AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-08, 10:13   Link #61
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Best chapter in the whole of Bleach, Beauty killed the Beast nah scratch that Beauty killed the Tranny who scared the Beast off
Old 2008-08-08, 10:46   Link #62
Ryuuken
Quincy

Send a message via ICQ to Ryuuken Send a message via MSN to Ryuuken Send a message via Yahoo to Ryuuken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
..or c) can dodge sword swings instead of parrying/blocking d) have a zanpakuto whose release state they don't have physically carry (Rangiku, Byakuya) e)can use ranged attacks (kido, cero, etc).

I've always found Kira's shikai ability to be limited. It's only really useful if he can land hits and that's limited by his own swordsmanship (which doesn't seem to be anything special). Plus, once the opponent notices the effects of the attack, anyone with half a brain will switch to a different method of fighting like Rangiku did, before they suffer a real handicap.

But there might be more to his shikai than we've seen. So we'll see how his fight goes.

Also, I don't know what you guys thinking, but...
Assuming a Zanpaktou weights around 0.8 Kg as stated by Kira (in Kira vs. Matsumoto), even if he would hit/parry 10 times, 10 freaking times, the weight would only increase so about 820 Kg
know do you really think that this would be a problem for a Taichou class Shinigami ?

At this regard, I also would like to quote Kurosaki Isshin, Bleach Episode 111:
"All captain class Shinigami are controlling the size of their Zanpaktou.
Otherwise they would all have to swing around a Zanpaktou the size of skyscrapers, just like you." ( while fighting against grand fisher =P )
Old 2008-08-08, 10:55   Link #63
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuken View Post
Assuming a Zanpaktou weights around 0.8 Kg as stated by Kira (in Kira vs. Matsumoto), even if he would hit/parry 10 times, 10 freaking times, the weight would only increase so about 820 Kg
know do you really think that this would be a problem for a Taichou class Shinigami ?

Otherwise they would all have to swing around a Zanpaktou the size of skyscrapers, just like you." ( while fighting against grand fisher =P )
Do you know how heavy 820 kg is? A normal person weighs around 63 kg or less so 820kg would be like trying to swing around 3 cars not even Kenpachi can lift that much
Old 2008-08-08, 11:00   Link #64
Ryuuken
Quincy

Send a message via ICQ to Ryuuken Send a message via MSN to Ryuuken Send a message via Yahoo to Ryuuken
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
Do you know how heavy 820 kg is? A normal person weighs around 63 kg or less so 820kg would be like trying to swing around 3 cars not even Kenpachi can lift that much
But one car for sure... these are not humans or realistic subjects in any form.
I think that would be no problem

Don't force me to look for scenes that prove this =P
Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weightlifting#Records
The record is like 470 Kg in weightlifting...
Of course weightlifting isn't the same as holding a katana and fight, but I think
according to what we saw so far in the show (moves, speed, destructive force), it's safe to say that a shinigami is 20 times as strong as a human. So there really shouldn't be a problem, I think.

Last edited by Ryuuken; 2008-08-08 at 11:12.
Old 2008-08-08, 11:12   Link #65
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuken View Post

Ahem

He said...
Quote:
..or c) can dodge sword swings instead of parrying/blocking d)
Like we said...Kira's abilities are limited.
Old 2008-08-08, 12:11   Link #66
Goronta

i'm thinking... kira's blade is not necessarily only to double the weight of his opponent's sword... it could be anything...say the landscape of the battle field, like some hanging rock above them or whatsoever...
Old 2008-08-08, 12:38   Link #67
Langus
Optimus Prime

To be honest, I actually kind of dug this chapter.
Old 2008-08-08, 12:41   Link #68
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goronta View Post
i'm thinking... kira's blade is not necessarily only to double the weight of his opponent's sword... it could be anything...say the landscape of the battle field, like some hanging rock above them or whatsoever...
When he was explaining it, didn't he say that Wabisuke doubles the weight of anything it cuts/touches? If that is the case he could make it so that his opponent is so slow that he can barely move
Old 2008-08-08, 13:00   Link #69
Ryuuken
Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goronta View Post
There have to be limits to this theory...
I mean, where are the bounds? If he'd hit the ground, what would gain weight, the ground/landscape its all connected and there aren't any clear boundaries, so...
=/ ?

little back to the thread's topic:

I think Yumichika's ability is kinda overpowered, I mean, the only thing that stops him from using it, is the chance that someone sees it...
kinda everyone that gets caught in his ability is done for, plus yumichika himself gets all that rejatsu
Old 2008-08-08, 13:08   Link #70
MezzoDragon

Yumichika needs a strong shikai. Although it seems to be overpowered, it has to catch its pray before it could collect reitsu. I wonder what will happen when/if he obtains bankai.
Old 2008-08-08, 13:59   Link #71
Ryuuken
Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MezzoDragon View Post
I wonder what will happen when/if he obtains bankai.
Kenpachi already fights on an equal level with bankai using taichous, best example of course is against Tousen and Kumamura.

I wonder what will happen if HE obtains shikai and eventually bankai =o
Old 2008-08-08, 14:34   Link #72
TeNMaN
Lost & Found

Well, I think ole KT had some Yu Yu Hakusho influence because Yumi's release attack reminds me of a version of one of Kurama's attacks!!!

Anyway, people can speculate on Hisagi and Yumichika's fight all they want. We don't know how long it took. We don't know if Hisagi released in the battle. We really don't know anything about how the fight went EXCEPT the one thing we do know is that Hisagi clearly lost the fight - surprised, unprepared, whatever - it doesn't matter!! Owned is pwned!!

Anyway, on to the next fight. I sincerely hope Kira and Hisagi do something to impress for once, really i do!!
Old 2008-08-08, 14:36   Link #73
MezzoDragon

That's kinda off-topic, Ryuuken. Besides, Captain Kenpachi already has a shikai. He cannot sealing it due to his immense spiritual pressure. Furthermore, he seems to have no interest in obtaining bankai. That would kill his opponents too quickly, I assume. Lastly, Yumichika is trying to get bankai. If it is just a stronger version of his shikai, keeping it a secret could be too difficult.

P.S.: Let's rename Coolhorn to Lamehorn.
Old 2008-08-08, 15:22   Link #74
X207
Gamyūsa

finally that fugly arrancar goes to the flowerfields, though no one will be there to place flowers. now my mind can rest in peace knowing i'll never hav to see that character again.
Old 2008-08-08, 15:54   Link #75
CharlesDiBritannia
IRABUYUU

Did CoolHorn's ressurection do anything OTHER than traumatise us!?!
Old 2008-08-08, 19:45   Link #76
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesDiBritannia View Post
Did CoolHorn's ressurection do anything OTHER than traumatise us!?!
It changed it from Shonen to Seinen in a second and the manga is now for 12+
Old 2008-08-09, 00:39   Link #77
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Seeing how Fugly Arrancar weak was, it makes me wonder how weak the others are gonna be.
Old 2008-08-09, 04:13   Link #78
f4nt4

Yeah, just one move from a shikai and poof, he's gone. Hopefully we'll get more action from other battles.
Old 2008-08-09, 04:20   Link #79
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

who wanna bet ikkaku's opponent's ressurecion masks reiatsu?
Old 2008-08-09, 08:07   Link #80
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scep View Post
who wanna bet ikkaku's opponent's ressurecion masks reiatsu?
Or...others will be so busy fighting...they won't notice.

Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion