AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-02, 07:34   Link #20541
HasuMasu
*Artist

It's easy to say that it didn't do anything, it's not like we saw its effects in more than 1 battle.

And since Volume 7 is the last until further notice...
Old 2012-02-02, 07:38   Link #20542
Eratas123

According to Tatenashi, she's most likely been Rank S for a while now. Has this had any noticeable effect since she got Akatsubaki? Nope:/
Old 2012-02-02, 07:38   Link #20543
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ichika needs roughly 23 minutes for the first shift to kick in (13 in fanon), while Houki, supported by Tabane, reached first shift in roughly 7 minutes (at least that's what Tabane claimed).

Yeah, talk about nepotism

@ Box
I just don't like when something is stated as important yet disregarded as unimportant later, and really, is there's any reason to let Houki jump over two ranks just because that allowed the asspull overpowered weapon to materialize?

Chifuyu might said it isn't THAT important because overtime the sync level will climb, as long as you keep improving yourself. But once again, jumped three times is plain mean.
Old 2012-02-02, 07:43   Link #20544
Eratas123

I wonder what would happen if a guy (Not Ichika) tried to physically put on the suit? Would it collapse?
Old 2012-02-02, 07:44   Link #20545
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Maybe the suit wouldn't react at all, this the I.S. become nothing but superheavy armor (that doesn't cover your torso, natch).
Old 2012-02-02, 07:48   Link #20546
Eratas123

Would the IS pilot suit protect against water, heat, electricity etc etc?
Old 2012-02-02, 07:48   Link #20547
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
I wonder what would happen if a guy (Not Ichika) tried to physically put on the suit? Would it collapse?
On the guy, most likely.
Old 2012-02-02, 07:51   Link #20548
Eratas123

I'm surprised no one's tried to make the weapons more portable and distribute them to the army.
Old 2012-02-02, 08:02   Link #20549
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Err... the climax of the story is a little too....err....original machine bashing?

Can it be justified since the enemy is insane and is just saying out his madness mantra? Because the main characters would just treat him as insane.

How bad is it?

Mind rape level

yea..... I review that scene in my head...

Unrelated note:
I got two new books, one on baby names and one on body language. yay?
Old 2012-02-02, 08:06   Link #20550
Eratas123

@ Treme - if the other characters call him out on being a brat/baby about then yes, it's okay. This is how the cast react whenever Kazuma says something negative about the IS.

@ Senpai - No answer to previous question? I know they protect from light bullets, but what else?
Old 2012-02-02, 08:08   Link #20551
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Would the IS pilot suit protect against water, heat, electricity etc etc?
At least water is not (it was designed to absorb sweat), dunno with the later, but I doubt there's any cloth that is truly fireproof.

Quote:
I'm surprised no one's tried to make the weapons more portable and distribute them to the army.
I once propose that theory, which you said is uncertain as the only man-portable I.S. weapon seen are Natasha's wings and Uchigane Sword carrier by Chifuyu. Given time, canon MIGHT explore into this region.

In mine, there's always a price followed. Besides being heavy as fuck, I.S. weapon are notorious for high recoil (in case of solid projectile weapon) or high energy requirement. The problem of the former is that to find alternative power for PIC, which is energy hogging by itself.

Joshua for example has his rifle mounted into a superheavy tripod with complex recoil-absorbing mechanism, while Natasha use a pair of large battery to power the wing weapon (at semi automatic instead of rapid barrage).

Still, miniaturized version does exist and alternative approach is widely used (such as improved ammunition, stronger frame, or other enhancement for existing weapon design)
Old 2012-02-02, 08:12   Link #20552
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Err.... they treat him as a psychopath....

I won't blame them.
Old 2012-02-02, 08:14   Link #20553
Eratas123

@ Senpai - That sounds like it's kinda counter productive. Anyway, do you think there's such a thing as a full body IS suit?

Heavy? Ichika and the cast members partial summon their weapons all the time and use them. I don't see any of them having difficulty doing it.

Side note - Just to tell you: Canon shows that Kanzashi's IS is a ring on her finger. I'm changing it to her hairclips, but you might need this info if you include her in ST.

@ Treme - Hence why it's justifiable. Kazuma's 8 years old, so they rarely take his "I hate IS raar!" comments seriously....then they find out why.
Old 2012-02-02, 08:20   Link #20554
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Not really counter productive. Think of this, you have this FN P90, but due to advanced material caused by the invention of the I.S., body armor become much better, as the result, you have a light submachinegun that is practically impotent.

What do you need? More powerful ammo, with more solid penetrator for taking care of the pesky armor. To compensate, better material is needed for the frame, as well as more complex recoil dampening mechanism.

Works like above, but practically applied to anything. To the point that even normally harmless 20mm vulcan can be a threat to I.S. given sufficient barrage.

Full body I.S. suit? Isn't Chifuyu using it in White Knight incident?

Side note - Rings? Nah, I prefer the hair-clip idea, ring sounds too generic. Depend on Blitz reaction though.
Old 2012-02-02, 08:25   Link #20555
Eratas123

Can you take someone like M or Arachne seriously if they come out and fight in those skimpy swimsuits? I'd be too busy laughing to feel scared.

How the heck does Cecilia partial summon and use that sniper of hers with no recoil or difficulty in aiming whatsoever?

Side note - I use it because it looks like it's part of her IS.

Side note 2 - How many IS pilots do you think a badass Ichika could take before dying? All of them are mook level.
Old 2012-02-02, 08:32   Link #20556
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Dokuganryu Ichika will take 10 or more like... really easy. My version limit his enemies to 5, assuming they have the same level of fighting skill as himself (he has both superior body and unit), if they're less skilled than than him, the number increased.

During Madoka confrontation arc, he fought seven mooks but largely on defense, with liberal dose of evasion, only able to take two enemies before reinforcement came and curbstomp the rest.
Old 2012-02-02, 08:33   Link #20557
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
How the heck does Cecilia partial summon and use that sniper of hers with no recoil or difficulty in aiming whatsoever?
For my fic, it's mostly rule of cool. Then again, I'm pretty sure Personal IS pilots (aside from Ichika) would have some degree of training in engaging in partially deployed IS units.

Edit: Too ill to start on Chapter 10... Logging off for now.
Old 2012-02-02, 08:35   Link #20558
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'm more keen into the idea that PIC still working, why else Rin can punch the floor and not shatter her arm? This MIGHT explain why Ichika survived Cecilia punch in the beach incident, and the fact that Rin punched him repeatedly in golem scene and he's not even scratched.
Old 2012-02-02, 08:40   Link #20559
Eratas123

@'Stratos - Oddly enough, she actually seems to have sniper training. She leaves the posistion after every shot and does things a normal sniper does.

@'Senpai - Do you know Crisis core? I planned to have Ichika fight nearly an army of mass produced IS before getting killed. This is the bad future, so this is a given. Unfortunately, Kazuma saw this and became scared of the IS as a result. This is also the one that made him stop being an emotionless boy (He cried afterwards for Ichika when he told him to run and not get caught).

Chifuyu used a full body suit? Anyway, does Ichika ever use anything other than or upgrade from Byaku-shiki? He needs more than that to go on.

If the IS gets damaged/cracked, do you think this would carry over to the partial form like it getting cracks or missing pieces?
Old 2012-02-02, 08:53   Link #20560
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I don't know crisis core, but I know that's Zack CMOA.

He'll just gain more and more sword (until the last one, anti-golem sword, appear in V7 arc).

As for training, still the same (Houki for close combat, Madoka for shooting, Cecilia for aerial combat maneuver, Rin for tactics and strategy, and Charles as his sparring partner).

The damage? By theory, they shouldn't.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest