Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-10-07, 13:44   Link #5881
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Soo, seeing as the anime is coming out, it finally spurned me to take a look at UQ Holder. I was previously putt off by tvtropes calling it darker and edgier, but it isn't that dark.
A good part of the Darker and edgier is that it 'abuses' the fact that the plot surrounds immortals, by not pulling any pounces by doing things that would otherwise kill everyone several times over...
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-07, 13:57   Link #5882
Malicre

I started reading UQ Holder for Touta's Journey and dropped the series once it turned into a negima sequel but i am glad that they aren't having any false advertising with the anime and are letting people know straight away that its a Negima sequel. Most of the cover art says UQ HOLDER NEGIMA SEQUEL, that at least let's the anime fans know right off the bat that it is indeed a sequel and not its own story.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-07, 14:12   Link #5883
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
I started reading UQ Holder for Touta's Journey and dropped the series once it turned into a negima sequel
It wasn't ever really a well kept secret that it was a sequel to Negima (Evangeline, and visiting Negi's grave should be major hints), only it wasn't advertised as such, due to disagreements (surrounding intellectual ownership of Negima IIRC) between Akamatsu and Kodansha
Old 2017-10-07, 14:28   Link #5884
Twi

There's been an update. Exactly how easy is it to hack into UQ Holders database if Evil Sis can do it too. But I could do without the guy fighting naked. And... and is that the Gamer-powers?
Old 2017-10-07, 20:58   Link #5885
Shippuu
┐(-。ー')┌

Well, I wasn't expecting the second flashback to come immediately after the first one, but I was still disappointed.
Holder continues to devalue old characters considering Cutlass is literally Homura, Koyomi, (Negi?) and Asuna thrown into the DNA blender with the Black of Venus to boot.
At least the side characters are finally getting some screen time.

Yukihime's Ialda class remark reinforces my belief that Ialda is just the Disc One Final Boss, and the story will continue after she is dealt with. There is still other "gods" to deal with, after all, and Ialda was just a demiurge anyway.
Shippuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-07, 21:22   Link #5886
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shippuu View Post
Well, I wasn't expecting the second flashback to come immediately after the first one, but I was still disappointed.
Holder continues to devalue old characters considering Cutlass is literally Homura, Koyomi, (Negi?) and Asuna thrown into the DNA blender with the Black of Venus to boot.
At least the side characters are finally getting some screen time.

Yukihime's Ialda class remark reinforces my belief that Ialda is just the Disc One Final Boss, and the story will continue after she is dealt with. There is still other "gods" to deal with, after all, and Ialda was just a demiurge anyway.
I hope Ialda is not the last boss. But we all know that Ialda is not overwhelmingly more powerful than other boss-tier characters. And after all the things that happened, I don't think we should put so much thoughts on the logic.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-07, 22:03   Link #5887
Twi

God-class isn't new. Remember, Sayoko was considered that class of revenant because she took in hundreds of thousands of souls and it chipped away at her sanity until she was just like Negi. Ialada just took in even more.... wait, was that foreshadowing?
Old 2017-10-08, 10:11   Link #5888
SilverGlavenus

Now that I've reread the chapter, it seems that Gengorou's power has something to do with games, seeing how he can "respawn" and see the stats and levels of others.
Old 2017-10-08, 13:39   Link #5889
Shippuu
┐(-。ー')┌

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
Now that I've reread the chapter, it seems that Gengorou's power has something to do with games, seeing how he can "respawn" and see the stats and levels of others.
That was already pretty much made clear in chapter 6. We didn't really learn anything new about him here other than the stats thing.
Shippuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-08, 16:24   Link #5890
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
...and now you can vote for your favor Negima 3A characters, one vote a day, at the UQ site until the end of October.
http://uqholder.jp/special/vote/

no surprise the leading characters
Spoiler for current vote results:

in that order, all regular leaders in past Negima voting, I cast my lot with Yue, might drop some votes later on for Akira and Ku Fei.
Spoiler for current vote results:
Old 2017-10-09, 03:45   Link #5891
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

One thing that's nice is that we now know 'for certain' that Eva is French (that she speaks French earlier on proved nothing since that wasn't uncommon even in non-French noble houses, specially in England and southern Italy), somewhere in Eastern France to be more exact.
Old 2017-10-09, 08:02   Link #5892
Tenzen12

Good we are back to plot and especialy to UQ holders band. Hopefuly it stay that way for while with Negi cast just making occasional cameo how it is supposed be.

Anyway I love these two guys.
Old 2017-10-09, 09:44   Link #5893
Ultragunner

would Touta get teleported back to HQ?
Considering Dana, that's totally plausible
and it doesn't feel right if either Cutlass wins or gets done in by those two. I'd be very disappointed if she escapes again though
Old 2017-10-09, 09:48   Link #5894
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Who's Negi's wife? Chisame?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 10:02   Link #5895
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Who's Negi's wife? Chisame?
That's right. And Kirie is happy about this (implying that megane girls maybe the winners)
Old 2017-10-09, 10:08   Link #5896
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Uheee, it wasn't alternate timeline stuff? I want Karin route
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 10:13   Link #5897
NapoleonDeCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
There's been an update. Exactly how easy is it to hack into UQ Holders database if Evil Sis can do it too. But I could do without the guy fighting naked.
Cutlass is working for Negi, and I wouldn't be shocked if this Negi also has his own Chisame to do hacking for him (again, I suspect we haven't seen the full extent of Negi's forces yet, it makes sense they're saving something for future confrontations). Even if not, Chisame could've left them with enough computer expertise, or Chachamaru might be even be a mole for Negi's team out of loyalty to him (and to Chisame/Chisame's memories). It wouldn't even be the first time Chacha is brought in as a sympathetic antagonist of sorts. I don't think this is the case, mind, and the hacking will most likely be left unexplained like so many other things, but it'd still be something interesting to see.

I could've done without the butthurt 'internet' gag, which most often is the type of kind to come from authors who can't take criticism, but otherwise this was an okay chapter giving some much needed panel time to two characters (Jinbei and Gengorou, Cutlass the Edgelady still can go jump into a ditch and stay there) who deserved better. And the manservice was fine, if we took the female fanservice we can take this too, it's just fair and square.
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 10:14   Link #5898
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Uheee, it wasn't alternate timeline stuff? I want Karin route
It is alternate timeline. Touta and co are looking at the happy ending of that timeline. The megane part is probably due to the author's fetish.
Old 2017-10-09, 11:59   Link #5899
XFire
150% done

Quote:
It is alternate timeline. Touta and co are looking at the happy ending of that timeline. The megane part is probably due to the author's fetish.
Well, for us it's the original timeline, since that's what we missed at the end of Negima.
Old 2017-10-09, 12:37   Link #5900
Tenzen12

Quote:
That's right. And Kirie is happy about this (implying that megane girls maybe the winners)
It's not just glasses, they have practically same personality too.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love