AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-08, 23:50   Link #4561
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Velkoz whilst doing a truckton amount of damage if left to its own devices, is very vulnerable to assassins like leblanc, khazix, zed etc. Also, imo nidalee and xerath does better what velkoz is good at doing which is long range poking and sieging, and champs like gragas and ziggs are better waveclearers and lane dominance exerters.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 00:40   Link #4562
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

That is effectively the issue. The kit provides more CC so perhaps it is viable in support. Some diamond players I know claim it's viable, so I think I'll try it.

Knew it was a matter of time before Irelia was back in fashion. Guess top lane is slowly switching from mega tanks to bruisers with Irelia and Jax joining Renekton as being FotM. Zac seems to be re-emerging as well - I'm not so convinced about Zac and I'm less convinced about Jax. Mainly since Jax is being picked along with fragile team compositions - which is just suicide at the pro level.

Hoping the next thing to come back is Jayce.
Old 2014-03-09, 01:01   Link #4563
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
That is effectively the issue. The kit provides more CC so perhaps it is viable in support. Some diamond players I know claim it's viable, so I think I'll try it.
Yeh, I think he's pretty good in support as well, even more so with the new spellthief line which makes "mage" type supports really strong atm.

Quote:
Knew it was a matter of time before Irelia was back in fashion. Guess top lane is slowly switching from mega tanks to bruisers with Irelia and Jax joining Renekton as being FotM. Zac seems to be re-emerging as well - I'm not so convinced about Zac and I'm less convinced about Jax. Mainly since Jax is being picked along with fragile team compositions - which is just suicide at the pro level.
I assume you are basing this of Alliance performance during Superweek in the EU LCS and just prior to it when Wicked played Irelia in 6 out of the last 7 games and won 5 of them, whilst sporting something like 14 KDA. Wickd did do very well on Irelia, though only time will tell if others will follow suit. The last time she was competitive was during the warmoggs meta in early season 3 in OGN but that was very short lived. The last previous to that was for the latter half of season 2 where she was the most common amongst the most toplane pick. If you check what Wickd said regarding her is that her early game mana costs are too high and that because of that she is very easy to bully, but the one of the main reasons he did well with her, was because everyone forgot how to play against her. Also, this is Wickd's signature champion, he was arguably the best Irelia player in the world during her prime in season 2 and she has changed very little (if any) in how she works - Grab a Trinity Force, build tanky items and go stick thier ADC or APC like superglue. There were some changes on PBE server earlier in the week where they reduced her Hiten Style costs from 40 mana to 0, but that got reverted. Probably for good reason as if you get rid of her main disadvantage (early game mana costs) she will become unstoppable in the midgame.

Jax I'm expecting to be back in full force as his splitpushing and duelling capabilities are possibly the best out of any champion. Renekton will always be a top competitive pick because of his outrageous early to midgame. In fact it is due to Renekton that many top laners remain unviable and is one of the main champions that keeps Jax in line (along with some toplane AP champs like Vlad and Kennen). I don't expect Zac to be competitive at all, he's been nerfed quite a lot and his regen capabilties are no where near what he was during release. Same with Jayce, there are simply much better poke/siege choices and the combination of the tear/acceleration gate nerf made him unviable.

I do expect some of the more mage/AP tops like Rumble, Vlad, Kennen to be viable again once people start to realise that the era of megatanks is over.

But seriously the biggest problem of toplane for a while now has always been Renekton. This guy has been OP since the beginning of season 3 and there has been 0 changes to him. his presence makes a lot of top laners simply unviable. His "rework" needs to come out faster.
Old 2014-03-10, 06:32   Link #4564
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Just wow...

They changed this year's All-Star matches so that the best team of each region goes. There is a slight mix-em match but it's a side-thing. The 1v1 showdowns are gone as well.

Rather confused as to why....Are they trying to give SK Telecom T1K this event on a golden platter?
Old 2014-03-13, 19:31   Link #4565
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Well after seeing it in higher ELO game, and trying I realized/feel Botrk/Youmu is better choice than Botrk/Shiv for ADC generally.

Definitely gonna build it more when I want Botrk on Quinn.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-14, 17:33   Link #4566
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

IEM Katowice World Championship Day 1 threw up some surprises in Group B.

Spoiler for IEM Katowice Day 1 results:
Old 2014-03-15, 05:49   Link #4567
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Spoiler for IEM day 1:

Edit:
Spoiler for IEM day 2:
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2014-03-15 at 09:41.
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 13:14   Link #4568
killer3000ad

Congratz to FNC for their win over C9, twitch chat and /r/leagueoflegends is full of EU vs NA trash talk now.
Old 2014-03-15, 14:49   Link #4569
CBredbeard
Banned

Got a link for the streams? My usual site isn't working.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 15:22   Link #4570
killer3000ad

http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_lol
Day 2 just ended. Tmr is the grand finals.
Old 2014-03-16, 19:53   Link #4571
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Spoiler for IEM Katowice final day results:
Old 2014-03-17, 22:51   Link #4572
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Well after seeing it in higher ELO game, and trying I realized/feel Botrk/Youmu is better choice than Botrk/Shiv for ADC generally.

Definitely gonna build it more when I want Botrk on Quinn.
Isn't that giving up the split-push passive and movement speed from Shiv away? Sure it can be ideal for dueling but it just feels like a risky item that's ideal for single-dueling in my opinion. The armor pen is definitely nice though stacking with Last Whisper.

Finally getting the time to watch IEM. Konakaga keeps talking about it and asking if I'm watching it. I want to kind of see how this goes out.

Last edited by Hooves; 2014-03-17 at 23:10.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 12:00   Link #4573
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I steer clear of champion stuff like that. Thanks to what EventStatus has shown. XD

Some sad sportsmanship.
Old 2014-03-19, 02:59   Link #4574
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Atlantean Syndra, Super Galaxy Rumble and Void Fizz.
Old 2014-03-20, 12:17   Link #4575
Kreceir

Images
Leona and her AD carry Harem
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-03-20, 19:58   Link #4576
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I actually had a difficult time figuring out some of who was who in that picture.

1st row: Sivir, Jinx, Vayne,
2nd row: Miss Fortune, Leona, Ashe
3rd row: Caitlyn, Tristana, Leona clone

They look pretty darn different.
Old 2014-03-20, 20:02   Link #4577
Pocari_Sweat

I think "Leona clone" is Quinn.
Old 2014-03-21, 00:29   Link #4578
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
I think "Leona clone" is Quinn.
Oh...

Shows how much I've mentally blocked out the existence of Quinn due to the countless number of people that have single handedly ruined games on it. I know Kona excels on Quinn, power to her. But that champ is the source of too much misery for me. Kog'Maw, Soraka and Ashe are in that boat as well. However I have changed my mind about Swain this year. I've played with some really boss ones that respected their matchups and were godly in teamfights.
Old 2014-03-23, 07:54   Link #4579
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Spoiler for Speed Dating With Lux:
Old 2014-03-23, 11:41   Link #4580
CBredbeard
Banned

Lux had it made at Kog.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol