AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 26 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 27 21.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 15.20%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 24.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 17.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 8.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.60%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.80%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.80%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 5.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-27, 03:19   Link #261
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I guess Vice just looks cool in that scene and that he beat out both Zafira and Chrono in having some relevance to the final fight...and making a path in the Cradle for Subaru and Teana to travel towards to instead of Chrono and his fleet taking their time to get to the location.
Old 2007-09-27, 06:15   Link #262
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
I guess Vice just looks cool in that scene and that he beat out both Zafira and Chrono in having some relevance to the final fight...and making a path in the Cradle for Subaru and Teana to travel towards to instead of Chrono and his fleet taking their time to get to the location.
I really wanted to see chrono in action
Old 2007-09-27, 08:25   Link #263
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I wanted to see Chrono do more than drink tea and sit in the captain's chair. But I guess his fate was to be in the series but play barely any role in things. Just another victim in the shafting of characters I guess.

At least Vice got a chance to redeem himself by pulling some nice moves before the end.
Old 2007-09-27, 10:24   Link #264
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-09-27, 10:28   Link #265
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Spoiler:
No, they're UNWILLING to cooperate, and that's why they're stuck in float prison, chained with single cells.

The rest are off in green prison because they've admitted their crimes and are willing to cooperate.

Though I doubt Jail will get that treatment even if he cooperated... maybe better treatment, but rehab green-house. But the rest? They can chalk it up to the Fate-argument really. Especially for them who are pretty much uneducated on human society.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-27, 10:57   Link #266
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
But the rest? They can chalk it up to the Fate-argument really. Especially for them who are pretty much uneducated on human society.
Oh yeah that was amusing to look at. I guess they were like "little kids" from the inside
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-09-27, 11:13   Link #267
Serenity85
Horo-ism

The only part that didn't make sense with the ending is LuLu's Mom.

Yes it's nice to see alive again (LuLu, despite her lack of development and slow decline from cool/badass get the job done without meaningless fights (which and I know why it was done (getting Lutecia's cooperation, being nice ppl^^) but my beef is with how it was done. Seriously up to this point its been about LuLu finding relic 11 (did she even find it anyway? I don't recall Jail saying he had it or TSAB for that matter) as it was key in reviving her mother yet it would seem TSAB can do the exact same thing without the need of the relic but only for her ... why not Zest or Regius? Seriouslly wth? Unless LuLu's Mom was not completely dead when Jail stuffed her in the tube she should have been in similar state of floating death that Alisa was in thus only Jail could bring her back but nowhere did it show him doing so. And what about the rest of the test tube girls, are they just chop meat now?

It was still an overall good end even if what was seen didn't make sense^^
Old 2007-09-27, 14:18   Link #268
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Im betting that jail has been lying to lulu all along about the whole "find relic 11 and your mother shall be revived" just to get the cooperation he needed.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-27, 15:39   Link #269
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Im betting that jail has been lying to lulu all along about the whole "find relic 11 and your mother shall be revived" just to get the cooperation he needed.
That still doesn't solve the issue of how she was able to be brought back to life. I find it hard to believe she was merly just sleeping in that tube when it would seem she should be dead.
Old 2007-09-27, 16:44   Link #270
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity85 View Post
That still doesn't solve the issue of how she was able to be brought back to life. I find it hard to believe she was merly just sleeping in that tube when it would seem she should be dead.
Then deny it. Curse those stupid writers that made this show like this.

Heck, the characters with names death count in a school life romance is higher than this show that has a plot involving destroying government buildings and giga warships.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-09-27, 16:49   Link #271
aldw

Gin was floating in a tube before she was reprogrammed by Scaglietti, didn't mean she was dead though...
Old 2007-09-27, 16:57   Link #272
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
Gin was floating in a tube before she was reprogrammed by Scaglietti, didn't mean she was dead though...
The time amount spent in it is far too different. Ginga was in for an episode or two, Lutecia's mom was in it for ? years. Plus, Ginga wasn't killed by Cinque-tachi, but it is unknown for Lutecia's mom who faced those spider drones.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-09-27, 17:57   Link #273
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Well I don't curse the writers completely for StrickerS as I did enjoy the show overall (about a 7/10 for me) but I can't deny the fact 7arcs shafted over so many potentially great characters (Lutecia & crew were so good at the start but they went the way of the dinosauars and disappeared only to be brought out at the end to have their stories rushed with so many gaps and holes it seemed way out of place, like Lutecia's Mom's merical revival (why she's in a wheel chair is another lose end that I can only theorize is that she's still to weak to walk...))

There were others that felt the shaft syndrome that I can't forgive 7arcs for: Hayate & Crono. They built up Hayates uber character in A's only to rarely use her is SS. And poor Crono, sadly he should have just stayed with Carim drinking tea. Seriously he had no major role that couldn't be filled with someone else and what about he apparent family? What happened to them hmmm. Erio & Caro are another example but I'll let this pass as I didn't really care for their characters to much and I only really remember them because they appeared along side Lutecia and Erio happenes to mimic another character (female) from a game I'm playing who IS useful and cool. What happened to their tag team skills like the giant blade slash? Another victam of shaft syndrome and poor development. There were 2 others a dog and a ferret but I can't seem to remember them ^_-

Now the dreaded event I've been holding off ... till now, Vivio. Personally I didn't mind her character and her personality was well suited for her age... She filled the role of getting close to Nanoha so that her eventual capture would tug at Nanoha's heart strings which she did successfully... The problem we had with her was her use of NxF fanservice and she failed as a formidable foe. Ppl have to admit had she not provoked NxF moments and just did what she was meant to do I feel we wouldn't have hated her as much as we did. The other issue is she was no real final boss. The fight just wasn't epic like past seasons but it did provide a nice tender moment afterwards.

... phew thats a lot of typing ... and I still have a theory revolving around 7arcs trying to re-invent the wheel ie. a mash of S1 & S2 and failing thus giving birth to StrickerS ... but I really really don't feel like typing anymore right now. Maybe later if ppl really really wanna hear it^^

I still give it a 7/10 as I'm a big Fan of Nanoha but I won't deny the fact I'm disappointed.
Old 2007-09-27, 18:16   Link #274
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The time amount spent in it is far too different. Ginga was in for an episode or two, Lutecia's mom was in it for ? years. Plus, Ginga wasn't killed by Cinque-tachi, but it is unknown for Lutecia's mom who faced those spider drones.
She was perhaps critcally wounded in action and Cinque brought her to the doctor for safekeeping.
Old 2007-09-27, 18:38   Link #275
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
She was perhaps critcally wounded in action and Cinque brought her to the doctor for safekeeping.
Perhaps, but we have no proof of this, no hints .... nothing. Its left to are imaginations as to her fate. And for that matter what did jail intend to do with her for that matter, at least 4 yrs have past and yet she remained untouched just floating in that tube.

Blame it on poor writing ...... sigh
Old 2007-09-27, 20:50   Link #276
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

That was probably the plan...although we dont know if Lutecia was a biological copy of Lutecia's mom or an direct offspring, if she was direct offspring. Then she was probably raised by relicfied Zest and then she was brought to Jail's lab. Of course, Jail had plenty of time to plant one of his seeds into Lutecia's mom womb and perform random experiments...but thought keeping her in the jar would be the better recourse in case he loses not one but 3 arms...
Old 2007-09-27, 20:58   Link #277
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Lutecia IS Megane's daughter, flesh and blood, direct and simple before any of the Jail fiasco ever happened. Uno herself said so, so there IS NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

As for Megane waking up without Relic #11, Lutecia did say that undergoing treatment, even without Relic #11, she could wake up in time. From the way it's said, it does seem that Relic #11 CAN wake Megane up. But it was not the only way.

Jail simply didn't tell Lutecia the easier, more conventional, but less weapon-in-mind method since even after waking up, she does need wheelchairs and I doubt Jail wants an artificial mage with a weak body from 8 years of sleep. So, it's not like he lied, I think. Just that he didn't tell her the entire truth and simply told the one which gave him the most benefits.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-27, 21:31   Link #278
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

I see...and I can see why he need #11, mainly because he wants something that could amplify Megane's Belkan summoning to a point where it will pale in whatever Caro had in her arsenal. Such a shame he had to go the Cradle route...
Old 2007-09-28, 00:23   Link #279
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Just that he didn't tell her the entire truth and simply told the one which gave him the most benefits.
Smart choice. He does see everything as tools... probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Such a shame he had to go the Cradle route...
It would have been a BORING season without him. Think 26 episodes of training and random fanservice talking...

*shivers*

Scary!

Old 2007-09-28, 00:32   Link #280
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Wasn't her name Alphino or something?
Closed Thread