AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-11-27, 19:50   Link #3541
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The Guilding Light of Tim Tebow opened that hole for McGahee.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 19:53   Link #3542
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

and to think just moments before, their coach could have potentially killed the game for them O_O
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 19:55   Link #3543
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
and to think just moments before, their coach could have potentially killed the game for them O_O
I think the only reason it was even blocked was because the OL didn't even try much since they heard the timeout whistle. They kind of just laxed off of that play.

Anyways Teabow pulls it off again with the help of McGahee. I'm sure Teabow instilled some of his power into McGahee before that run, no way it would have worked otherwise.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 19:57   Link #3544
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Might be a win for the raiders but it sure doesn't feel like one,lots of things to improve on.

Though that 80 yard punt might have been the best of Lechler's career,and believe me I've seen my fair share of amazing Lechler punts (mostly due to the fact that the raiders offence has been inexistant the past decade)
Old 2011-11-27, 19:59   Link #3545
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 20:20   Link #3546
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

in Tebow we trust....
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 20:32   Link #3547
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Tebow and company get it done again^^...

This offense has the potential to be almost unstoppable once Tebow improves (even marginally) passing the football...The defenders are scared $hitless of him rushing the ball...22 attempts for only like 60 yards, but that forced the defense to use a controlled rush which allowed him to hit some decent passes...The D knows if you bull$hit on that Zone-Read you're gonna get got...

It's so fun to watch...It's coming full circle-folks...People laffed at the Run-and-shoot during the late 80's and early 90's and all Warren Moon did was put the Oilers deep in the playoffs annually (THis was during the run-heavy Proform era)...Atlanta had some good success aswell and would have challenged for some titles if they weren't in the same division as the paying players under the table, cheating Ed Debartalo 49ners of that era...

Just saying, Tebow's offense is what the run-and-shoot was during that last generation of football...

Everyone says, you can't run this offense, defenses are gonna catch up with it, guess what? THEY'
RE NOT CATCHING UP WITH IT
, because coaches no longer draft burly LB's and Defensive ends, looking for speed over size since the concept of the spread offense and multi-receiver sets had become all the craze...

Tebow can take hits from these undersized DE's and LB's, so it's not effecting his style of play...If he can get 25% better at passing than he is now, it's gonna be an amazing changing of the era's because now run-option QB's in college that CAN THROW EFFECTIVELY are gonna find a slew of opportunities in the NFL...The pass happy era is gonna be over right as Brees, Brady and Company exit the scene...

It was crazy when New England started spreading the Steelers out in the early 2000's basically creating the NFL's version of the spread where big, blocky LB's and DE's started to get phased out because of their lack of duality in the passing game...Tebow is about to do the same thing using the spread now as a running offense...In an academic sense, it's fun to watch something like this evolve...Most rushing attempts ever by a QB in the Superbowl era, how cool is that if you're a purist...
Old 2011-11-27, 21:04   Link #3548
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Epic fail by the Eagles. One week they beat the vagiants, and next week, after 3 quarters, only put up 13 vs. the league's worst defense while giving up 31?
They're not the worst defense when it comes to points allowed; currently I believe they are tenth. Other than the 25 points the Patriots gave up to the Steelers in week eight after the bye, they've held opponents to 21 points or less in every game since the loss to Buffalo in week three. The Pats have given up about 20 points per game on average while scoring 30.

They give up a lot of yards but are stingy in the red zone. This game is a good example. Other than the meaningless touchdown at the end, the only other touchdown the Pats allowed was the surprise downfield completion by Young on the third play from scrimmage. Overall the Pats gave up 466 total yards but held the Eagles to just thirteen points until the final minutes of play.

Belichick has always had a "bend-but-don't-break" defensive strategy. It's just been more extreme this season. The secondary in particular was especially weak to start the season, but the NE defense overall has matured substantially over the past few weeks. Their other main weakness, poor tackling, has also been improved.

The Eagles tried the usual strategy of knocking Brady down on every opportunity at the beginning of the game. The Patriots foiled this by going to the no-huddle and relying on short passes with the occasional long play to Welker or Branch. Wingy hates this style of offense, but the results speak for themselves.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 21:29   Link #3549
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^There used to be a time when you could locate the teams' "weak sister" and just bleed them all game...Pats D-secondary has alot of "weak sisters" but I don't see anyone try to capitalize on that...They've had a good run of playing teams with inadequate passing games,(Jets, Cheifs, Eagles with Young) so i think that helps (Giants have a good passing attack)...

Easy for me to have a bold face considering Drew Brees in my team's QB, but do you know how bad we would clown a team that put Julien Edelmen as a nickback in the game? Eagles neither identified him, nor did they try to go at him...It's strange the way these teams don't even try to go extreme against a Pats secondary, a secondary today that only features 1 starting caliber NFL player in Kyle Arrington...It's just strange...Maybe it is the mystic, because they're doing it with mirrors on the back end...
Old 2011-11-28, 04:49   Link #3550
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Might be a win for the raiders but it sure doesn't feel like one,lots of things to improve on.

Though that 80 yard punt might have been the best of Lechler's career,and believe me I've seen my fair share of amazing Lechler punts (mostly due to the fact that the raiders offence has been inexistant the past decade)
For everything that has happened with the Raiders this season, it's very surprising to see them having a 7-4 record and probably headed to the playoffs. Palmer has played better than expected for the most part (although I didn't watch much of the game today) and he'll most likely improve after a full offseason in the system. It will be interesting to see how they fare against the Packers. Wouldn't be shocked if they take them down. They should be 8-4 next week as I expect them to take out Miami.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 17:01   Link #3551
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Here's a critical stat. for you:

Third Down Efficiency 3/15 - 20%

Raiders were only able to beat the Bears due to 2 big plays and the Bears inability to move offensively with Hanie, barring the last 2 minutes.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 17:09   Link #3552
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
They're not the worst defense when it comes to points allowed; currently I believe they are tenth. Other than the 25 points the Patriots gave up to the Steelers in week eight after the bye, they've held opponents to 21 points or less in every game since the loss to Buffalo in week three. The Pats have given up about 20 points per game on average while scoring 30.

They give up a lot of yards but are stingy in the red zone. This game is a good example. Other than the meaningless touchdown at the end, the only other touchdown the Pats allowed was the surprise downfield completion by Young on the third play from scrimmage. Overall the Pats gave up 466 total yards but held the Eagles to just thirteen points until the final minutes of play.

Belichick has always had a "bend-but-don't-break" defensive strategy. It's just been more extreme this season. The secondary in particular was especially weak to start the season, but the NE defense overall has matured substantially over the past few weeks. Their other main weakness, poor tackling, has also been improved.

The Eagles tried the usual strategy of knocking Brady down on every opportunity at the beginning of the game. The Patriots foiled this by going to the no-huddle and relying on short passes with the occasional long play to Welker or Branch. Wingy hates this style of offense, but the results speak for themselves.
Probably not going to get a good test of how much the D has really improved until the playoffs. Hopefully it won't be another one-and-done but at this point I'm skeptical they're any different from last year. Perhaps Gronkowski's maturation into the monstrous TE he currently is will put them over the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^There used to be a time when you could locate the teams' "weak sister" and just bleed them all game...Pats D-secondary has alot of "weak sisters" but I don't see anyone try to capitalize on that...They've had a good run of playing teams with inadequate passing games,(Jets, Cheifs, Eagles with Young) so i think that helps (Giants have a good passing attack)...

Easy for me to have a bold face considering Drew Brees in my team's QB, but do you know how bad we would clown a team that put Julien Edelmen as a nickback in the game? Eagles neither identified him, nor did they try to go at him...It's strange the way these teams don't even try to go extreme against a Pats secondary, a secondary today that only features 1 starting caliber NFL player in Kyle Arrington...It's just strange...Maybe it is the mystic, because they're doing it with mirrors on the back end...
They might not have been torching Edelman when he got in on D, but if what you said that Arrington is the only true NFL caliber starter (probably true with current injuries), by definition they had to have targeted the weak points every once in a while. Molden was certainly being 'targeted' during that early bomb for the bad player he is, but he came up with the pick cuz of a terrible throw by Young. So like I said earlier, not gonna get a good test of the secondary until playoffs with the upcoming teams. Only challenge potentially is Denver but with Tebow at the helm the d on the pass will be pretty much a non factor.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 18:04   Link #3553
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Probably not going to get a good test of how much the D has really improved until the playoffs. Hopefully it won't be another one-and-done but at this point I'm skeptical they're any different from last year.
The biggest improvement I've seen is in tackling at which they were pathetic last year and again at the beginning of the season. Edelmann is a good case study. Watch his three tackles in yesterday's game; they were all solid grabs that put the opponent on the ground. His sack on Young was another example.

Quote:
They might not have been torching Edelman when he got in on D, but if what you said that Arrington is the only true NFL caliber starter (probably true with current injuries), by definition they had to have targeted the weak points every once in a while.
We haven't seen enough of Patrick Chung this season to know how good he could be. Last year he averaged over seven tackles per game and maintained that pace again this year. Unfortunately he's only played in seven of the eleven games so far.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/.../patrick-chung

I'm too skeptical a personality to qualify as a fanboi in most cases, but I do think the defense has improved considerably over the past few games. In their best years, the Patriots defense consistently held teams to under seventeen points; they're at twenty now, but the trend looks to be favorable. (Without that meaningless touchdown at the end of the game, yesterday's victory would have pushed the average lower.)
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 19:27   Link #3554
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

You know something's screwed up when your QB gets sacked by an opposing WR.

Utterly pathetic. Seems like it's time to clean house in Philly. Out with Reid, out with Mornhinweg, and the Eagles should sign DeSean, but make it a heavily incentive-based contract as opposed to anything guaranteed. He's nowhere NEAR Fitz or Megatron level.
Old 2011-11-29, 00:26   Link #3555
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I know Rodgers is gonna get the MVP...And with their record he'll deserve it, but dammit if Drew Brees is second to any QB in this league...Mofo is gonna have more yards, completions, TD's (Maybe even Completion%), and NFL Alltime records (Unitas streak, Marino's) this season and still will be the backup Probowl QB and a non-factor in the MVP...It's sad really...Manning stole his MVP in 2009 (Granted it was even enuff for him to get it on name), and Rodgers is gonna smoke him this year...

Brees' athleticism at his size (5'9 on a great day)...Ability to throw from an endless variety of angles because he's not tall enuff to see over the line at times...It's more amazing than what these classic prostyle (6'2 and above)
QB's do...I mean that shake move Brees put on grant for that TD run is sick for a little dude like that^^...

Obviously i'm a GEAUX Saints fan, but our style of passing offense is the most visually satisfying, aesthetically pleasing brand of ball in the league...That's mainly why, while I respect the Pats offense, as a fan, it's not very fun to watch at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei
Wingy hates this style of offense, but the results speak for themselves.
That's why Sensei...That's why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain Legacy
They might not have been torching Edelman when he got in on D, but if what you said that Arrington is the only true NFL caliber starter (probably true with current injuries), by definition they had to have targeted the weak points every once in a while. Molden was certainly being 'targeted' during that early bomb for the bad player he is, but he came up with the pick cuz of a terrible throw by Young.
Unless there is a Janitor on the field you gotta overtly test a weak link like that...Saints woulda forced Belechick to give that $hit up...I know Young played ineffective but Reid's gota draw up some plays to expose that...

Julien Edlemen is a WIDE RECEIVER...End...point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
the Eagles should sign DeSean, but make it a heavily incentive-based contract as opposed to anything guaranteed. He's nowhere NEAR Fitz or Megatron level.
Put'em in the Saints offense^^...
Old 2011-11-29, 03:39   Link #3556
Kyuu
=^^=

Conclusion after today's game:

Spoiler:

Now that you think about it more. He's lucky to have even won a Super Bowl at all.
Old 2011-11-29, 04:07   Link #3557
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Time for review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post

Green Bay at Detroit, Winner: Green Bay. Justification: The Packers are the best team in the NFL this year, period. Though I think they will one regular season game, it won't be this one. Still, expect The Lions to push The Packers farther than any other team had thus far.
About as expected.

