AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2012-07-11, 10:21   Link #181
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Mankind was annihilated with the exception of the people inside wall rose. Pretty sure none of them seriously thought that they had defeated the titans, even more so knowing that there is a collossal titan who is even taller than the highest wall and can easily smash any gate.
In the beginning of the story there was the common belief that the walls were unbreachable and that the titans could do nothing about them. They believed it was pointless to send the scouting legion outside the wall when they could simply live peaceful lives inside the walls and forget about the outside. Armin even got used to be called heretic for claiming that it was stupid to think they were safe behind those walls despite the fact nothing happened in 100 years.
That's what I meant.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 15:50   Link #182
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Can anyone answer this? Recall that collossal titan inside the wall? Could it be that the wall structure is made of what the collossal titan produced, just like Arnie in her crystal prison? Maybe that's why other giants did not break it or tried too, because it represented another giant?

The first collossal titan in the beginning was even bigger than the wall itself btw?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Come to think of it, Arnie probably doesn't belong to the same faction as the fur-covered one, otherwise he could have just taken and examined Arnie's.
Maybe a future plot will reveal that Arnie & her faction were in fact fighting and protecting humans from the more threatening giants?
This is a good idea ^, it feels more like titans were man-made many years ago to battle each other. Why did Eren father have the serum and who was the old man, who told Arnie to make hard decisions? Its finally connecting a little!
Old 2012-08-11, 07:53   Link #183
marvelB

Next chapter's out!

Spoiler for chapter 36:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 12:37   Link #184
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Next chapter's out!

Spoiler for chapter 36:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-08-11, 13:56   Link #185
marvelB

^I'm referring to the fact that there was a previous chapter where a girl from the scouting legion encountered a talking titan who referred to her as "Ymir". And lo and behold, THIS chapter features a flashback where we find out there's a girl who shares the same name. Furthermore, something that Ymir and the other scouting legion girl had in common is their freckled faces, so the titan from that past chapter could have confused her for his "leader". In other words, this is some MAJOR foreshadowing here.....
Old 2012-08-11, 14:37   Link #186
KoroshiyaX
X

Just went to vancouver last weekend and saw these statues, It immediately reminded of Shingeki no Kyojin.

Spoiler:
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 15:40   Link #187
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

If anyone recall the chapter. please lmk
Old 2012-08-11, 17:10   Link #188
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
If anyone recall the chapter. please lmk

Okay, I did a bit of searching and saw that it was the special side-chapter that took place at the beginning of volume 5 (between chapters 18 and 19, to be more specific). Oh, and the name of the girl from that chapter is Ilse. Hope that helps.....
Old 2012-09-09, 17:20   Link #189
marvelB

Bumping for the next chapter!

Spoiler for chapter 37:
Old 2012-10-10, 09:22   Link #190
marvelB

Wow, no talk about the next chapter? Seriously!?

Spoiler for chapter 38:
Old 2012-10-10, 09:29   Link #191
Awrya
U mad?

Spoiler for 38:
Old 2012-10-12, 15:49   Link #192
X_Danny_X

the titans look humans, so i believe that the titans were once former humans that were experimented on, creating different levels of them.

now like Annie and Eren and also that ape fur looking one, are just humans that can transform into titans.

my belief is that when the experimented started, it created these simple titans, then came the more advanced ones that allow you to keep your humanity, become stronger, and revert back to human.

This series has alot of Claymore vibes to me.

Eren to me is so far in the dark but is searching for answers. I believe his father was part of all this and realized that it didnt go as whatever he and others envision. To protect his son, he gave him the power to become a titan.

on a side note, I dont get why it is being said that Eren has good hand to hand comeback skills. He is green and has no special skills. Annie is so far 3-0 against him and defeated him effortlessly. Didnt see him fight anyone good.

He is a new soldier and started to just learn to become a soldier.
Old 2012-10-12, 17:28   Link #193
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
on a side note, I dont get why it is being said that Eren has good hand to hand comeback skills. He is green and has no special skills. Annie is so far 3-0 against him and defeated him effortlessly. Didnt see him fight anyone good.

He is a new soldier and started to just learn to become a soldier.
He floored Jean when they were still trainees with Anni's technique, and he had the upper hand against Jean during the brawl in their graduation party.
It's also mentioned he's second best in hand-to-hand combat, though it's possible Anni didn't give her all during the final examination.
And lastly, it looks like Anni can think rationally and has complete control in her titan form, while Eren mostly runs on instinct.
Old 2012-10-13, 19:20   Link #194
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
He floored Jean when they were still trainees with Anni's technique, and he had the upper hand against Jean during the brawl in their graduation party.
It's also mentioned he's second best in hand-to-hand combat, though it's possible Anni didn't give her all during the final examination.
And lastly, it looks like Anni can think rationally and has complete control in her titan form, while Eren mostly runs on instinct.
Jean is a guy that is confuse about being there. Yeah he ranks 6th but I believe it has to do with him being excellent at the 3D maneuver. These rankings are kind of vague and dont show which individual is better at what. We have an idea from what we saw in the manga.

I take that back that Annie is 3-0 against him. More like 6-0. They had like 3 close combat skirmishes and she was able to get the better of him and whoop him. Not to mentioned she was able to get the better of another dude that ranked higher than her in that close combat skills skirmesh.

Eren during his second fight against Annie was thinking to himself while fighting her. To me, that is not just fighting with instinct.

Anyway, Eren from what it seems has alot of talent. He is a growing boy and most likely become so great at becoming a fighter/soldier that he will become humanities greatest soldier. A threat that can wipe out the titans. That is why I believe Annie worked so hard to capture him.

Im pretty confident that after maybe some more intense training, he will master the art of being a soldier and titan.

By the way, is this a monthly manga? If so, that sucks ass!
Old 2012-11-01, 23:36   Link #195
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

It's stated by the graduates that Eren is the 2nd best in hand to hand combat in their graduating class. First being Mikasa. Highly likely Annie didn't give away how good she really was at hand to hand so he's more like 3rd best

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 15:43   Link #196
Awrya
U mad?

39 is out.
Spoiler for 39:
Old 2012-11-09, 19:06   Link #197
marvelB

Man, those titans just get freakier by the chapter.

Anyway, I wonder if the ape titan himself is actually going to fight? I know we can't really expect all of the "boss" titans to be combat experts like Annie, but it would be kind of cool if they all had a particular area they excel in. For instance, this chapter may have proved that the ape is at least a decent marksman.....
Old 2012-11-09, 19:40   Link #198
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I thought the Ape Titan left by now, but he is masterminding the brainless one's to murder everyone in the tower. Whats intriguging about this chapter, is that the tomboyish girl, who might be Ymir, is still there.

Is the Ape Titan in different leagues with Ymir? Will Ymir transform or take over command of the Titans?
Old 2012-11-10, 06:51   Link #199
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Is that a death flag for Christa? That would make me incredibly sad T_T
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 23:49   Link #200
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
It's stated by the graduates that Eren is the 2nd best in hand to hand combat in their graduating class. First being Mikasa. Highly likely Annie didn't give away how good she really was at hand to hand so he's more like 3rd best
Where did it stated that? I thought they had a bunch of classes and Annie was not in Eren's class.

Anyway, if he is 2nd best, he clearly doesnt show it. Ryner was consider better all around overall... and Annie whoop him too despite him being higher than her.

Annie is not the type to hold back.

As for this chapter, man...it seem those two little titans were playing kids....i know it was still violent but their behavior was like two adolescent kids playing rough with each other. Seems to me that there is no limit in making Titans....even little children

Also Ymir might be a titan to me. Ymir looks suspicious.

I always viewed Ymir as a titan. It seems we have another deadly chick as a female titan.

Though I think she is being toyed as well, whoever is in charge or at the top, they are using some of these human titans or just humans like pawns in chess match. And the biggest pawn seems to be that priest/father guy but it seems he is wising up a bit now and wanting to see things with his own eyes.

That ape monkey titan CREEPS me out big time. It is pretty well to see he is one of the main top villains. I hope he gets back-stabbed somehow by someone even stronger.