AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 10 Rating
Perfect 10 44 33.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 44.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-05-04, 04:00   Link #1061
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

ahh I see
Spoiler for NT4 stuff:
was scared. I suppose they really are scared of him. But for me, for unknown reasons.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 04:01   Link #1062
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

What if we get a six-page spread with everyone standing in front of Touma and Othinus, as a contrast to Touma standing alone in the darkness in NT9?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 04:15   Link #1063
The One Above God
Kamijou

i want to see a colored illustration of him about to have a clash with Gunha

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 04:45   Link #1064
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

i just want to see an illustration of misaki Breaking the hearts of both othinus and mikoto HARD, lol
Old 2014-05-04, 05:10   Link #1065
The One Above God
Kamijou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaizer View Post
i just want to see an illustration of misaki Breaking the hearts of both othinus and mikoto HARD, lol
you mean like Misaki kissing Touma all of a sudden right in front of Mikoto and Othi-chan? approved!

Old 2014-05-04, 05:18   Link #1066
Doc Astaroth

I want to see Misaki reading Touma's memories and going all "OTHINIUS, YOU B**H! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY CHILDHOOD FRIEND! I'M GOING TO END YOU!".

That said, do you think that Touma's memories would make him scary for a Mind Reader, because his mind is now an abyss of horrible experiences?
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 05:54   Link #1067
The One Above God
Kamijou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
I want to see Misaki reading Touma's memories and going all "OTHINIUS, YOU B**H! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY CHILDHOOD FRIEND! I'M GOING TO END YOU!".

That said, do you think that Touma's memories would make him scary for a Mind Reader, because his mind is now an abyss of horrible experiences?
yeah, definitely. wait, what if in the near future, touma learns to control IB and then when he fights a mind reader/telepath he will just turn off his telepathy negation (or somewhere along those lines) and let the telepath read his mind. then watch as the telepatch goes insane from all of touma's memories

Old 2014-05-04, 06:07   Link #1068
Mr_Magikarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
ahh I see
Spoiler for NT4 stuff:
was scared. I suppose they really are scared of him. But for me, for unknown reasons.
Because they can sense his plot armor, and figure that no matter what they throw at him, his fist will without fail say hello to their faces.
Mr_Magikarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 06:19   Link #1069
The One Above God
Kamijou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Magikarp View Post
Because they can sense his plot armor, and figure that no matter what they throw at him, his fist will without fail say hello to their faces.
they know that if they try to oppose the TouMAN, their face, specifically the left part, will automatically have an appointment with his right fist

Old 2014-05-04, 06:46   Link #1070
runset

Misaki have knowledge of Touma prior to his memory loss right? Is it possible for her to implant that memory to touma with her ability? Maybe from this touma get to know how his past self fight or maybe even know the alternative way to used IB.

Kamachi better make misaki as the main focus next vol for this.
runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 07:00   Link #1071
The One Above God
Kamijou

Quote:
Originally Posted by runset View Post
Misaki have knowledge of Touma prior to his memory loss right? Is it possible for her to implant that memory to touma with her ability? Maybe from this touma get to know how his past self fight or maybe even know the alternative way to used IB.

Kamachi better make misaki as the main focus next vol for this.
if misaki ever bypasses IB, what if misaki implants some fake memory like touma being engaged to her or something?

Old 2014-05-04, 07:29   Link #1072
runset

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
if misaki ever bypasses IB, what if misaki implants some fake memory like touma being engaged to her or something?
She can sent a telepathy to touma but Touma must never used his hand to touch his head or the telepathy will be erased.

So yeah, she can implant a fake memory too but i don't think misaki will ever do that to touma except for comedic purpose. Touma also have a tendencies to touch his head whenever something unfortunate happen to him. So it literally impossible to implant a permanent fake memory
runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 07:30   Link #1073
Mr_Magikarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
It was shown that mental manipulations do in fact work on Touma as shown with Aureolus, but they get dispelled immediately if he touches his head.
Mr_Magikarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 07:32   Link #1074
LevelSeven

Quote:
yeah.........NO
if touma has memories of the worlds which can break others than it can also break him....
that he isnt is because.......... (i repead myself)

Quote:
this makes sense

Quote:
they know that if they try to oppose the TouMAN, their face, specifically the left part, will automatically have an appointment with his right fist
not exactly, it is so:
if they oppose touma, god will help him, and in the end status quo will be back....
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 07:48   Link #1075
The One Above God
Kamijou

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
yeah.........NO
if touma has memories of the worlds which can break others than it can also break him....
ummm, it did break him.
and besides, it's not like all those memories were all poured into his head all of a sudden. he experienced them all first, one by one, until they all build up into this huge memory junk that would make anyone insane if poured onto one's head all of a sudden. if they slowly experience them all one by one, then their chances of going crazy lessens. that's one of the reasons why he's not going (more) insane right now.

Quote:
not exactly, it is so:
if they oppose touma, god will help him, and in the end status quo will be back....
i'm sorry but i don't even understand what you said here

Old 2014-05-04, 08:33   Link #1076
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
yeah.........NO

this makes sense

not exactly, it is so:
To be clear:

He did break.

He has IB which gives him more endurance and makes him able to withstand things even accelerator can't because he's more badass than he is (hoping to piss you of a bit) and because he's more strong than you can imagine. It doesn't mean it is impossible, it just means he's like other shonen heroes who survive ridiculous things. Stop complaining since every other shonen hero has gone through a similar sort of thing. Your argument isn't going to win anyone over.

Second of all, othinus isn't a god anymore and Aleister doesn't exactly seem to want to help him right now.

Third, was I the only one who saw the Einstein reference? Othinus shall not play with the dice. Einstein said god does not play with the dice when referring to science/math lol.

Fourth, kiharAs are scared because touma gets attention from Aleister and he's a level zero which makes him way weirder than accelerator and likely scares them a bit since his records are top secret in comparison to anyone else's records. Since as of NT7 the bank didn't even confirm his power...

And wwiii freaked out about him and now... Lol I can't wait to see touma beat the world and Misaka since the second one will be the most fulfilling one for a long time.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 08:42   Link #1077
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Third, was I the only one who saw the Einstein reference? Othinus shall not play with the dice. Einstein said god does not play with the dice when referring to science/math lol.
Good catch. It didn't make sense to me until you pointed it out. Einstein said that quote when he refused to believe in quantum mechanics: specifically commenting on probabilistic nature of particle physics; thus leading to the dice quote.
Old 2014-05-04, 08:59   Link #1078
Draco Spirit

Anyone else get the feeling Index is going to be the 'final boss' of this book?

She seems to have clicked Touma isn't doing this because Othinus cast a spell on him, which mean she likely reached the conclusion that Othinus has seduced Touma.... Super Beast Mode Index fulled by jealousy anyone?
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 09:01   Link #1079
desrtsku
Nympholept

I also expect Othinus to talk about how Touma's stupidity is infinite.
Old 2014-05-04, 09:15   Link #1080
The One Above God
Kamijou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
Anyone else get the feeling Index is going to be the 'final boss' of this book?

She seems to have clicked Touma isn't doing this because Othinus cast a spell on him, which mean she likely reached the conclusion that Othinus has seduced Touma.... Super Beast Mode Index fulled by jealousy anyone?
yep, whether for comical reasons or not, i think index is going to be the final boss

Tags
boss rush, denmark