Quote:
Miami at Dallas, Winner: Dallas. Justification: I don't need any. Next!
Closer than I thought.

Quote:
San Francisco at Baltimore, Winner: Tossup. Justification: This will be a very nasty and physical game, I can't really automatically say that The Niners are going to win this one.
Doesn't really matter all that much, since It doesn't do anything but state the obvious for both teams.

Quote:
Los Angeles at Atlanta, Winner: Atlanta. Justification: The Falcons get a badly needed win to keep them in the playoff race, The Dons move one step closer to coming to the promised land of Los Angeles.
Falcons stay in the playoff chase.

Quote:
Cleveland at Cincinnati, Winner: Cincinnati. Justification: Obvious.
And it was

Quote:
Tampa Bay at Tennessee, Winner: Tampa Bay. Justification: In the weekly "I don't give a flying fuck bowl" Tampa Bay sucks less.
I lost this prediction and I don't care.

Quote:
Carolina at Indianapolis, Winner: Carolina. Justification: None needed.
Carolina will be better next year.

Quote:
Arizona at St. Louis, Winner: Arizona. Justification: Getting back at The Niners by helping to prevent them clinching the division.
The Cardinals do as expected.

Quote:
Buffalo at New York (Jets), Winner: New York (Jets). Justification: The Bills got aways to go before they can call themselves a good team for real.
As do the Jets.

Quote:
Houston at Jacksonville, Winner: Houston. Justification: Another step towards the impossible dream for The Texans.
And The Texans bump into new obstacles.

Quote:
Washington at Seattle, Winner: Seattle. Justification: The Seahawks are average, The Redskins suck.
Now Nurgle decides he wants to do something?

Quote:
Chicago at Oakland, Winner: Oakland. Justification: I would've called this a tossup if it wasn't for the QB situation that The Bears have. Still, The Raiders move further (though later than what should've been) towards consolidating their hold over the AFC West.
The Raiders continue to be insane.

Quote:
New England at Philadelphia, Winner: New England. Justification: None.
What's a nine letter word for Failure?

Quote:
Denver at San Diego, Winner: Denver. Justification: Tebow be damned, The Chargers simply aren't able to beat a team with a .500 record, which is what The Broncos have right now.
And the strange saga of Tim Tebow goes on and on.

Quote:
Pittsburgh at Kansas City, Winner: Kansas City. Justification: In my weekly contrarian pick, I'm going for an upset of The Steelers in my desperate attempt to keep them out of the playoffs.
FUCKING PITTSBURGH.

Quote:
New York (Giants) at New Orleans, Winner New Orleans. Justification: The Giants continue their death spiral.
Does "Eli" still mean elite?
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 04:19   Link #3558
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Conclusion after today's game:

Spoiler:

Now that you think about it more. He's lucky to have even won a Super Bowl at all.
Did you watch the game? Eli Manning may or may not be elite in the eyes of some folks, but he's a very good quarterback that has elite performances a lot of the time. I'm not sure what "elite" means in your context, for me it's not just putting up fantasy football statistics. The Giants' defense has really sunk this season and couldn't stop the Saints at all. Manning had a pretty good game. But he can't win shootout after shootout after shootout with zero run game. Nor should he have to. He's definitely improved since his Super Bowl season. He looked like a completely different player at the time.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-11-29, 04:32   Link #3559
Kyuu
=^^=

Every QB has bad games - even the elite and great ones. But, Eli just has those bad games a bit too often. Sure, we've seen his stuff - when his games are good. But, he ain't the caliber of the current elite.

Current elite includes: Brees, Brady, P.Manning, and Rodgers.
Old 2011-11-29, 06:20   Link #3560
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Every QB has bad games - even the elite and great ones. But, Eli just has those bad games a bit too often. Sure, we've seen his stuff - when his games are good. But, he ain't the caliber of the current elite.

Current elite includes: Brees, Brady, P.Manning, and Rodgers.
Well tonight wasn't a bad game on Eli's part. He played pretty well. His defense and run game didn't.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Tags
american football, sports