AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-22, 02:54   Link #1101
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

I think Nintendo were assuming that a lot of people who already own a 3DS in the Nintendo of Europe (NoE) jurisdiction (which includes Australia and New Zealand) would already own a 3DS (or DSi or DSi XL), and thus wouldn't necessarily need a second charger for their 3DS XL if they got one. It's possible that the cost of the AC adaptor will be taken out of the 3DS XL price, and it's also possible that the AU/NZ version may include the AC adaptor in contrast with our European neighbours.
Personally, I always found it handy when they included chargers with all of their portable consoles, especially if I lost a charger (though I think that's only happened to me once), e.g. when the DS came out, it's charger was compatible with the one from the GBA SP.

They have been nice enough to bump up the included SD card from 2GB to 4GB.

The selection and pricing of downloadable stuff on the Australian eShop is pretty much an absolute joke though. The Nintendo AU site hasn't updated with the news from the Nintendo Direct video yet, might be tomorrow 'till we see what happens.

For reference, this is the Nintendo Direct for NoE that aired a few hours ago. The end of the video also includes a QR code that allows you to download the Metal Mario character if you have Mario Tennis Open.
Old 2012-06-22, 02:57   Link #1102
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

By not including a charger, Nintendo assumes that they are only selling to their existing fanbase and no one else.

I understand the thinking, it's just so pessimistic though.
Old 2012-06-22, 03:03   Link #1103
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Tiny bit of news about the AU version of the 3DS XL:
It will be priced at $249.95, but it'll be released August 23 (later than other countries).
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/06/aus...s-xl-revealed/
Old 2012-06-22, 05:55   Link #1104
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
By not including a charger, Nintendo assumes that they are only selling to their existing fanbase and no one else.

I understand the thinking, it's just so pessimistic though.
AC adapters go from 5-10 bucks online, even if they didn't come packed in here in the US, wallets wouldn't take a hit.
I think it's just the idea of having to take this extra step is bothering people, which is understandable since it should come with it.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 08:11   Link #1105
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
AC adapters go from 5-10 bucks online, even if they didn't come packed in here in the US, wallets wouldn't take a hit.
I think it's just the idea of having to take this extra step is bothering people, which is understandable since it should come with it.
It would be like buying a car, and then being told that you need to pay an extra few dollars to get the door handles separately. It isn't expensive, but you wonder why you had to do it at all.
Old 2012-06-22, 08:54   Link #1106
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It would be like buying a car, and then being told that you need to pay an extra few dollars to get the door handles separately. It isn't expensive, but you wonder why you had to do it at all.
If door handles were interchangeable, sure. Better analogy would be the gear-shift head, since at least on manual transmissions you can switch them out, but without one it's rather difficult to use.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 09:11   Link #1107
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I'm not happy about the XL. The bigger screens are nice, but I really question why it is needed, especially after they just said that they weren't doing more revisions and instead were just going to focus on a new handheld. I guess it's nice for people who don't have one yet, but it just feels too soon. And why not just include a second analog stick? O_o
Old 2012-06-22, 10:17   Link #1108
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

The XL seems like a luxury if anything, so I don't see the issue in it existing.
The problem with the second pad at this point is that it would alienate those that don't want to upgrade to it. The games that might implement the second pad would be inaccessible to those with an original 3DS. Sure they have accessory for it, but I don't think they want people to have to resort to that, and developers might not want to implement two different control schemes to account for second pad and no second pad.
Old 2012-06-22, 12:23   Link #1109
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I'm not happy about the XL. The bigger screens are nice, but I really question why it is needed, especially after they just said that they weren't doing more revisions and instead were just going to focus on a new handheld. I guess it's nice for people who don't have one yet, but it just feels too soon. And why not just include a second analog stick? O_o
that would be me I knew Nitendo would rls a XL ver eventually no matter how much their ceo was lying
Old 2012-06-22, 13:19   Link #1110
kyouray
2D > 3D

Final Fantasy Theatrhythm & Kingdom Hearts demos are available (EU eshop).
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
The end of the video also includes a QR code that allows you to download the Metal Mario character if you have Mario Tennis Open.
Nice initiative. I hope they will extend this kind of bonus for more games.

Also new Bravely Default video :

Senran Kagura Burst OP
Old 2012-06-22, 15:03   Link #1111
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

girl look like Sherry form FZ
Old 2012-06-23, 00:12   Link #1112
Sides

A title not mentioned here is EX Troopers. The game, or some version of it, will be released by capcom on the PS3 and 3DS. Game itself has apparently ties to Lost Planet, but what is more interesting is, rumours are it is based on MML3 concepts and code(?).
If you watched the japanese ND stream you probably got a glimpse of it.

The youtube videos found all have horrible compressions artifacts..
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 08:35   Link #1113
kyouray
2D > 3D

I missed this video, thanks
It's beautiful & I like the art direction. It also reminds me Burning Rangers.
Old 2012-06-30, 18:51   Link #1114
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Circle Pad Pro peripheral to be made for Nintendo 3DS XL. Also, the Kid Icarus stand is said to work with the 3DS XL.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/28/ni...pro-extension/
Old 2012-08-08, 22:30   Link #1115
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Guess who're the bonus bosses for Soul Hackers?

Spoiler for Soul Hackers Bonus Bosses:
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 10:10   Link #1116
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

There's gotta be some people as excited for this as I am!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...u-announcement

Reactions?
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 11:36   Link #1117
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Slightly disheartened that some people are hoping it isn't for the 3DS.
Just bite the bullet and get it for the games you want already! It's a good handheld!

Otherwise, it's really good news.
Old 2012-08-20, 17:42   Link #1118
Sides

Quote:
Slightly disheartened that some people are hoping it isn't for the 3DS.
Just bite the bullet and get it for the games you want already! It's a good handheld!

Otherwise, it's really good news.
That is because they put their money on the wrong pony ^^
Really hope that it is a proper sequel, as in decent development budget, and not a browser/IOS/android game like what other companies are doing.
I mean TWEWY was SE (japan) best last gen title, it may not have been commercially successful as FFXIII, but it did ensured fans that SE still has what it takes to make great games. I am fine that they are doing successful blockbuster games, as long that finances titles like TWEWY, bravely default and so on.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 02:01   Link #1119
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
It's a good handheld!
I disagree.
Old 2012-08-24, 21:49   Link #1120
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Just got my own 3DS today, although it is the regular one and jp to boot, so I assume people won't consider this choice conventional, while the XL is currently having the spotlight.

Frankly, I was "hyped" with all the fixed points the XL got, but considering how bulky it became, it wouldn't really be portable in my case, even though it isn't too big for my hands. Biggest reasons for not picking a 3DS LL aside of the portability were the starking difference in price (4-5K yens, which is basically a retail game altogether) and the size would prevent it to be practical with some accessories. Namely, I can't see how the 3DS XL would be comfortable with a circle pad pro.
Another point was also the color catalog, which is quite poor for the XL/LL. I'm particularly not fan of a "mixed" batch, with Red/Blue/Silver stuck with a dominant black for no damn reason, whereas Japan has a bland full white available (a full silver or blue could potentially change my mind). So just went for the sexy cobalt blue instead.

Anyway, currently having fun with Project Mirai, MH3G and Fire Emblem. PM isn't really on par with Project Diva series, but it is a good complement to the latter. MH3G is surprisingly comfortable to play, due to the customizable touch screen tools.
That said, the primary game that made me decide buying the 3DS was Fire Emblem Kakusei, which didn't fail its promises: gorgeous and engrossing. After 2 rehash on the DS, I wasn't expecting a lot for Kakusei, but the trailers and the actual game proved me wrong big time. I didn't expect the 3DS to be able to display battle this way without any loss of framerate (didn't see RER in action though), and if you add the excellent music scores, solid gameplay and all, any FE or SRPG fan wouldn't complain (expect perhaps the minimal dub, but hey, it would be difficult with "My Unit" and the number of characters for a single 3DS cart).
Definitely hope for other people that the localization won't take ages, because Kakusei is definitely a major hit.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-08-24 at 22:04.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds