AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 4 4.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 15.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 27.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 13.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 8.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.00%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-05, 02:28   Link #161
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

No matter what happens, I really don't want to see a Yoshida Yuji relationship flourish. Doomed love affairs are far too cheesy. IMO, Ike needs to get off his ass, STOP giving relationship advice that is contrary to his goal, and make his move on Yoshida IMMEDIATELY. I find it ridiculous that he is spending his time trying to patch things up between Yoshida and Yuuji, when it is his most opportune of times. May plot be sacrificed in the name of plot I guess
Old 2007-11-05, 02:31   Link #162
OverFunk
It will never be the year

This episode felt a little better for Wirhelmina's presence and Chigusa's appearance. Other than that, it's like it will end in Nice Boat for Yuji . I have personally not much to add in this thread, most has already been said.

(JC Staff, don't make this a Zero no Tsukaima II or Honey & Clover II. There's still plenty of space).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
No matter what happens, I really don't want to see a Yoshida Yuji relationship flourish. Doomed love affairs are far too cheesy. IMO, Ike needs to get off his ass, STOP giving relationship advice that is contrary to his goal, and make his move on Yoshida IMMEDIATELY. I find it ridiculous that he is spending his time trying to patch things up between Yoshida and Yuuji, when it is his most opportune of times. May plot be sacrificed in the name of plot I guess
It should happen eventually, although this pace is not favorable. (Lol Foreshadowing OP).

Never forget
Old 2007-11-05, 02:37   Link #163
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Hell yeah! Come on Ike I've been waiting for him to do something too! I hope he isn't going to be one of those "as long as she is happy" guys. Just by the Darwin theory they should have died out from not being able to reproduce.
Old 2007-11-05, 02:44   Link #164
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Well there is the whole thing of Yuji being practically immortal, while Yoshida is mortal... That concept alone means that Yoshida basically has no chance from the beginning, which is quite annoying as they basically added a character that everyone knew had no chance of winning which also detracts from the enjoyment of the Shana/Yoshida rivalry.
Old 2007-11-05, 02:47   Link #165
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Okay, after finally watching Zero no Tsukaima, both seasons, I have to say that I do not understand why you guys are comparing this to ZnT 2. Sure, they butchered the ending, but I found that season to be much more enjoyable than the first season. Of course, I still have my complaints, such as the rushed story, but that's it. What was evident in the first place? What is there to compare? SnS 2 dragging things out to long? That's nothing compared to the quick speed of ZnT 2.

So, I'll say this. Tell me what's wrong with this as compared to ZnT 2, now that I have fully watched this series.
Old 2007-11-05, 02:49   Link #166
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Well there is the whole thing of Yuji being practically immortal, while Yoshida is mortal... That concept alone means that Yoshida basically has no chance from the beginning, which is quite annoying as they basically added a character that everyone knew had no chance of winning which also detracts from the enjoyment of the Shana/Yoshida rivalry.
Very true. Luckily they added another character to remedy this noxious disease of a love triangle, though from the looks of the OP he won't be making his move for a very long while
Old 2007-11-05, 04:25   Link #167
Marbles
I've lost them all ^^

Wilhelmina was definitely the best part of this episode for me, she was so cute. ^^
Old 2007-11-05, 05:58   Link #168
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

As I have to be consequent:
*punches SeedFreedom with a baseball bat in the face*

Ok I feel better now.

OnTopic: Its too bad Yoshida is already on the loosing side by the fact that she is mortal. I wonder if Yuji will stay in teenager size forever? If not that might give Yoshida more chances as I cant see Yuji favorizing loli Shana over adult Yoshida in 15 years ...
Old 2007-11-05, 08:26   Link #169
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Thats an interesting point but i still dont want to see Yoshida get hurt, but it almost seems like she is fighting a losing battle (well her and Shana are both at the moment) with Yuji's new and growing powers i wonder would it be possible for him to create a new existence for him self. Kind of like how Shana barged into random girl A fromthe first season. From what i can tell there is not very much you cant do with the power of existence it just depends on how much you have at your disposal. Yuji has a shit load because of mystes abilities and the events at the end of season 1.

As for Ike dear god man i am going to be on Social sercurity by time this guy makes his move. Even if i dont want to see a IkexYoshida paring there is just no telling whats going to happen. On another note never let Wilhelmina do the cooking at your house.
Old 2007-11-05, 08:30   Link #170
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Thats an interesting point but i still dont want to see Yoshida get hurt, but it almost seems like she is fighting a losing battle (well her and Shana are both at the moment) with Yuji's new and growing powers i wonder would it be possible for him to create a new existence for him self. Kind of like how Shana barged into random girl A fromthe first season. From what i can tell there is not very much you cant do with the power of existence it just depends on how much you have at your disposal. Yuji has a shit load because of mystes abilities and the events at the end of season 1.
I wonder if Yuji has the existence of a Crimson Lord, if he powered up/learnt enough, could he bond with a normal human the way Alastor bonded with Shana. Would piss Shana off to no end
Old 2007-11-05, 08:51   Link #171
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post

Ok I feel better now.
uhhh I dont get it...
Old 2007-11-05, 09:18   Link #172
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Another 7/10 to me.

The storyline is progressing too slowly. My only wish is for the animators to speed things up. For like three episodes, the story seems to be going nowhere, i mean anime does have filler episodes, but not this early and not three in a row. This three episodes can be compressed into one or perhaps one and a half.

However, i do enjoy every moment i see Hecate. Her little actions and most of all the one and only Noto Mami's voice.
Old 2007-11-05, 09:26   Link #173
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
minhtam2448, I would like to explain why anyone would actually compare Shana with Zero No Tsukaima.

You see in terms of anime they differ drastically, though in terms of novels they are very similar. Since Zero No tsukaima novels are mostly quite serious novels having action or even gore in it (cut-off hands and so on). Except of volumes 1 and 12 (that were mostly fanservice) and comedy,Zero No tsukaima is pretty serious series, though still have lighter touch to it than Shana.

The problem lies that zero No Tsukama anime differs drastically from the novels, as it mostly ignores all serious parts and action, for the sake of boob-jokes and comedy in general. Thus anime Zero No Tsukaima and Shakugan no Shana differs too, yet in terms of novels they are similar.

Other thing that makes them similar is the similarities between female Heroines Shana and Louise,in a sense that both are tsundere type characters, and look very underage.

What is more both anime are done by the same studio (but by different teams) and has the same voice actors for main roles.

Thats why the comparison between Zero No Tsukaima and Shakugan No Shana Happens and probably will happen in the future.

Even Fumina's arc has similarities between Agnes arc from ZnT, as both are considered to be filler arcs and has some mistakes in pacing (take too long). In ZnT Agnes arc was even more painful since it wasted half of the season telling the story of a side-character that no one even cares all that much, leaving the main plot rushed and silly. Fumina's arc at least have all main characters involved even if there is no real progress so far.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2007-11-05 at 10:56.
Old 2007-11-05, 09:44   Link #174
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
yep, you've got it exactly.

I have no idea why any of this should be surprising to anyone after an entire season has already been aired. If anyone is expecting this to somehow be way above how s1 was, I suggest you lower your expectations here and now.
Oh I'm very aware of that.

Which is why complaining about it is actually alot more fun then it should be.

Hell, it practically becomes a hobby at this point.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2007-11-05, 11:35   Link #175
rozenfreak123
Kanna-chan/Rin-chan Lover

It would seem that Margery will become USEFUL in the next episode but we'll see if that will happen or not and will Shana and Kazumi stop sulking because it's so unattractive.
Old 2007-11-05, 11:54   Link #176
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozenfreak123 View Post
It would seem that Margery will become USEFUL in the next episode but we'll see if that will happen or not and will Shana and Kazumi stop sulking because it's so unattractive.
Margery has always been useful, she single handedly keeps several breweries opened.
Old 2007-11-05, 14:05   Link #177
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post

Ok I feel better now.

OnTopic: Its too bad Yoshida is already on the loosing side by the fact that she is mortal. I wonder if Yuji will stay in teenager size forever? If not that might give Yoshida more chances as I cant see Yuji favorizing loli Shana over adult Yoshida in 15 years ...
Isn't it a bit odd to punch someone in the face with a bat? I mean sure you can swing it and just smack them. But punching seems a bit misplaced since you'd have to grabt the head of the bat and just throw a punch. But attack in any way you wish I guess.

True enough that Ike needs to get a move on. Sure he gave some advice but it's not going to help much unless he gives a detailed essay on the subject for Yuuji. Besides with Yoshida being distanced from Yuji he should at least do something. But from the OP we may have to wait quite a while.

Will be nice if Margery does more than lay around and assist the breweries. We need something major to happen to get her on the move. Seems though she will get involved in this geometric love situation.
Old 2007-11-05, 14:30   Link #178
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Margery has always been useful, she single handedly keeps several breweries opened.
She also helps the viewer remind that female characters in this show can actually have a set of breasts.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2007-11-05, 14:39   Link #179
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
She also helps the viewer remind that female characters in this show can actually have a set of breasts.

Jesus Christ! It`s a Yoshida! Get in between the boobs!
Old 2007-11-05, 15:09   Link #180
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

OK, checked previous post and now i understand. Even if you say SnS isnt all about action we aren't getting any! i like char development, but not when it doesn't go anywhere. Shana still isn't being honest about her feelings, and neither is Yoshida or Ike. and the situation hasn't changed for 4 eps. if they actually accomplished anything in those eps that would be great but its starting to feel like i could skip those eps, jump back to the series 10 eps later and not miss a beat. its getting really stupid.
Closed Thread