AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-02, 15:19   Link #3641
Enternal

Hmm yeah. It would make sense that it was on Mid-Childa at least initially then perhaps she was later transfer back to Earth for rehabilitation with Hayate because I was sure Hayate have always been on Earth for rehabilitation. But yeah this seems like a hard question to answer since the show wasn't clear about it. Besides it would also be odd on Earth if she suddenly disappears for an extended amount of time so I think at least her family and friends (Arisa and Suzuka) were probably aware.
Old 2011-10-03, 03:19   Link #3642
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
I think the fact that she survived injuries that heavy without being permanently crippled clearly indicates that it was a Mid-Childan hospital, at least initially. You can't treat stuff like that without healing magic, and the Mid medics are good enough to reattach a severed spine within a few days (refer to Force).

On the other hand, how do we know that Hayate and Nanoha were at the same hospital?
Old 2011-10-03, 03:33   Link #3643
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

One of the Sound Stages has Hayate remarking that she and Nanoha completed their rehabilitation together.

And IIRC, healing magic in Nanoha only speeds up regeneration that the body can already accomplish, so in this case it'd be less magical healing and more superior medical technology and techniques.
Old 2011-10-03, 04:59   Link #3644
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
One of the Sound Stages has Hayate remarking that she and Nanoha completed their rehabilitation together.
Not to mention that they both thanked Zafira for letting them ride on his back.

And he said that if Hayate wanted to, she could ride on his back still, but she said no, because she was afraid she'd hurt him.

He said "Nah, that's fine."

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2011-10-03, 10:17   Link #3645
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
I think the fact that she survived injuries that heavy without being permanently crippled clearly indicates that it was a Mid-Childan hospital, at least initially. You can't treat stuff like that without healing magic, and the Mid medics are good enough to reattach a severed spine within a few days (refer to Force).

On the other hand, how do we know that Hayate and Nanoha were at the same hospital?
Wow able to reattach a severed spine? Now that's what I call advanced. But yes like Rising Dragon said, it was in a Sound Stage that said those two were in rehabilitation together. Think it was Sound Stage 4 so I need to look for it again. It was in the track where Hayate received a call from Nanoha congratulating Hayate and her anniversary of finishing the rehabilitation.

Riding on Zafira's back? Sure sounds a lot of fun! Wonder if he ever lets Vivio do the same haha.
Old 2011-10-03, 14:22   Link #3646
Sunder the Gold

Are defensive field-type spells (like barrier jackets) and area-type field spells (like Temporal Distortion Field) the same kind of "field" magic?

That is, are they basically the same magic, only one is bounded around one's body, and the other is cast over a wide area?
Old 2011-10-03, 14:47   Link #3647
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Wow able to reattach a severed spine? Now that's what I call advanced.
Yes.
Spoiler for Force, chapter 7:

Quote:
But yes like Rising Dragon said, it was in a Sound Stage that said those two were in rehabilitation together. Think it was Sound Stage 4 so I need to look for it again. It was in the track where Hayate received a call from Nanoha congratulating Hayate and her anniversary of finishing the rehabilitation.
I see, thanks. StrikerS Sound Stages are the only major piece of canon I haven't gotten to yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Are defensive field-type spells (like barrier jackets) and area-type field spells (like Temporal Distortion Field) the same kind of "field" magic?

That is, are they basically the same magic, only one is bounded around one's body, and the other is cast over a wide area?
Nope, they are listed separately. Plus, the confusion is only in English: in the original Japanese, field-type magic is called "フィールドタイプ" (Fīrudo Taipu) and force field magic is "結界魔法" (Kekkai Mahō). Two unrelated terms, two unrelated magics.
Old 2011-10-03, 14:50   Link #3648
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Signum has the whole "not entirely human" thing going for her though, so I'm not sure if we can use that as an indication of Mid medical technology...
Old 2011-10-03, 14:52   Link #3649
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Uterus. She was stabbed in the uterus, not the stomach. And the blade went in vertical, rather than horizontal. There is a very slim chance the blade missed her spine.
Old 2011-10-03, 16:18   Link #3650
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Nope, they are listed separately. Plus, the confusion is only in English: in the original Japanese, field-type magic is called "フィールドタイプ" (Fīrudo Taipu) and force field magic is "結界魔法" (Kekkai Mahō). Two unrelated terms, two unrelated magics.
But a bounded field around a body, combined with barrier-type magic... is it really that different from Round Guarder, a field-spell that was given a barrier function?

