AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-02-14, 20:53   Link #1
Icehawk

How much anime do you watch?

Since I first got into the anime fandom over 10 years ago, as I think about it, I am actually watching far more anime at once now than I ever used too. For the last 4 years or so Ive always had atleast... I would guess 5 various anime shows at a time to work away at. Some Ive gone through quick, while others, mostly the longer series, go on hiatus because something shorter but much sweeter keeps coming up and taking priority amongst the bunch.

Back in the day when I first started and before bitorrent and widespread broadband internet, I always had maybe 1 or 2 things here and there that I worked through.

Its kinda sad because I like to immerse myself into the shows that grab my interest and its harder to do that now when I have so many different shows at once that I really wanna see. Or even if I have the entire show and I get through it all, I dont have the time afterwords to let it all really sink in as much as I'd like because I end up just moving on to the next thing or getting back to a previously unfinnished series.

This combined with the fact that im starting to get older now (turning 25 this March) and with stressful work and other various real life issues, has actually started to get me a little depressed in a way. Anime is one of my primary escapes in life and theres so much out there that I want to see but so little time to see it in and really appreciate it it seems.

So how about everyone else here? How many various anime titles are you all currently juggling through in your daily life right now and how do you feel about it all having so much to choose from in this crazy stressfull broadband era?
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 20:56   Link #2
SilverHead
School Rumble Addict

Im following 4 anime serie right now

And if you wanna know how I feel about it ?!?!, I feel sooooo great :P
SilverHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 21:09   Link #3
Theowne
耳をすませば

I spend a lot of time on anime forums and anime imdb boards, but as for actually watching, I only watch a few episodes of anime a week, because there is not many ongoing series that interest me. However, every friday I do pick up an anime film (usually Ghibli) on my way back from school, which I watch that evening.

But it's different if there is a completed series that interests me that I decide to watch. For example when I watched the first season of Honey and Clover, it was already completed, but it really interested me and so I watched those much more frequently (until I completed it). And then there was Ouran High School Host Club, which I also enjoyed and watched in a sort of marathon style.

I watched anime far more frequently when I first got into it because back then all of the good series were new to me. By now a lot of what I consider the "must see" anime, I have already seen.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 21:17   Link #4
krusher

its the whole bit torrent

its just so easy, now there are so many fansub groups its just click click dl and you have lots to watch

before you would have to trade tapes or use irc/newsgroups which was a lot of work
krusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 21:57   Link #5
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Only following 32 series at the moment. I was following 43 last season, but some stuff ended and not enough decent stuff to replace it this season. As I've said in previous posts, it's really not that difficult to manage 20-30 series over a week since at most it would be two or three hours a day, which isn't really much. Can save up releases during the week and watch them all on a weekend, too. 3 eps = 1 hour, 30 eps = 10 hours. Good way to kill a lazy Sunday afternoon.
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 22:24   Link #6
Asrialys

If I had the time, it'd be almost every new series that comes out. But for now...

-Kanon 2006
-Chocotto Sister
-Manabi Straight
-Galaxy Angel Rune
-Fushigiboshi no Futagohime
-SHUFFLE! MEMORIES
-Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora
-Nodame Cantabile
-Soukou no Strain
-OtoBoku

R1 DVD
-Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
-Shakugan no Shana
-Utawarerumono
-Moon Phase
-Negima
-Onegai Teacher (rewatch)
-Onegai Twins (rewatch)

There's also a pretty long to-watch list.

And no, I don't have time to watch these. lol Stupid university ^_^; But you know, I'd actually be caught up with most of my downloads (haven't even started watching some I've downloaded) if I didn't spend so much time on the Internet on sites, even if there's no activity going on.
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 23:28   Link #7
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
I'm currently following 4 series

I watching it 2 episodes per day...(each series) (also depends on the release/s)
Old 2007-02-15, 01:04   Link #8
Takemaru
Helpfull Chibi

Send a message via MSN to Takemaru Send a message via Yahoo to Takemaru
I am watching over 12 eps per day. Over 5 hours. (At saturday and sunday maybe over 12 hours..yeah i know i am a bit crazy)

Currently following:

- School Rumble Second Semester
- Kanon (2006) (Waiting)
- Ergo Proxy
- Chrono Crusade
- Inukami (2 More eps then ends)
- Tokimeki Memorials *Only Love* (Waiting for more eps coming)
- Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo! (Waiting)
- Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai (3 More eps)
- Lovely Idol (Waiting)
- Manabi Straight
- Shuffle Memories
- Ghost Hunt
- Les Miserables
And more more, i got over 20Gt unwatched episodes in my computer.
Since i am in Highschool i got alot time to spend at computer.
Takemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 02:20   Link #9
Moon Eclipse

Currently following 31 anime series that are ongoing. This does not includes the "to d/l once the series is complete" list I have which contain another 4 series to date, or series that I already own and am rewatching to fill in time gaps between releases of new episodes
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 02:22   Link #10
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Huge variance... I may go a week or two not watching anything... then have a 4 or 5 hr stint. It kind of depends on my work schedule, commitments, and the availability of the latest sub for the series I'm on tap to watch.
Old 2007-02-15, 02:51   Link #11
Jiji
*Scanlator

Well, of course there's a variance according to the demands of life. But I'm currently collecting and *trying* to watch about 10 shows. But I'm motivated to watch about 5 of them as soon as I get them.
OTOH, I've got about 15 more shows that I've DLed and are finished, but I have yet to watch more than one episode of...
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 02:59   Link #12
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Depends. Aside from the ongoing shows that i am following (Which would be 13) i tend to watch anywhere between 6-10 episodes a day of the other (finished) shows i want to watch.

However, since i am vastly in control of my free-time schedule i am capable of setting up whole days of free time for myself ... in which case i might do a marathon and go for 20 or even more episodes, if the thing i am watching truly draws me in to the extent i know i won't be able to think straight if i don't get to see how it ends ...That was the case with Higurashi - i watched it all in one day.

As for watching the older series - i watch one series at a time. Sometimes i might follow 2 at a time... like now for example - i mainly watch Last Exile now, and i am throwing in 2 episodes of Inukami each day

Sometimes, though not often) i go for days without watching anything.
Old 2007-02-15, 03:20   Link #13
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
I am downloading the new episodes of about 7 ongoing series at the moment but only following one of them.
That is because:
a) I am - in contrast to most of you I guess - quite new to anime and right now I only watch the finished "must see"-series most of you have already seen.
b) Following multiple (let alone 30+) series at once doesn't seem right to me. You're jumping from one series to another throughout a week and in the end can't grasp the atmosphere of a single one. I think that way of watching would deprive many great series of their unique feel.
Old 2007-02-15, 03:35   Link #14
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

I started really watching Anime about 1 year ago.
though I had watched Dragon Ball and Love Hina before that, but had no clue what so ever about the Anime universe.

but now I'm watching a LOT of series.

I think I'm currently follow between 8-10 series and still I watch through other series that are finished all the time.
example yesterday:
watched the 5 episodes of Shuffle! memories
and then finished the last 15 episodes of Suzuka
(i usually don't watch that much, but I just wanted to finish the Suzuka- series.)

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 13:07   Link #15
Moon Eclipse

To be honest I've found that most of the series that I'm watching aren't worth the bandwidth, but I also supply anime to some friends that don't have high speed so... >.>;;

There's only a few that I really get into and I will watch and rewatch those multiple times to keep up to date on what's going on in the series.
Old 2007-02-15, 16:18   Link #16
lycantivis

Hmm my anime watching habits are different than most of yours I usualy only watch whole series. So I can dl the whole thing watch it while another is dling. I don't like to mix up series so i just watch one from start to finish. The number of animes I have watched tho is rather large. I have probly watched over 70 complete series/movies total. And thats just a guess of wat i have watched over the past 3 years.
lycantivis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 17:41   Link #17
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
For me, I've only got back into the anime craze since June 2006. The current setup for me right now is I follow one series as it airs and I watch two or three older ones at the recommendation of my friends who are more anime fanatics than I am.

According to my list of anime, I've touched upon 28 series, half of which I've completed. Here take a look (why AM I keeping this list? lol).

Spoiler for my list:
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 10:05   Link #18
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Angry

Damn school work is bothering my anime watching festival! Before it I was like watching 15 anime series but now I can only watch like 2 anime series....
Old 2007-02-17, 22:11   Link #19
TickTock

I only watch one series at a time, but that's often on the weekends, which means back to back episodes. I've gone through entire 24 episode series in a single sitting at times. Unfortunately, like right now, I find out there is a sequal to an old show I watched, which means I'll be splitting that story line with my current anime. >.<
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 02:19   Link #20
Moon Eclipse

lol I'm able to keep most anime that I follow straight... though every once in a while they get jumbled... >.>;; You'd be surprised how many have very similiar themes