AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-20, 14:40   Link #1
NaweG
Just some guy

My Lovely Ghost Kana

Have some things about the second volume I'm dying to discuss, but the main place doing the releases doesn't care for spoilers in their forums, and since they've only released the first chapter from the second volume...

So, anyone else out there?
Old 2008-08-21, 06:24   Link #2
jesus28

I have 3 questions for you:
1. where did you get the raws for vol 2.
2. does it end with vol 2.
3. could you send me any spoilers via email.

Thanks, just finished reading the 9 chapters out last night, want to know what happens to their relationship
Old 2008-08-21, 12:30   Link #3
NaweG
Just some guy

1 - I bought Volume II from Amazon.co.jp, not sure if there are RAW scans available anywhere or not. Fairly sure even if there were that they shouldn't be discussed on here

2 - It doesn't look like this is the last Volume by a long shot

3 - I would really prefer to discuss on here, just to see if we can't get a few folks talking about it.

Besides, my translation skills aren't the best, and I'm hoping to find other who HAVE read it who can help me figure out if I've read it right.

FWIW...
Old 2008-08-21, 15:26   Link #4
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Thread renamed, no reason not to use this thread for discussion on any of the volumes of My Lovely Ghost Kana.
Old 2008-08-21, 19:40   Link #5
NaweG
Just some guy

Oh good. For a second I thought I had missed an already existing thread for this.
Old 2008-08-21, 23:17   Link #6
Jeiku

This is definitely one of my favorite manga of all time. When I first got into Kana, I had read that this was an "ecchi comedy" series, and so I figured it was going to be another one of those typical "unlucky everydude suddenly finds a ghost who becomes infatuated with him, and hilarity ensues" sorts of stories, but it's far from it. I summarized my thoughts about it in a mini-review when the first volume was completed, so I'll c/p it here.

Spoiler:

Kana actually is one of the most wonderful, sweetest things I have ever read, and it seriously has changed the way I feel about myself. It makes me happy to be alive, it makes me love life, etc. It is a rare type of story that I always find myself going back to and re-reading every once in a while. ♥

With that out of the way, I feel that it is important to note that the word "kana" actually means "chicken" in Finnish. I often refer to this as Ghost Chicken when mentioning it around my friends. Hilarity ensues.

It was very hard to wait such a long time for the next chapter to be translated, but I was happy when it finally came out, and it is so worth the wait.
Old 2008-08-28, 09:09   Link #7
NaweG
Just some guy

Kana Motion Graphic - Episode 1

For my fellow fans of Kana, I'd like to announce the first episode of my "fanimation" based on My Lovely Ghost Kana
Old 2008-09-03, 19:54   Link #8
NaweG
Just some guy

Wink Kana Motion Graphic - Episode 2

Have just released the second episode in the series "My Lovely Ghost" based on the Manga "My Lovely Ghost Kana" (愛しのかな, Itoshi no Kana) by Yutaka Tanaka. In this week's episode, Amano and Kana begin working on making the apartment more of a home for both of them. This includes Amano learning about more of Kana's past, and figuring out just where the fuse box is. Enjoy this second episode of "My Lovely Ghost" by Ewan Grantham and the Robot Acting Company:
Old 2009-10-29, 15:07   Link #9
NaweG
Just some guy

Anyone who's interested, I just got Volume III courtesy of FedEx today. This is supposedly the final Volume in the series. So, anyone out there who still wants to talk about this series?
Old 2009-10-29, 15:26   Link #10
Johnny
Working the bags...

Been awhile since the last scanned chapter. I'm curious to see if she gets any denser (so to speak) if you don't mind spoiling the ending...?
Old 2009-10-29, 16:12   Link #11
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Been awhile since the last scanned chapter. I'm curious to see if she gets any denser (so to speak) if you don't mind spoiling the ending...?
Spoilers for remainder of Vol II and Vol III ahead...

Spoiler for You have been warned:
Old 2010-02-21, 23:25   Link #12
velvet nightmare

ending was translated recently, have to say, was anti climactic, but overall the series was decent enough
Closed Thread