AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 63 38.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 64 39.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 11.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 6.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.62%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.62%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.62%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-01-31, 19:23   Link #261
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

but but we havent seen shirley sacrafice herself to lulu yet
Somehow i believe that role is reserved for Kallen, somewhere near the end of their little adventure
Old 2007-01-31, 20:10   Link #262
Kusaja

I don't want Kallen to die, but it does seem like a possible future for her. Grr...

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Actually I'm more of the notion that Lulu doesn't want to take any chances with suddenly discovering that his geass has limits. If he really believed that he erased every trace permanently, he wouldn't take such lengths to ensure that nothing happens. By doing what he does, I believe he thinks that there is the probability that his geass might get canceled and until he can be sure, he's not leaving it to chance.
Sure, it's a valid interpretation, I don't think it's impossible for it to work that way...it just seems to me that it goes a bit beyond what little we know right now.

Obviously we're all speculating here, to an extent. Things could completely change in the future and any of us could be proven right (or wrong).

But think about it:
Spoiler for Ep 15:
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 20:23   Link #263
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
but you know even with rubbing out pencil lines you can still see faint line where the pencil mark once was ~ im thinking its like this with lulu's brain erasing ability...

but its true that viletta did show that the only part of her encounter that she remembered was when she saw a "kid" through her screen...but why? didnt lulu erase all her memories from that instant or did her not erase far enough into the past which allowed a half completed picture for viletta to retain?
Could have been Lulu forgot to erase her memories of seeing him through the screen. Remember, he was still fairly new to the geass then.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 20:50   Link #264
ZombieSheep

I'm under the impression that the memory lost of Viletta is cause by geass entering the brain not Lulu commanding her to forget.

That is not the same as Shirley being commanded to forget. I doubt Geass' lasting time has anything to do with it either. Seeing how her eyes isn't red or anything afterwards, it must be a one time only command where the forgetting is done by Shirley's brain instead of forcefully by Geass.

So since the forgetting is technically natural, that means the memories aren't really permanently gone, least for now.
ZombieSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 23:26   Link #265
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSheep View Post
I'm under the impression that the memory lost of Viletta is cause by geass entering the brain not Lulu commanding her to forget.
Yes, and as far as the show has shown, geassed individuals normally don't remember anything they've done while under its influence (unless specifically commanded otherwise, I suppose? That'd be interesting to find out).

Quote:
That is not the same as Shirley being commanded to forget. I doubt Geass' lasting time has anything to do with it either. Seeing how her eyes isn't red or anything afterwards, it must be a one time only command where the forgetting is done by Shirley's brain instead of forcefully by Geass.
It's not the same thing, of course. The forgetting process may be "natural", after all you can't use Lelouch's Geass to force people to do unnatural things (against the laws of physics, for example)...but the way in which it started was definitely forced and "artificial". The Geass power itself is what's unnatural.

Geass isn't actively affecting Shirley's mind right now, for all we know, but that's because the "rubber" already did what it had to do. There's no reason for her to have red eyes when the Geass already made her brain erase all the relevant information. It's not like the Geass is merely temporarily "keeping" her in a zombie-like state or something (unless Lelouch used an incredibly contrived set of commands...we didn't hear his exact words).

To use a real life example...people with, say, moderate to advanced Alzheimer's have no hope of recalling their lost memories, and that's natural too. Not to mention that even healthy human beings also naturally forget as time passes (the brain cannot store everything permanently and indefinitely). So Shirley's completely forgetting Lelouch might not be reversible at all, at least not in the traditional sense (other "artificial" means may or may not reverse the process...but reading a book or seeing a picture of LL doesn't seem enough).

Quote:
So since the forgetting is technically natural, that means the memories aren't really permanently gone, least for now.
This is incredibly open to debate, but I still think that they're permanently gone.

Sunrise might or might not agree, of course, we still don't know what they think.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 14:52   Link #266
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
It's been far far too long since I've heard this good an ending song in a Mecha Series, or an insert in any series that didn't make me cringe, but made me feel nostalgic. The only example in the past few years is Eureka 7. Normally the inserts take over the entire scene or aren't very good, but this one complemented it. It's also funny that it has the same name as one of the best insert songs ever from Tekkaman Blade, Masquerade. Man the genre is definitely back on its feet.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote