AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st - rating
Perfect 10 61 43.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 30.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 8.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.16%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-23, 19:31   Link #61
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I do remember the city being flooded.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2010-01-23, 19:50   Link #62
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluna View Post
But Nanoha still bleeds, so Fate is still crueler than her TV version counterpart if any.
Awesome! Damn, Fate is finally as badass as she should have been when she first appeared in the series, even if she apologizes for it.

Quote:
- Precia holds a staff instead this time. Whether she used it or not I don't remember much anymore.
- Arf's iris eye changed when she tore apart Precia's barrier.
Huh... wondering why they changed that.
Old 2010-01-23, 20:22   Link #63
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Awesome!

Damn, Fate is finally as badass as she should have been when she first appeared in the series, even if she apologizes for it.
Sounds like a movie I would be interested in, but if they're holding nothing back and it's going to get really messy especially with the main characters, I wouldn't be able to stomach it. OK call me soft for thinking that.

Wouldn't it be ironic that some shows takes longer to branch out without alot of violence, but the same series or movie would get licensed alot quicker if it involves more violence.
Old 2010-01-23, 20:43   Link #64
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
- Precia is SS
!!!

I thought she was "only" S rank. It's surprising that Lindy and Chrono dared to confront her; they're lucky that she was dying. That makes her the most powerful character in the whole series, with the possible exception of Reinforce 1.
Old 2010-01-23, 20:53   Link #65
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
!!!

I thought she was "only" S rank. It's surprising that Lindy and Chrono dared to confront her; they're lucky that she was dying. That makes her the most powerful character in the whole series, with the possible exception of Reinforce 1.
Hayate is SS, though she is lacking in other areas...

Reinforce is SSS.

But I am surprised Precia is SS...I mean, wth...Lindy would have no chance against her.
Old 2010-01-23, 21:07   Link #66
Iluna
Silent Whitemoon

Oh

I forgot to fix this mistake : Arf is official spelt Alph (from the booklet), Precia is spelt Pressea

Another interesting tidbits about their style, though this is rather obvious to see.

Nanoha is Air / Cannon Shooting type
Fate is Air / High Mobility type
Yuuno is Boundary Magician
Alph is Mid Range Attacker
Pressea is Dimensional Magician / Technology Technican, Inventor and Employer
Rynith is General Purpose type
Chrono is Independant General Purpose type
Lindy is Backbone attacker and Supporter

Another few more changes to note :
- The second monster that made Nanoha met Fate the first time was actually a mix of the monster from ep.2 (design refined) with the situation from episode 4 (where Nanoha met Fate the first time in that episode, as well as a kitten played around with the Jewel Seed scene, in the movie that kitten was posessed.), the location was changed as well. No longer in Suzuka's house.
- Of course, Suzuka's sister and her maid did not appear as well.
- Ep.5 is also completely removed. Instead Ep.6 turns to be their second encounter instead of the third in the TV series.
- During the interval (one week), Nanoha had her image training while Fate kept looking for the Jewel Seeds, the scene was new. However, Arisa did have an arguement with Nanoha (for neglecting Arisa and etc) and this did not change.
- The location where Chrono appeared to stop both Nanoha and Fate from fighting was also changed. (Ep.7)

Last edited by Iluna; 2010-01-23 at 21:24.
Old 2010-01-23, 21:21   Link #67
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
But I am surprised Precia is SS...I mean, wth...Lindy would have no chance against her.
.... Oh, how disappointed I am that we never got an awesome Lindy vs Precia smackdown. >>;;;
Old 2010-01-23, 21:46   Link #68
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Is Precia supposed to be an SS-rank in her prime, or an SS-rank while she's slowly dying? Because if its in her prime, I daresay Lindy stands a chance.
Old 2010-01-23, 21:48   Link #69
Tabasco

Precia would've had to be on death's doorstep for that to be anything like fair. Unless she's so specialized as a dimensional mage that she's a creampuff in a fight, kind of like Hayate.

I was interested in the movie from the moment 'fight scene rewritten as air to air dogfights' got mentioned.

