AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-11-25, 22:25   Link #2801
m4rc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
After reading new chapter, I really want to see makoto and Hibiki lost relationship...
Hibiki is truly naïve bitch
there is not much to it in reality, is more on one sided impression from makoto , he himself describes it like that, and is a surprise to him when she knows who he is.
Makoto have this very ?small? inferiority complex with himself, i do not know a better word to describe it>> but he sees himself and his actions small/"normal" and thinks that every thing he does, is something that everyone could also do it without doubt even when we as reader knows that what he did before coming to this world and keep doing in this world, is something very impressive and not even for one second something that a "normal" person could do<<
So in the end he gives too much credit to those people and too low credit to himself,
we have a little more exploration of this aspect of him in the side stories .
this is the main problem that tomoe is afraid:that something may happen to makoto because Hibiki's image in makoto's memory is just too perfect and when this image is destroyed, she is afraid that makoto may be affected in a negative way, after all hibiki is still one of the connections that makoto have with his previous life and from more recent chapters we got to know that makoto have not forgotten about his earth yet, and still keep a strong will to return if he could to do so.
Old 2016-11-25, 22:27   Link #2802
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

And that relationship will turn sour.... Makoto will see Hibiki differently And Hibiki? Scared to him?
Old 2016-11-25, 22:49   Link #2803
m4rc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
And that relationship will turn sour.... Makoto will see Hibiki differently And Hibiki? Scared to him?
the implications, like i have wrote before, is that hibiki path's is of a severe mind break, when she finally make a connection of her actions and with what she believes, because of this i can agree with some opinions from other users when they call her naive, because in the most primordial level, she thinks, "after navarre's death" , that what she is doing is right, even if the end result is elimination of a entire race, or slavery, something that the previous Hibiki and the Hibiki's from makoto memories, would never accept, Makoto is fine with warriors, killing each other, but hibiki's is already past this, from this point in the history.
of course , this is my personal opinion about her end result because it do not have happen yet on the novel.
About makoto seeing her different it did not have happen yet but what tomoe's is afraid is more about his "mental state", after seeing someone who have a very important connection with his past (our earth), to crumble under the influence of this world, even more since makoto's never have forgotten his world ; to explain in detail is very hard, but since it did not have happen yet, i can only give impressions, but is a big deal, at least the author is pushing to be a big deal, how everything else will end, no one knows yet.

Last edited by m4rc0s; 2016-11-25 at 23:54.
m4rc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-26, 00:45   Link #2804
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I don't get where the 'naive' is coming from. Though I'll agree she's a bitch. Where does this bitch get off accusing our guy of being inhuman when she thinks how great it would be for him to destroy himself against the empire?
I can see the naive. It's from how easily manipulated Hibiki is, and how she doesn't seem to realise it, to the point where she would almost certainly deny it.

After all, she's completely dedicated herself to the cause of exterminating the Demons for the Goddess and Hyuman Kingdom she was summoned to in only a few easy steps:

1. Get called upon by a Beautiful Goddess and asked to save the Goddess's world.
2. Get summoned to the Goddess's world, where she's befriended by the natives who have been in power for the last X Centuries, and are suddenly in risk of losing that power.
3. Go to war against the Demons, as per the request of the Beautiful Goddess and Natives who are quite easily seen as racist at best, Xenophobic at worst.
4. Lose one of her companions in a battlefield.
5. The character is now, at best, Racist herself, at worst, mildly Xenophobic with certain races taking a higher amount of her racial obsessed rage.

So, basically, she's naive to have believed that none on her team would ever die, while also being naive to have what she considers her "fundamental principals" diverted so far so easily purely due to a shallow request and spending a few weeks or months with possibly disposable pawns. Yes, I do know that her team isn't made from disposable pawns from the Hyuman Perspective, but they almost could have just as well been.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-26, 04:39   Link #2805
J4n1

Main problem with Hibiki would be that she is a hyuman supremacist to a degree.
Which is understandable, almost all games, books, movies, anime series, and what have you set in fantasy worlds with humans and non humans, are almost always from a human central point of view, largely having non humans being mindless canon fodder or "always evil" monsters to kill for treasure.

Doesn't make her right, or justified, but it does give an understandable explanation to her actions and world view.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-26, 06:57   Link #2806
Darius Drake

^ If it was just ignorance of the opposing side's intelligence and problems, she'd be more of a sympathetic character. But, no, she's fully aware that the other side's sentient. She's also aware that they've spent years kicked to the worst parts of the planet, while a single race, Hyumans, dominate almost all of the farmable land. She even knows of how badly Hyumans treat any non-Hyumans in "their" lands.

Basically, she's got more than enough information to realise that the "Demons", aka, Non-Hyumans, are fighting to have a half-decent plot of land to grow crops on, and want to kill the Hyumans for monopolising such land for the last X Centuries. She's just supporting the status quo, and prefers to pretend she'll do something important by participating in a completely justified war... on the side against the ones with the justification.

Honestly, looking at it, Hibiki's actions almost seem like...

...Okay, I just had a thought. Who thinks that the Goddess used her own version of the gift she gave to Tomoki on Hibiki to get Hibiki to work in Bug's Interests? Because I'm suddenly feeling like Hibiki's a bit too... obnoxiously blind, even for someone willingly indulging on a sense of deep fulfilment.
Old 2016-11-26, 08:18   Link #2807
WyrdMonger

Is that anthropod goddess even intelligent? You have to be pretty stupid to pick a hero simply for their good looks.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-26, 08:57   Link #2808
Breimn

Probably some slut goddess.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-26, 10:44   Link #2809
ShadowSamurai365

If I remember correctly, didn't Io sort of call out Hibiki on that during their fight?
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-26, 11:24   Link #2810
J4n1

Hibiki does know demi humans and devils are sentient (probably should not have used the word mindless), she simply puts humans (well, hyumans) first in her priorities due to her pre existing biases, and from there it is easy to move to tribalism (in this case, hyumans (or the kingdom) being her "tribe"), and justifying killing those who would oppose her and her tribe.

Her actions are understandable (in fact, it is pretty standard "summoned hero" behaviour), that does not mean they are right, good, or even excusable (genocide rarely has decent excuses), but it is to understand why she acts the way she does.
Old 2016-11-26, 21:24   Link #2811
moneng85
(´・ω・`)

and osnt the goddes actually some minor god from earth that actually has taken over the management of the other world?(if i remember correctly, couldn't remember from where)
moneng85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 07:54   Link #2812
J4n1

Not sure if goddess was from earth.
But she is not all that powerfull (for a god), and she did take over from whomever was in charge previously (i want to say dragons, but not sure).
Old 2016-11-27, 08:45   Link #2813
Darius Drake

In what's been translated, it's been suggested (with Makoto pointing it out) that the Goddess is someone that Makoto could know of. This suggests that she could be a Goddess related to an Earth Based Pantheon. If we want to play the guessing game, here's a list of starting points:

1. Almost certainly related to Beauty.
2. Likely related to Creation, though this isn't certain, as she may have picked up the "Creation" Position along with taking over the her new world and creating a new race.
3. Definitely not High Tier. In other words, she's not going to be a "Ruler" class god. This is important, as it discounts certain goddesses like Freyja, who's position is equal to Odin's.
4. Known to be egotistical, self-centred, and considers herself to be outside the rules. Alternatively, believes that she can get away with nearly anything, if not anything.
5. Not Athena. This is important due to number 4 fitting Athena well. Of course, it fits most gods and goddesses well, so...

On Hibiki, her behaviour being "standard summoned hero behaviour" isn't enough. Spoilers have shown that she wants to improve the lives of demi-humans living in Hyuman lands, and make actions she believes would improve Hyuman Civilisation. She's shown enough mental astuteness to be able to realise the horrible historical treatment of "Demons", while showing a personality absolutely willing to call them out on it. And yet... she doesn't. Not only that, but she doesn't seem to be the type to drop everything for an out-of-nowhere request.

Honestly, I feel that Hibiki and Tomoki might have been affected by divine powers similar to what was given to Tomoki to get them to agree to go here and save the Hyumans.
Old 2016-11-27, 09:25   Link #2814
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
In what's been translated, it's been suggested (with Makoto pointing it out) that the Goddess is someone that Makoto could know of. This suggests that she could be a Goddess related to an Earth Based Pantheon. If we want to play the guessing game, here's a list of starting points:

1. Almost certainly related to Beauty.
2. Likely related to Creation, though this isn't certain, as she may have picked up the "Creation" Position along with taking over the her new world and creating a new race.
3. Definitely not High Tier. In other words, she's not going to be a "Ruler" class god. This is important, as it discounts certain goddesses like Freyja, who's position is equal to Odin's.
4. Known to be egotistical, self-centred, and considers herself to be outside the rules. Alternatively, believes that she can get away with nearly anything, if not anything.
5. Not Athena. This is important due to number 4 fitting Athena well. Of course, it fits most gods and goddesses well, so...

On Hibiki, her behaviour being "standard summoned hero behaviour" isn't enough. Spoilers have shown that she wants to improve the lives of demi-humans living in Hyuman lands, and make actions she believes would improve Hyuman Civilisation. She's shown enough mental astuteness to be able to realise the horrible historical treatment of "Demons", while showing a personality absolutely willing to call them out on it. And yet... she doesn't. Not only that, but she doesn't seem to be the type to drop everything for an out-of-nowhere request.

Honestly, I feel that Hibiki and Tomoki might have been affected by divine powers similar to what was given to Tomoki to get them to agree to go here and save the Hyumans.
Ishtar? Maybe Aphrodite?
Old 2016-11-27, 09:34   Link #2815
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

She also has the rare power of creation, so she's also potentially an earth mother goddess, or someone close to it.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 09:36   Link #2816
Breimn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Ishtar? Maybe Aphrodite?
Considering Athena was chosen as one of the gods visiting MC then she may really be Aphrodite.
Old 2016-11-27, 12:12   Link #2817
obnuchious

at the moment, and due to my limited knowledge of Gods and Goddesses, my bet goes to Aphrodite...

technically, it's not really full-on creation but rather giving life to a 'doll' [from an episode of Disney's Hercules, when he requested her to make him his perfect girlfriend....] . . . it was mentioned that BUG was not the original god of that world and there were already residents there... being dissatisfied on how they looked, she created the hyumans based on the humans of earth . . .
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 13:01   Link #2818
Xacual

I think she's Venus. Also she wasn't said to not be high tier, just that she's a low tier creation Goddess. At least I don't remember anywhere saying she was a total weakling, just that her powers of creation were weak. Venus was credited as being the "Mother" of the Roman race and she blessed the Roman armies before they went to war.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 18:58   Link #2819
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
She also has the rare power of creation, so she's also potentially an earth mother goddess, or someone close to it.
Sure, but she might not be known for Creation on Earth. After all, the main reason we know she's a Goddess of Creation is due to the creation of the Hyuman race. In other words, she could have been a different type of Goddess before then. That's why I had it "May be related to Creation, but not necessarily".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I think she's Venus. Also she wasn't said to not be high tier, just that she's a low tier creation Goddess. At least I don't remember anywhere saying she was a total weakling, just that her powers of creation were weak. Venus was credited as being the "Mother" of the Roman race and she blessed the Roman armies before they went to war.
Venus and Aphrodite are the same person, it's just that one's Roman and the other's Greek. I'm not certain on her, because of her marriage to Hephaestus/Vulcan should have made it so that she's less sensitive about physical ugliness. Alternatively, she could have become more sensitive about it, but I doubt it.
Old 2016-11-27, 19:42   Link #2820
Breimn

She was forced to marry him and would have affair with Ares, god of war.
By the way aftef her betrayal was known to all the gods she had kids with every male god.

Tags
fantasy, gods, harem, harem yet no harem, no romance, overpowered mc, power fantasy, summoned hero, webnovel