AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

Old 2008-08-02, 10:49   Link #201
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
well Yall should watch the season 2 OVA's......(technically ep 23-24...or is it 25-26....i forget)
but well their relationship is pushed a little further.....not much but it's a funny episode and kinda cute at the same time XD
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 14:38   Link #202
Solafighter
Hige

I just started the first season. The opening and ending song is brilliant.

Mh, i just read,

2 seasons, one special, one movie? Or is there even more? I just want to be sure, that i wont miss one episode.
Old 2008-08-08, 06:16   Link #203
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

There is also an old OVA (5 episodes, alternative vision of manga) and Adventures of Mini-Goddesses (spin-off comedy series).
Kleo Scanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 02:04   Link #204
Onchuu_Norin
Clandestine Otaku

Cool

The first series of Ah! My Goddess was great. After the first time the series, Oh! My Goddess appeared, I didn't think they were going to make a remake. I even remember the Oh! My Goddess movie with the Belldandy losing her memories and captured by her old teacher, Celestin. Man, that was classic. Those were good times.
Onchuu_Norin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 11:42   Link #205
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

it's funny to go back and watch both seasons again u can notice a def. Animation change from 1st to second lol
Old 2008-08-10, 11:44   Link #206
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onchuu_Norin View Post
I even remember the Oh! My Goddess movie with the Belldandy losing her memories and captured by her old teacher, Celestin. Man, that was classic. Those were good times.
yeah, i agree. I really liked that movie a lot, in fact I preferred it to the actual anime. I havnt gotten my hands on the manga though.. as much as id like to. those certainly were good times
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 00:16   Link #207
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

the manga is awesome, but still ongoing. it's at like chapter 239 or something I believe
Old 2008-08-16, 18:41   Link #208
Ryuujin

That one song from the last few episodes is kickass...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 10:21   Link #209
Solafighter
Hige

I just finished the first season of it.

Its well maded. The characters are all interesting and react, like they would react.

Animes like Ah My Goddess i cant find on every corner cause series like this, have the special of beeing realistic and fantastic.

I like it and will start the 2nd season with the movie, soon.
Old 2008-08-18, 00:00   Link #210
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

2nd Season is said by some to be "really bad" i mean it's not as good as first but it's still a fun watch.
i think people watch AMG expecting epic plot and mecha battles or something.....cuz it's really for light and easy watchers IMO
Old 2008-08-18, 12:41   Link #211
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

I love the second season more than the first one. If we forget about episode 22.
Old 2008-08-23, 11:24   Link #212
Sebastien

This serie is the best ever in my book, nothing compares to it for its genre. The music is sublime and a dream for my ears, and the characters are very charming, all of them. The beautiful drawings and the animation style suits this masterpiece like no others.
Sebastien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 22:47   Link #213
Didn't I C U @ Con?

Kleo--I agree that episode 22 was dark and about as emotionally painful as watching someone stomp on puppies for 22 minutes. However, the ending really got me to notice that Hild actually WON. Belldandy had given up and her rage was taking over. Hild had used B's jealousy against her and she was going to go over to the other side, but Keiichi stepped in and interrupted her anger. I've always thought that Belldandy was always too willing (more so in the manga) to deal with Hild on a personal basis, rather than just avoiding her--kinda like playing with dynamite. Hild is smart, powerful, and dedicated to her job. Bel is sweet, loving, and rarely able to push back in the 2nd season. Ep 22 was not my favorite by far, but it was the one that gave me the most to think about.
Didn't I C U @ Con? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 10:58   Link #214
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

I'm just a fan of the AMG manga, so I strongly dislike most of anime-only inventions. Ep 22 was one of such things. And besides being totally out of AMG-verse, it had a lot of plot holes.
Old 2008-09-09, 00:03   Link #215
Didn't I C U @ Con?

My introduction to the series was through the anime, so my preferences tend to have that bias. I can see how the deviation from the manga gets frustrating. At least there aren't three unrelated tellings, like Tenchi Muyo. I've read about 40 of the AMG manga so far, and I was surprised at how well they were adapted to the anime. Changes here and there, of course, but overall a good retelling. Not to mention the advantage of the drawing continuity that comes from not being stretched out over 20 years.

Now I'm getting into the manga, but the voices in my head as I read it will always match the anime. The manga can only draw out how important music is to the story, but the anime let you listen. I hope they eventually come up with a third season--maybe incorporating the parents or the racing queen arcs.
Old 2008-09-17, 20:34   Link #216
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

i get the feeling that there is not enough manpower behind animes to keep up with the pace we watch them >.< So many good animes were left unfinished, with a very slim chance of any production company to pick them up again =(
Old 2008-09-18, 22:26   Link #217
Didn't I C U @ Con?

Ever been tempted to make non-canon cosplay-type no-budget movies to continue one of those discontinued lines? I've thought that it could be fun.

There's a lady at my bank with natural red hair down to her calves. What live-action version of an anime couldn't use an actress like that?
Old 2008-09-19, 00:07   Link #218
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
i get the feeling that there is not enough manpower behind animes to keep up with the pace we watch them >.< So many good animes were left unfinished, with a very slim chance of any production company to pick them up again =(
A third season is confirmed by fujishima himself, but OVA/Movie/series and when is unknown
Old 2008-09-19, 02:50   Link #219
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
A third season is confirmed by fujishima himself, but OVA/Movie/series and when is unknown
Where and when did he confirm it?
(Been offline for several days)
Old 2008-09-19, 02:51   Link #220
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Ehm, where ? Link, please.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote