AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-05, 09:12   Link #61
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Quote:
sorry for the noob question (to this thread anyway) but can someone tell me what manga chapters the anime covered? (if it did cover the manga that is...)
The anime only covers the first two volumes of the manga (ch1-ch11).

Quote:
I wonder if the translated manga volumes are in sync with the raw ones? I read the translated ones up to Vol.3. Does this mean that Vol.3 translated equals to the vol 3 in RAW? I wanted to follow up but I heard that they have stopped translating.
Eh? Chapter shuffling usually occurs when making anime adaptations but I see no reason for them to pull that off for the English translations. The official licensed English translations stalled at volume 3 for quite a while so there are a few (not-so-legal) scanlation groups picking up from volume 4 onwards (currently working on volume 5, if I'm not mistaken). Of course, supporting the licensed version is supposed to be the right thing (cough, cough ) so you could just wait for the release of the later volumes if you want them in English (refer to Kensuke's post).

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
Old 2007-04-09, 10:25   Link #62
jianfish
Looking for something

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Zeus View Post
The anime only covers the first two volumes of the manga (ch1-ch11).

Eh? Chapter shuffling usually occurs when making anime adaptations but I see no reason for them to pull that off for the English translations. The official licensed English translations stalled at volume 3 for quite a while so there are a few (not-so-legal) scanlation groups picking up from volume 4 onwards (currently working on volume 5, if I'm not mistaken). Of course, supporting the licensed version is supposed to be the right thing (cough, cough ) so you could just wait for the release of the later volumes if you want them in English (refer to Kensuke's post).
Thats all right. The chinese translated mangas are already up to Vol.7 so I guess I'll start from Vol.4 onwards. Wonder how the spell Hernietta in chinese

I hate sad endings but I know that this will be one story that is going to end up sad inevitably.
Old 2007-04-10, 00:14   Link #63
Roberto4d

Hi Dfens I'm Roberto, I was wondering, could you help me with any information
regarding where I could go to buy those Gunslinger Girl manga vol 4 thru 7?
Even if it's in Japanese, I know I'll enjoy buying those comics.
Also could you tell me the address of that local store you went to, so perhaps I could mail them a payment for comics as well?
One last thing, I've heard of a 5 figure set of GSG. Have you seen them, and if so
any ideas on getting them too?
Thanks for any help you can provide dfens!
Rob
Old 2007-04-10, 22:01   Link #64
dfens

Roberto4d the store I buy all my raw official japanese manga from is Kinokuniya they have a website but it's in japanese OS format so my USA version of windows can't display the text correctly. You see a bunch of ????????.

I have volume 8 of Gunslinger Girl on order but Kinokuniya hasn't got it yet they will call me when it comes in and I can pick it up.

Their address is

San Jose Store
685 Saratoga Ave., San Jose, CA 95129
phone: 408-252-1300/ fax: 408-252-2687
Store hours: 9:00am - 8:00pm
e-mail:sjbookweb@kinokuniya.com

As for the figures if you mean these: http://www.hlj.com/product/BET13077

I have a source who might be able to get them I'm waiting on her to back to me. My guess is since they delayed the release from March to April is the reason why she is having troubling finding them. I see people on Ebay selling pre-orders but I don't trust these HK people. If worse comes to worse I know another guy who is kind of a flake or I'll find someone on Ebay who has them.

I want a full box to guarantee me a full set plus the secret figure which is Elsa. Their is 10 figures to a box, a full set of 6 plus, 4 random extras. I'll probably sell the extras off.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Old 2007-04-13, 22:13   Link #65
dfens

Man Volume 8 should be called the Petoruushuka volume it pretty much stars her for the entire volume. Now the manga is all caught up to the chapters except the last one released chapter 45.

It says expect volume 9 Winter 07.
Old 2007-04-23, 16:39   Link #66
dfens

Chapter 46

Angelica lives!
Old 2007-04-23, 19:30   Link #67
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
Chapter 46

Angelica lives!
But not for long. In fact they didn't expect her to get out of the coma.

Jose even says that sharpnels are all over in her body and it will take a lot of new inplants and parts exchange to get her in perfect working conditions again. The problems is that it will take a lot of drugs to do so, and this will affect her psychological conditions.

However you look at it, Angelica is set for an early doom.
Old 2007-04-23, 19:50   Link #68
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jianfish View Post
Thats all right. The chinese translated mangas are already up to Vol.7 so I guess I'll start from Vol.4 onwards. Wonder how the spell Hernietta in chinese

I hate sad endings but I know that this will be one story that is going to end up sad inevitably.
Yeah, if one expected this to end well, they would need to be slapped.
Old 2007-04-25, 03:58   Link #69
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Quote:
Yeah, if one expected this to end well, they would need to be slapped.
I wouldn't mind being slapped though if her death scene would be taken from the anime. That's as happy as it gets for her, I think.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Old 2007-04-25, 10:45   Link #70
bosk

The raw for vol 8 tankoban has been out for about a week (at least since I picked it up).
Old 2007-05-03, 15:50   Link #71
Kalas_Raven

Gunslinger Girl Manga

Hey! I'm new here. I was browsing to see any new developments on Gunslinger Girl, and I found this board. I see you all know that Gunslinger Girl will be continuing. I was the one that pursued it.

I just got confermation yesterday that the 4th volume will be released in July. They were very happy to have such a devoted fan of the seires. To truly show my thanks to ADV I'm going to draw a picture for them to show my gratitude.

ADV is even going to send me a copy of the 4th Gunslinger Girl to boot! I'm so happy! ^__^

I'm happy Gunslinger Girl has a following, and I'm not the only person in the world that loves the series. ^_^

Gunslinger Girl rocks!

~Kalas Raven
Old 2007-06-22, 04:54   Link #72
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Just read the latest chapter of GG right off the RSF site...
Spoiler for BIG event:
Old 2007-06-22, 05:12   Link #73
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Going by the recent focus on Petra, I suspect that Aida is getting tired of drawing lolis and will start to kill all the rest chapter by chapter, arc by arc.
Old 2007-06-22, 15:10   Link #74
Dandruff
Flakey

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...6&format=manga

Volume four to come the 30th...lawl...two year gap
Old 2007-07-03, 15:35   Link #75
Kalas_Raven

Wait... what do you mean Aida will start killing off? Kill off who? The girls?? O__o

I didn't get the fourth one yet, cuz ADV Manga didn't send it to me yet. ;_; I wanna read it soooo bad!
Old 2007-07-03, 16:14   Link #76
Kensuke

I can't wait to have the fourth volume, I already ordered it but the package hasn't shipped yet, I usually buy several manga and DVDs so it may took time if those are not in stock.
Old 2007-07-05, 23:55   Link #77
dfens

I got volume 4 the english version when it came out what a let down.

For those english only speakers it's ok and a must have but it has some issues I really wished they would fix next time.

I've had the Japanese version for god knows when and it's so much better. The paper is of higher quality and the printing is off the chart.

In the english one by ADV their are some pics where the black is so black it looks like a ink stain, you no longer can see the fine details Aida draws on the characters or the guns. Also a few pages were faded like it was low on ink or didn't print well.
Old 2007-07-22, 18:14   Link #78
Kalas_Raven

OMG!! I just got GSG volume 4 yesterday!! It's SOOOO awesome! I loved it! I'm sooo happy! I'll just say one thing so I don't post spoilers... Poor Triela!!!!! ;_;
Old 2007-07-23, 08:50   Link #79
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Chapter 49 GSG :-

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-23, 09:55   Link #80
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Chapter 49 GSG :-

Spoiler:
Based on your description, sounds like ch49's pretty chunky to cover so many issues.

Spoiler:

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, gunslinger girl, seinen