Also, what is the difference between a field spell with an inward-focused barrier function -- a capture/containment field -- and a cage-type capture spell like Crystal Cage?

Even Otto's Prisoner Box variation of Ray Storm is listed as a field-type (kekkai) spell rather than cage-type capture spell.
Old 2011-10-03, 19:36   Link #3651
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Just a further line on the whole spine thing... recall that Nanoha must have had a similar injury. In several of the flashback scenes, it looks like she is trying to learn to walk again, which indicates spinal damage(paralysis of the legs). The fact that it took so long to recover, indicates that Mid-Childa medical technology isn't quite that advanced.

Shamal: "When she heard that she might not be able to fly again, and that she might not be able to even walk again, I still don't know how she felt."

So, I'm leaning to Signum's spine being missed. And like Keroko said, Signum ain't quite human, too.
Old 2011-10-03, 20:36   Link #3652
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
So, I'm leaning to Signum's spine being missed. And like Keroko said, Signum ain't quite human, too.
I'm leaning more towards the latter than to the former. 944's blade looks pretty straight on signum's abdomen back there. We are yet to see Signum walking, tough.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-10-03, 20:39   Link #3653
Dark Wing

Quote:
Yea a couple of weeks in a recovery chamber and a training montage with her getting back to tip top shape and she'll be ready for that rematch...
Old 2011-10-04, 02:15   Link #3654
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Didn't Vita get spineshanked? Man the work I have to do to make sense of some of these plot points.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2011-10-04, 02:30   Link #3655
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
But a bounded field around a body, combined with barrier-type magic... is it really that different from Round Guarder, a field-spell that was given a barrier function?

Also, what is the difference between a field spell with an inward-focused barrier function -- a capture/containment field -- and a cage-type capture spell like Crystal Cage?

Even Otto's Prisoner Box variation of Ray Storm is listed as a field-type (kekkai) spell rather than cage-type capture spell.
No idea. The whole magic classification in Nanoha is based solely on outward appearances and terminology. There is no completed explanation how various spell types actually work.

Quote:
Just a further line on the whole spine thing... recall that Nanoha must have had a similar injury. In several of the flashback scenes, it looks like she is trying to learn to walk again, which indicates spinal damage(paralysis of the legs). The fact that it took so long to recover, indicates that Mid-Childa medical technology isn't quite that advanced.

Shamal: "When she heard that she might not be able to fly again, and that she might not be able to even walk again, I still don't know how she felt."

Unless, you know, 13 years of medical science in-between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Didn't Vita get spineshanked?
Judging by the fact she still walked afterwards, no. ^^;
Old 2011-10-04, 02:36   Link #3656
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Judging by the fact she still walked afterwards, no. ^^;
Still unbeliebavly impressive to be able to move and even fight with a destroyed lung and a good portion of broken/sliced ribs.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-10-04, 07:37   Link #3657
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Should have torn right through her spine and heart, maybe taking her aorta into the bargain.

Compare that to Hayate, who was bed-ridden and surrounded by doctors when not in bed after being stabbed through the stomach in Force.
Old 2011-10-04, 07:41   Link #3658
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Compare that to Hayate, who was bed-ridden and surrounded by doctors when not in bed after being stabbed through the stomach in Force.
Also, didn't Curren say she missed Hayate's vitals on purpose?
Old 2011-10-04, 07:49   Link #3659
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Indeed. The Wolkenritter just aren't a good standard to use for determining the speed and efficiency of Mid Childan medical care. They're simply not human, and don't follow the same standards.

A different example though, Erio healed a broken arm in a week. My paltry medical knowledge places the same thing to about 6 to 10 weeks (depending on where the arm was broken) on our world. So they are better at healing stuff.
Old 2011-10-04, 09:45   Link #3660
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I wonder if Artificial Humans heal a little faster(or are tougher) than normal ones. The Porject F and Fate/Erio's capabilities somehow give me Captain America-vibes xD.

About the Wolkneritter's impalement, some guy in TVTropes argued to me that Signum succumbing to her injuries can be handwaved as being hurt by a Divider while Vita just got impaled with a normal blade. What do you think?

~The ASFB~
Closed Thread