knowledge from Negima likely isn't needed to enjoy it.

If it is the Asuna is sleeping timeline or an alternative one, then things that happen on UQ may be able to be taken as likely to happen in Negima's future, if it isn't something caused specifically by the differences on the universe. Also if he reveal things that happens before the timeline diversion, then yes it would be canon to Negima. Some examples considering Asuna isn't around timeline:

If in UQ we learn that Negi, because he didn't had Asuna around, end up depending a lot more on Chisame which end up with him falling for her, then it's likely something we don't need to take as likely to happen after Negima end. If we learn Negi actually fell in love with Chisame but just with the normal amount of interactions he would also have if Asuna was around, then it would make an Chisame x Negi end more likely on the actual Negima. If UQ tells us who was the girl who was Negi favorite at that point just before the end of the manga, then that would be Canon as the timeline branches when Asuna comes from the future which is after Negi's revelation he had such feelings for someone. Another example, if the story happens to tell us things about some of the characters past, like Eva's past, which happens way before Negima, it would also be canon.
Old 2013-09-22, 13:05   Link #703
zamas

For now it seem to be canon with the end of Negima. Just the space elevator tend to prove it.

As for revealing who was Negi's favorite I'm not sure. Not knowing who he choose in the end allow us to speculate and to imagine whatever we want. So maybe Akamatsu sensei will keep it that way.

MC parents died for 3 possible reason : 1 - for hidding who Negi choose
2 - because of some secret (maybe it wasn't an accident)
3 - beacause it give a good reason for making MC travel around the world since he as no more familly apart from Eva which is hunted.
zamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 13:25   Link #704
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamas View Post
2 - because of some secret (maybe it wasn't an accident)
no bet on this ... they were assassinated by what most likely (from the scene we saw in the flashback) is daemons, or some powerful magician
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 13:30   Link #705
chaosprophet

Quote:
MC parents died for 3 possible reason : 1 - for hidding who Negi choose
I see! Rabid fanboys that didn't want their ships to sunk went there and killed the parents! xD

Jokes aside, it's pretty clear it wasn't an accident, as with Eva's short flashback to the parents death, they were impaled by many lance like things. And it's very likely this will come into play later on the story, as people are generally murdered for a reason.
Old 2013-09-22, 13:47   Link #706
zamas

I think so too. Being Negi children/grandchildren is a good enough reason to get killed. And Eva being there by coincidence seems unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I see! Rabid fanboys that didn't want their ships to sunk went there and killed the parents! xD

Jokes aside, it's pretty clear it wasn't an accident, as with Eva's short flashback to the parents death, they were impaled by many lance like things. And it's very likely this will come into play later on the story, as people are generally murdered for a reason.
In fact I have no favorite candidate for Negi's wife. I should have ended with a harem.I just thought like you that there must be a lot of fanboy out that Akamatsu-sensei didn't want to destroy there dream.
Old 2013-09-23, 11:26   Link #707
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Kurou is definitely a girl. What boy holds a towel like that?
Old 2013-09-23, 11:33   Link #708
moebius08

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Kurou is definitely a girl. What boy holds a towel like that?
Gasper from DXD?
moebius08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 12:25   Link #709
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebius08 View Post
Gasper from DXD?
Well, DXD is a different story and Gaspar is a different case (let us say he is special), so you can't compare this two.

Kurou is definitley a girl (I think............)
Old 2013-09-23, 12:50   Link #710
zamas

Hideyoshi from bakatotest ?
Old 2013-09-23, 13:22   Link #711
Gundamx

Quote:
Hideyoshi from bakatotest ?
Hideyoshi don't give shit
but other girls refuse to let him wear it as man
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 14:16   Link #712
ellifeedn
Thinker

Maybe if someone feels cold in the chest area...?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 14:26   Link #713
Breimoon

she is even covering her/his chest with the hand during the handshake in the onsen!!! Though her chest is really flat.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 18:40   Link #714
Tenzen12

His chest...
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 22:13   Link #715
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Well, some people did think this would be Negima 2 and were disappointed after the first two chapters... *sigh*

Personally, I wouldn't mind this becoming some kind of Touta no Tabi/Touta's Journey, but I guess it's published in the wrong magazine for that... Oh, well, just reading Eva makes this a pleasure anyway. Who am I to complain.
Kino doesn't have a harem... This should be titled Touta no shota harem
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 04:44   Link #716
Kadi
知識の探求者

So? This just might not have one either. From what I heard of Akamatsu's former works, the chances may be slim, but... ^^ Hell, even a total lack of romance (or love interests, for that matter) would be fine with me... just a nice story about two people traveling the world, experiencing the ins and outs of immortality. Okay, it's three by now. But hey, a man can dream, right? Dreams of Eva and/or Yukihime.... delicious. (I know, I know, there's possibly a tiny little bit wrong with me)
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 11:36   Link #717
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
His chest...
Still to be determined.

Regarding Kuroumaru, should the character turn out to be female, I'm hoping for a non-romantic angle. I think that may be what Akamatsu-sensei is setting up with how Touta and Kuroumaru are behaving together.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 12:31   Link #718
Tranhieu

And that's the 2nd time we've seen Eva getting taken off guard since the beginning of the series, seems like living 800 years and counting has taken a toll on her agility (slightly disappointed here).
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 12:39   Link #719
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Still to be determined.

Regarding Kuroumaru, should the character turn out to be female, I'm hoping for a non-romantic angle. I think that may be what Akamatsu-sensei is setting up with how Touta and Kuroumaru are behaving together.
If Touta is descended from Konoka and Kuroumaru from Setsuna and Kurou is a girl, i don't think that will be an option. Yuri is one thing for Shounen but not Yaoi.
Old 2013-09-24, 14:15   Link #720
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I agree Hideyoshi doesn't give a crap.

Kurou being shy about it is definitely suspicious.

Touta didn't get a face full of crotch(I don't think) when they met at the river, so chances are there.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love