I do hope we get some good fansubs out of this, I'd say the odds of an R1 release are dismal.
Old 2010-01-23, 21:53   Link #70
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Heck, even when she was weak during season one because of her sickness, Precia was still a pretty powerful mage. She certainly could have gone toe to toe with Lindy if they'd had a fight, even if only for a few minutes before her cough of death kicked in and put her down.
Old 2010-01-23, 21:55   Link #71
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluna
- Fate, unlike in the TV series, mentions Aricia in a lot of scenes. First of it would in the part where Fate and Nanoha had their final showdown, which that actually distracts her from fighting.
I don't get how this works. Fate shouldn't know Alicia existed considering that would mean Fate knew she was a clone...Unless Fate thought Alicia was her sister that died?? I don't recall ever seeing anything to indicate Fate thought she had a sister, though.
Old 2010-01-23, 21:56   Link #72
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I thought that Fate only knew of Alicia when Precia confessed that she hated her all along. (where Fate is in her white clothes after the final confrontation)

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2010-01-23, 22:05   Link #73
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Well, it's an AU. Precia could have tricked Fate into thinking Alicia was her sister so she'd be more driven to gather the Jewel Seeds.
Old 2010-01-23, 22:11   Link #74
Iluna
Silent Whitemoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I don't get how this works. Fate shouldn't know Alicia existed considering that would mean Fate knew she was a clone...Unless Fate thought Alicia was her sister that died?? I don't recall ever seeing anything to indicate Fate thought she had a sister, though.
During the final encounter with Nanoha, Fate had a reminiscene about her moments with Pressea until Pressea calls her Aricia. Which distracts Fate from the fight.

You're right, at that time she wasn't even suppose to know who she is because Fate mentioned this line in the movie as well.

Fate "Aricia? I'm not Aricia, mother, I'm Fate"

Come to think about it, I just check ep.11 of the TV series and it has this as well. Except that she reminiscene about that BEFORE the fight starts. Hence that particular change has to be fixed a little.

And as well Fate did scream for her mother, and Aricia when Pressea falls to her death.
Old 2010-01-24, 00:22   Link #75
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
It's kinda hard to believe that your cousin would involve in something that isn't germane to him/her.

Plus, it's pretty hard to drag the mouse all the way to the bottom with such coordination and precision to hit the 1 area and click the 'vote button.'

Other than that, if it's true, I'd appreciate if a mod discarded it as well.
yea well, if you assume it realy was me, go ahead and think so. hell, i'll even drill that point into your head. I'LL VOTE SMACK ABOUT IT ALL I WANT. And because 1 was the closest to the vote button. It's only movies like The pianist that'll ever deserve a vote that's anywhere above 6.

Quote:
Yuuno is Boundary Magician
Yuuno: Abandoned Line [Aimless Journey to the Abandoned Station]!!!

*cough*sorry, couldn't help it

Last edited by Nya~n; 2010-01-24 at 04:41.
Old 2010-01-24, 02:37   Link #76
Dr. Casey

The reviews are pouring in. From what I can tell, the general consensus is that Nanoha the Movie 1st... is one of the greatest films ever created.

Everyone... we have on our hands the cinematic experience of a lifetime.
Old 2010-01-24, 02:46   Link #77
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
The reviews are pouring in. From what I can tell, the general consensus is that Nanoha the Movie 1st... is one of the greatest films ever created.

Everyone... we have on our hands the cinematic experience of a lifetime.
Links please.
Old 2010-01-24, 02:51   Link #78
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

So, (and I'm NOT asking for raws, don't think that I am,) how are you guys voting if the movie is only in theaters several thousand miles away?

Unless you're IN Japan, and either mastered a second language or are more hardcore otaku than I'll ever be.
Old 2010-01-24, 03:36   Link #79
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
During the final encounter with Nanoha, Fate had a reminiscene about her moments with Pressea until Pressea calls her Aricia. Which distracts Fate from the fight.

You're right, at that time she wasn't even suppose to know who she is because Fate mentioned this line in the movie as well.

Fate "Aricia? I'm not Aricia, mother, I'm Fate"

Come to think about it, I just check ep.11 of the TV series and it has this as well. Except that she reminiscene about that BEFORE the fight starts. Hence that particular change has to be fixed a little.
Yea, I remember that as well. She also decides to ignore this inconsistency which makes me feel that she probably felt something was up for a very long time but chose to not think about it.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-01-24, 03:49   Link #80
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
I guess the producers wanted to make the scene to have more impact and emotion.
Did it ever come to you that maybe the censorship of cinema movies is not as strict as those of the TV series?
I mean if I was a movie director and wanted to make Fate more cruel, I would have made Fate do something worse to giant kitty.
Closed Thread