AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: What banner would you most like to see at the top of the forum?
5acr3d - 01 2 1.16%
^Aya^ - 04 8 4.62%
CrowKenobi - 07 8 4.62%
Deathkillz - 09 5 2.89%
Deathkillz - 11 4 2.31%
diabolistic - 12 5 2.89%
Green² - 14 12 6.94%
Hellychan - 19 5 2.89%
ImperialPanda - 20 2 1.16%
kira_lacusXX - 24 13 7.51%
lavielove - 28 3 1.73%
Maxon - 32 15 8.67%
Minoto - 35 15 8.67%
SaiyaGina - 47 25 14.45%
SaiyaGina - 49 11 6.36%
Shini_GamI - 52 20 11.56%
SlugZilla - 56 9 5.20%
wao - 64 11 6.36%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-08, 16:16   Link #81
Sakura-Hime

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-Hime Send a message via MSN to Sakura-Hime Send a message via Yahoo to Sakura-Hime
Congrats to the winner...stinks that I didn't even get one single vote -.- guess that shows just how great mine was -.-
Old 2006-08-08, 18:57   Link #82
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
hmm Kairin is hot. Chibi Kairin is moto-moto Kakoiii, kawaiii!! ^^ Exxxxellent. "hand rub"

Okay now that the contest is over and that it couldn't possibly be put on top of the forum, can I have my picture of Kairin swimsuit version now Kiva128?
Well since you've been a good little boy () I suppose I can let you have your precious...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...205#post641205

YAY! Go bikini Kairin-chan~!
Old 2006-08-08, 21:19   Link #83
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
Wahhh I know! I love both H & C and a Halloween theme (it was cute and funny).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiyaGina
Really really T.T I'm very happy for this, and also to the other contestants were really good too! but in the end I so hope very very much that Hellychan's banner show up in the halloween season (Hachikuro *.*)
Thank you both! <3 I see there's actually a few dedicated H&C fans here

That's nice to see kira_lacusXX and wao's banner up there too Yay!! Kairin needs more appearance

Wow Kiva! That's a beautiful Kairin in bikini! I can already see JoJo drooling XD And it fits well with the season too ( lol putting a flower on the head seems to be a trend ) Oo I see Dark-sama's feather too
Old 2006-08-08, 21:24   Link #84
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
Thank you both! <3 I see there's actually a few dedicated H&C fans here

That's nice to see kira_lacusXX and wao's banner up there too Yay!! Kairin needs more appearance

Wow Kiva! That's a beautiful Kairin in bikini! I can already see JoJo drooling XD And it fits well with the season too ( lol putting a flower on the head seems to be a trend ) Oo I see Dark-sama's feather too
Hehe actually I was hoping you would notice that flower, Hellychan. I wanted to draw one in her hair but I could never get it to look right. Then by chance one day, you happened to change your avatar and it had that flower in it. So I used it as a reference (notice that they're similiar) and it fit perfectly. So you actually had a small, indirect hand in making the wallpaper. Thank you, Hellychan!

And yes, I used the feather brush from that site you gave me (I guess that's 2 things I have to thank you for). Although the outlines were very pixelated at 300dpi and 6750x4100 res. So I had to re-draw the outline to make it look right. And you might also notice the designs on the board being from the aforementioned site as well. It's just so useful.

BTW, I really liked your banner too and I hope it makes an appearence during the halloween season at least. And I like Honey and Clover too. :3
Old 2006-08-08, 21:41   Link #85
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva128
Hehe actually I was hoping you would notice that flower, Hellychan. I wanted to draw one in her hair but I could never get it to look right. Then by chance one day, you happened to change your avatar and it had that flower in it. So I used it as a reference (notice that they're similiar) and it fit perfectly. So you actually had a small, indirect hand in making the wallpaper. Thank you, Hellychan!
ROTF! XD! That's why I thought the flower was so similar Ok! lol I'm glad I helped you a little indirectly XD The result is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva
And yes, I used the feather brush from that site you gave me (I guess that's 2 things I have to thank you for). Although the outlines were very pixelated at 300dpi and 6750x4100 res. So I had to re-draw the outline to make it look right. And you might also notice the designs on the board being from the aforementioned site as well. It's just so useful.
Hehe! Yup! That's why I love this site so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva
BTW, I really liked your banner too and I hope it makes an appearence during the halloween season at least. And I like Honey and Clover too. :3
Wooh~ thx!! Hachikuro powa!! *ok, time to go to sleep* <3
Old 2006-08-08, 21:56   Link #86
Rin-Sama
Banned

Anyone know when the winter banner contest will be?
Old 2006-08-08, 23:23   Link #87
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
Winter.

Quote:
Well since you've been a good little boy () I suppose I can let you have your precious...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...205#post641205

YAY! Go bikini Kairin-chan~!
Ohhhh, ...very nice. ...must load into GIMP...

-But if the edited version ends up later on shoots after three chan, it wasn't me.
Old 2006-08-09, 00:48   Link #88
Shini_GamI
YuI

Send a message via MSN to Shini_GamI
Quote:
haha obviously winter ^_^
Old 2006-08-09, 00:59   Link #89
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
No guarantee that there will be a Winter banner contest. The next banner contest might be for Spring. I'm still considering. You'd be surprised at how much work it can be to run such a contest properly.

Anyway, I don't want to go into details now, but I'd like to drop a teaser. It is seeming that the next banner contest might be slightly different from the past ones in allowing greater creativity.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-08-09, 01:21   Link #90
wao
OK.

Might it actually not be season-themed this time?

And kind of belatedly, congrats to the winners of course - I think SaiyaGina's one was the best out of them, the relieved look on chibi Kairin's face kind of fits with the whole "sit down with a warm cup of coffee on a chilly autumn" kind of feel.
Old 2006-08-09, 01:27   Link #91
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Might it actually not be season-themed this time?

And kind of belatedly, congrats to the winners of course - I think SaiyaGina's one was the best out of them, the relieved look on chibi Kairin's face kind of fits with the whole "sit down with a warm cup of coffee on a chilly autumn" kind of feel.
It might not be. I like seasons, but there is no good reason that I have to be locked into that paradigm. If you (or anyone else) want to suggest any good themes, feel free. I might just use your idea.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-08-09, 11:46   Link #92
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
No guarantee that there will be a Winter banner contest. The next banner contest might be for Spring. I'm still considering. You'd be surprised at how much work it can be to run such a contest properly.
i think no one has sed it yet so i will...i would like to thank the mods for holding this contest and its been really fun to make and rate each others banners

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-08-09, 13:36   Link #93
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
I hope so too, because voting for it alone did not help.
Old 2006-08-09, 14:41   Link #94
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
I hope this isn't over because I wanna vote too . I like SlugZilla's because it just to plain cute =D.
Old 2006-08-09, 16:33   Link #95
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
It might not be. I like seasons, but there is no good reason that I have to be locked into that paradigm. If you (or anyone else) want to suggest any good themes, feel free. I might just use your idea.
Being that there as so many guest users (minus bots), perhaps get a banner contest, to be designed to on getting those guest users to register with the forum?

...was working on such an concept somewhere between the Kairin 2 and Higurashi 4 entries, but dumped it halfway in design due to bad timing regarding the introduction of Kairin with the forum.

(Think National Lampoon magazine. Yes, that one.)
Old 2006-08-09, 16:42   Link #96
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Time for me to be a critical asshole:

August ≠ Fall

Ok done.
Old 2006-08-10, 03:01   Link #97
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Yep, I'm well aware of that actually. I decided not to make it a Summer Contest though, because the summer is already half over. This merely extends the Autumn season a bit so that the banners are valid for a while longer. I hope it doesn't disturb you too much, the way that I am bending time to suit my selfish desires.

Old 2006-08-10, 05:22   Link #98
Shini_GamI
YuI

Send a message via MSN to Shini_GamI
Quote:
Yep, I'm well aware of that actually. I decided not to make it a Summer Contest though, because the summer is already half over. This merely extends the Autumn season a bit so that the banners are valid for a while longer. I hope it doesn't disturb you too much, the way that I am bending time to suit my selfish desires.
meh.... its winter here so it will be a long way for autumn haha
Old 2006-08-11, 01:41   Link #99
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini_GamI
meh.... its winter here so it will be a long way for autumn haha
Interesting issue with our world wide web. We're in Summer hereand you're in Winter there. It makes the whole concept of season on the web, pointless.

Old 2006-08-11, 02:33   Link #100
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Quote:
Interesting issue with our world wide web. We're in Summer here and you're in Winter there. It makes the whole concept of season on the web, pointless.
My god, the seasons, the intawebz, the space-time continuum, the earth, the planets, the solar system, the universe, THE ALIENS !!!

HARUHI-SAMA PLEASE COME TO HELP!!!

Sorry for the freaking out.

*wipes his sweaty forehead, in awe, like "what the... it's winter in Australia... there's a big problem with the world *

lol
Closed Thread

Tags
banner contest, contest