AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-08, 06:47   Link #181
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I decided to actually read the 6-page bonus chapter, and while there isn't much info about the show, there are some interesting bits.

As I previously mentioned, the manga author actually went with the anime staff to do location scouting for the anime, here she goes into more detail about that trip. It was a one week trip to the Middle East with the director and some of the other anime staff. They visited three countries in total - Jordan, Turkey, and Israel. While in Jordan, they visited the Petra Ruins in the desert. In Turkey they were in Istanbul, scouting out architecture which gave off Arabian Nights vibes. For Israel, they were mostly taking references of old city alleyways (probably in Jerusalem). They also brought back various items from the trip to use as reference for prop designs in the anime, like a sheath for curved daggers, and so on.

It seems they're pretty positive about doing a good job with the adaptation, so hopefully it pans out!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 07:50   Link #182
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I want to see the sulking Mor ( -.-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Not pouting?
Sulking or pouting doesn't really matter, just want moar Mor!

But that stuff doesn't come till later on so portraying how Mor is to begin with is better I think, paints a picture that won't throw people off too much to begin with.
Don't want to give the people that react to things too emotionally something to needlessly rage about, you know what they say "a picture can say a 1000 words"
There would be blood about how they don't have their happy Mor!
Old 2012-07-09, 10:20   Link #183
Katapan
俺様祭り

Doesn't look like this spread will announce any of the staff either. >_<
Old 2012-07-09, 10:49   Link #184
OPN

Man their really trying to keep the staff under wraps usually by now some are at least announced...hopefully it wont be too long till we find out.
Old 2012-07-09, 14:30   Link #185
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Ah, now that's a MUCH better pic of Morgiana .
Old 2012-07-09, 14:35   Link #186
tsunade666

I can't see Mor clearly on that picture while Aladin was clear (like I care much about the brat )

Is that an example of to be expected animation right? then its look good.
Old 2012-07-09, 14:43   Link #187
Kazu-kun

Aladin looks a bit derpy IMO but Alibaba and Morgiana look great. I can't wait for this to air.
Old 2012-07-09, 15:10   Link #188
tsunade666

Alibaba was meant to be cool and Morgiana is to be cute while Aladin is meant to be stupid who loves big ones
Old 2012-07-10, 01:29   Link #189
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The official Magi twitter account shared this: http://twitvideo.jp/contents/img/07i8j

Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-10, 01:58   Link #190
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Dangit, why do these pics shaft Mor? ;-; Especially when she's looking so awesome in that 2nd pic, and yet she's cut off by that other magazine.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 02:12   Link #191
Kazu-kun

Morgiana looks awesome there. I sorta want Hanakana to voice her, or maybe Chiwa Saito.
Old 2012-07-10, 08:36   Link #192
OPN

They really are trying to promote this aren't they? Well at least their trying to make it a hit so hopefully the promotion pays off in the end.
@lowergear blame the fujoshi fans who this is being targetted towards too (probably) :P.
Old 2012-07-10, 08:53   Link #193
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
They really are trying to promote this aren't they? Well at least their trying to make it a hit so hopefully the promotion pays off in the end.
@lowergear blame the fujoshi fans who this is being targetted towards too (probably) :P.
You're definitely right about the fujoshi targeting. I should probably mention that the two mags which only have Aladdin and Alibaba illustrations are PASH and Otomedia, both mags are targeted towards female audiences. The "normal" magazines like Animedia and Otona Animeda both had all 3 leads in their poster illustrations.

As for the promotion on Magi, this is definitely something that Aniplex and Shogakukan are taking very seriously. They want this to be a huge hit. The main objective here is not just to make the anime itself popular, but for there to be a big mainstream push to raise awareness of the manga to drastically increase the manga sales of Magi.

The previous volume of Magi (12) sold about 130k copies. That's not really that great for a shounen manga of this quality, so they're probably hoping for a huge boost, which is certainly likely.

For reference, before the anime for Blue Exorcist was announced, the manga was selling less than 100k per volume. After the anime started airing and everyone started talking about it, in that year the sales of the manga jumped to almost 800k per volume. This includes all back copies of the manga too. In 2011, with 7 volumes released in total, Blue Exorcist series sales numbered 5.2 million that year.

Shogakukan is definitely hoping that Aniplex and MBS can work the same magic for Magi, and they're betting heavily on it. I really hope it succeeds, because the manga is really good!
Old 2012-07-10, 09:11   Link #194
RainbowMagnet

I can't stop staring at their teeth. They're so white and huge
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 09:19   Link #195
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowMagnet View Post
I can't stop staring at their teeth. They're so white and huge
Dem puurly whites . If it makes you feel better their like that in the manga too... .
@duckroll And its certainly possible since magi has all the qualites that made BE into such a big hit well almost everything it just needs a staff full of big names for all the animation fanatics to take notice like BE did.
Old 2012-07-10, 10:03   Link #196
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Key visual 3 update: http://www.project-magi.com/

Warning, might not be safe for work!

Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-10, 10:08   Link #197
RainbowMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
Dem puurly whites . If it makes you feel better their like that in the manga too... .
@duckroll And its certainly possible since magi has all the qualites that made BE into such a big hit well almost everything it just needs a staff full of big names for all the animation fanatics to take notice like BE did.
Oh I didn't really mean that in a negative way. I kind of like them actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Key visual 3 update: http://www.project-magi.com/

Warning, might not be safe for work!

Spoiler:
Edit : Loving that key visual <3
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 10:17   Link #198
OPN

@rainbow Sorry then
@duckroll Mor ;__; but she looks much better then the LQ one. Guessing next set of announcments is the seiyuu cast. Also just noticed...but dat ass .
Old 2012-07-10, 10:45   Link #199
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Oh yes, dat ass

Mor needs a livelier pic soon though, but dat HQ key visual is still very nice

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 11:37   Link #200
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Sheesh, you put someone in chains and suddenly she the Venus de Milo^^;;. I much prefer the trio pic with her about to bring the ass kickery up in here.

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen