AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-14, 14:27   Link #841
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Oh, well that explains all that I guess.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 10:44   Link #842
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Was it ever mentioned what happened to her dad? I know her mom is an invalid but you'd think he would do something.

That would be interesting if they gave her to her father to be placed under "house" arrest.
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 12:19   Link #843
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That he was currently on the Britannian mainland and that they had to keep his position secret. I don't know if that means he is important or that they hadn't decided yet. Her family doesn't seem to be that well known or powerful so I'd be rather surprised if he ended up being someone with a very good position.

That is probably what would happen to her. If she isn't rescued, we'll probably enter into an arc involving her for whatever reason.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-18, 12:22   Link #844
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

I dunno if there is time for an arc inviolving her, especially when they haven't even begun to go into much of the Geass stuff. I just don't want the ending to feel rushed because they try to jam everything in there at the end.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 12:31   Link #845
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

I doubt that they'll fail to rescue her. Like many have stated there to much to cover too waste on a rescue arc.

Also he should start being rewarded(or dumped on less anyway)for being less of a devious bugger now that he actually fighting for more than his sister and has started caring for other people. Kudos to the man for not just geassing the poor Loli but trying to talk her into it.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 13:00   Link #846
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It seems likely to me that we'll see her back in Britannia though. Besides, given her importance they do need to give her an arc at some point. And I don't think it's possible to not have a rather rushed ending at this point with everything going on. At least the romance is well on its way though they need to make it clear with Kallen soon enough. Episode 12 seems like a good opportunity.

Old 2008-06-18, 16:06   Link #847
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
It seems likely to me that we'll see her back in Britannia though.
Well, I suppose so - through it doesn't necressarilly involve her being captured - through it seems very likely so far.

Quote:
Episode 12 seems like a good opportunity.
Assuming that she even appears there, I suppose

Well, her being captured and appearing in Britannia opens some interesting possibilties though. Maybe she'll learn something important about Lelouch in Britannia (since spoilers hints at that a Britannia arc will be about the royal family to some extent - and where might she learn more about Lelouch if not in Britannia?), or maybe she'll discover something important to the plot while being there - or, heck, she might even manage to steal and escape with a knightmare that is equipped with a nuclear engine (since this is apparently what Nina's research was originally about, it might still be - a knightmare running on near-endless energy is a powerful weapon as well) which hepls nullify any advantage Britannia might gain over the OotBk this way.

Of course, her being captured leaves some less pleasant possibilities as well.. <_<
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 16:13   Link #848
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

She has to know more about him since she's the LI or else it won't make sense. She'll probably even learn some huge thing that vastly contributes to the plot in the end. She could become heavily involved in the Geass plot and that whole Cult that was mentioned.

As for stealing a Knightmare, let's stick with the Guren.

As for your rather odd fears about something bad happening, it can all be easily resolved to give her and Lelouch a good ending.

Old 2008-06-18, 16:34   Link #849
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
She has to know more about him since she's the LI or else it won't make sense. She'll probably even learn some huge thing that vastly contributes to the plot in the end. She could become heavily involved in the Geass plot and that whole Cult that was mentioned.
Well, I expect her to learn more about him at the very least. From who, though, we don't know, thugh we can count in several possiiblites, such as Anya, Schneizel, Cornelia - or one of the new royals even. Dunno about her becoming involved with the Geass cult though...

Quote:
As for stealing a Knightmare, let's stick with the Guren.
I suppose so

Quote:
As for your rather odd fears about something bad happening, it can all be easily resolved to give her and Lelouch a good ending.

Well... I certainly hope so.
Old 2008-06-18, 16:45   Link #850
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Well, I expect her to learn more about him at the very least. From who, though, we don't know, thugh we can count in several possiiblites, such as Anya, Schneizel, Cornelia - or one of the new royals even. Dunno about her becoming involved with the Geass cult though..

Well... I certainly hope so.
Like I said, as the LI she has to learn more about Lelouch. She needs to pretty much know more about him and his feelings than anyone else. She could meet Nunnally as well and they could even do some bonding so that Nunnally thinks Kallen is good for her brother.

I don't know about Cornelia, but she has to show up some time. I don't exactly think she'll be all focused on killing Lelouch either for some reason. Through Kallen talking with Anya, we could have Kallen learn more about Lelouch as well as Anya's link to him. She really is critical I guess because she'll be the key to all the mysteries.

No "uhoh". You'll be fine. You picked the right girl to like and support. She is guaranteed a happy ending.

Old 2008-06-18, 17:18   Link #851
Meatrose
Antihero

Well, I don't see a Kallen-related arc coming up to be honest. I too have the feeling that she'll end up in Britannia, and sure... she might get some screentime over there, but there's no need for an entire arc focusing on that. A storyline of this kind doesn't have to be a compilation of different arcs, an episode can always focus on different characters in different locations. Sure, we're witnessing a China-arc right now, but all the main characters are present there so there's no need to show us what's going on in, let's say Ashford, since nothing important is happening there at the moment.
Old 2008-06-18, 17:35   Link #852
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Then one or two episodes devoted to her like Episode 9 of season 1 could work with minimal scenes with Lelouch and the others.

Old 2008-06-18, 17:47   Link #853
Aquaman OS

The only reason I see her going to Britannia is to force her a connection the Geass arc by using her in Project R (which honestly I won't mind, whatever will let her go against Suzaku is fine with me normalcy be damned). However I think she'll be saved.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 17:53   Link #854
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That could very well happen, but I'd rather she not be used for such a thing. I'd prefer she beat Suzaku on her own without needing to be enhanced. She does need to be heavily involved in the Geass aspect of the plot though so she probably needs to be captured (which seems very likely) in order to make her a large part of it.

Old 2008-06-18, 18:20   Link #855
Meatrose
Antihero

Why would her getting captured mean that she could be heavily involved in the Geass-related part of the plot? I don't think they would "go Jeremiah" on her since she's the only main character that hasn't been enhanced in any way. We know that there's an unknown explanation for Suzaku's abilities, Lelouch is incredibly smart (almost frighteningly so) but he's also wielding a supernatural power, C.C. is the immortal source of that supernatural power, and Kallen is pretty much the "normal" human being who simply got this far on determination, willpower and hard work. It would be a waste to "enhance" her in my opinion. Sure, it would probably give her an edge, but I think it would ruin one of the aspects of her character.

Anyhow, I can't really see how her ending up in Britannia would involve her in the Geass-related aspects of the show. Care to explain? My imagination decided to go to bed about an hour ago.
Old 2008-06-18, 18:24   Link #856
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Probably, but she would still have the other aspects of her character which is her relationship and loyalty with Lelouch.

Because Britannia is where the last battle will likely be and thus where a lot of Geass events will take place.

Old 2008-06-18, 18:42   Link #857
Meatrose
Antihero

Be that as it may, though I'd still prefer for her to remain... unaltered. That might be me hoping for too much though, since her ending up in captivity would probably change her in some way.
Old 2008-06-18, 18:44   Link #858
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'd prefer it as well since it would get rid of the one thing about Kallen that I actually like. And I don't think her being captured will affect her too much, except in a good way.

Old 2008-06-18, 18:59   Link #859
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday
Like I said, as the LI she has to learn more about Lelouch. She needs to pretty much know more about him and his feelings than anyone else. She could meet Nunnally as well and they could even do some bonding so that Nunnally thinks Kallen is good for her brother.
Well, possibly

Quote:
I don't know about Cornelia, but she has to show up some time. I don't exactly think she'll be all focused on killing Lelouch either for some reason. Through Kallen talking with Anya, we could have Kallen learn more about Lelouch as well as Anya's link to him. She really is critical I guess because she'll be the key to all the mysteries.
Dunno if she'll be the key, but I guess she might up being the one giving Lelouch a good idea of who the key really is.

Quote:
No "uhoh". You'll be fine. You picked the right girl to like and support. She is guaranteed a happy ending.
Wwell, hopefully so...

Quote:
I'd prefer it as well since it would get rid of the one thing about Kallen that I actually like.
Hmm, and what's this one thing about her that you rather like? That in comparison to the other three main characters, she's the most normal one (Lelouch has a Geass, Suzaku's strenght and physical abilties are hinted at being of supernatural origin and C.C. is an immortal with a number of powers (telepathy and mind-affecting stuff to name a few)? (meaning that if she was altered in some way like Orange-kun, she'd no longer be the most normal out of the bunch)
Old 2008-06-18, 19:04   Link #860
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

She critical to the plot so she has to do all these things like be the one who gives Lelouch the key to the mystery of it all and probably comforts him through the truth (which will probably lead to other things happening as well for the pleasure of fans). Enough with the icons. I know you're happy.

I don't consider her that normal since no one in this show that is important is normal. She's an ace which makes her special, be it through hard work or not.