AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-18, 04:39   Link #1321
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

My guess is it will be Dommel's replacement battleship...or perhaps the replacement for the old Battlecarrier (which we've also not seen yet).

Presently it looks like a cross between the older battleship (from Pluto base) and the newer battlecruiser (episode 10) or the early model Galman flagship from Yamato III (the first Galman fleet seen in the first few episodes).
Old 2012-12-19, 01:32   Link #1322
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
My guess is it will be Dommel's replacement battleship...or perhaps the replacement for the old Battlecarrier (which we've also not seen yet).

Presently it looks like a cross between the older battleship (from Pluto base) and the newer battlecruiser (episode 10) or the early model Galman flagship from Yamato III (the first Galman fleet seen in the first few episodes).
You're probably correct.
I can see that ship replacing Dommel's "gray" battleship, or being the old battlecarrier's new clothes.

It certainly does remind me of the Galman battleships we see in Yamato III.
I was wondering if perhaps it was an improved version of the "standard" dreadnaught that Shultz, and Goer use.
Old 2012-12-19, 07:20   Link #1323
macdawson

The basic body of the Hyzeraad is pretty much like the Gaiderol class dreadnought, the biggest difference is the bow section and then in smaller details like the cannons, the placemment of the "eyes" and rear stabilizers. Besides the name, the rest of the ship designation is the same as the Gaiderol. Seeing as she seems to have actual cannons much like the EX-178, she must be in the same for the Gaiderol as the EX-178 is for the Destoria, probably an older model. As to it being the replacement for the Domelus III, if we compare the 2, the Domelus seems to be way more powerful than this, really top of the line. As for being the new design for the red carrier, doubt they would divert that much from the old design since they have kept faithfull to the others, excepting design tweeks meant to update the design. The one exception to this design faithfulness so far is the UX-01 Dimensional Submarine that is a huge departure from the simpler design used in Yamato III.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 15:25   Link #1324
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Replacement does not always mean an improvement. It would simply be what he's get after his failure to destroy Yamato (and perhaps lose his other battleship). It would be better than the SMITE ship yacht he had in the orignal.

I'm starting to think that the EX-178 is a newer and superior design to the Destoria. Based on it being larger and possibly faster. Also the guns with barrels in the orignal material started appearing on some of the newer designs (the Battle Carriers and some of the Galman battleships).

UX-01 looks like a predicessor to the Bolar Wars submarine in the respect of going from an Early war German U-boat to a late war U-boat (boat like to torpedo like hulls)
Old 2012-12-19, 16:46   Link #1325
macdawson

Al i know is the UX-01 looks awesome. I wouldn't like to be ambushed by that baby. Anyone else is getting a feeling they'll use the meteor polarization system/ring defense in that battle?The Yamato just having something like that as it did in the original does fall flat, especially since they do have shields. But in a situation like this, against a nearly invisible enemy and with the kind of damage those torpedos seem capable of, judgind from the massive hole on the side of the ship, not to mention that it seems even if they're destroyed, the shrapnel seems to embed on the hull and explode just the same (and kill many crew members), they might have to come up with some means of defense, other than the WM Shield (wich either don't work against the torpedoes or are rapidly depleted), and given the battle is being fought in an asteroid field, it makes some sense. The ring defense appearing out of necessity would fit nicely.
Old 2012-12-19, 17:46   Link #1326
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The asteroid ring is one of those iconic visuals the animators did several times over the course of the series. Only twice with the actual defense system (though they used something similar in the third season in one of the efforts to control the sun), they used variants of Yamato flying through a ring of asteroids or similar material a few more times in the films.

So it would qualify as a Yamato thing...so naturally they will do it at some piont.

The mystery now is the Drill Missile, since in earlier interviews they mentioned debating about that a lot in production. We know the three carriers are around and there will likely be a battle of the Rainbow Galaxy at some point in the season, and they will likely still have a SMITE device as that was the key tactic (they might not since they've removed the space mines). But we don't know if Dommel will ahve the little SMITE ship or if the Red Battle Carrier will appear (it was heavily used in later series as well in some form).
Old 2012-12-19, 18:32   Link #1327
enrico7113

I believe the new ship could be a new design based on an older model the gaiderol refitted to carry a sperimental new special weapon (dessler gun)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
The basic body of the Hyzeraad is pretty much like the Gaiderol class dreadnought, the biggest difference is the bow section and then in smaller details like the cannons, the placemment of the "eyes" and rear stabilizers. Besides the name, the rest of the ship designation is the same as the Gaiderol. Seeing as she seems to have actual cannons much like the EX-178, she must be in the same for the Gaiderol as the EX-178 is for the Destoria, probably an older model. As to it being the replacement for the Domelus III, if we compare the 2, the Domelus seems to be way more powerful than this, really top of the line. As for being the new design for the red carrier, doubt they would divert that much from the old design since they have kept faithfull to the others, excepting design tweeks meant to update the design. The one exception to this design faithfulness so far is the UX-01 Dimensional Submarine that is a huge departure from the simpler design used in Yamato III.
I believe the L class as christened by the UNCF or the class the EX 178 belongs to is a paraller class to the destoria with some different features
for example the "eyes" backward position is similar to the one of the bigger battleships
regarding the weapons I believe the 2 ships are equal maybe the new class is superior when it comes to sensors or the ability to carry fighters or the superior engines department

Quote:
Replacement does not always mean an improvement. It would simply be what he's get after his failure to destroy Yamato (and perhaps lose his other battleship). It would be better than the SMITE ship yacht he had in the orignal.

I'm starting to think that the EX-178 is a newer and superior design to the Destoria. Based on it being larger and possibly faster. Also the guns with barrels in the orignal material started appearing on some of the newer designs (the Battle Carriers and some of the Galman battleships).

UX-01 looks like a predicessor to the Bolar Wars submarine in the respect of going from an Early war German U-boat to a late war U-boat (boat like to torpedo like hulls)
I believe the new sub is more in line with the other ships of the fleet and more similar in shape carrying the distinctive features of the other vessels of the gamilas fleet while the sub in Yamato III was not that awesome ... as for the ships of Yamato III they were not as beautiful nor detailed as the ones in the first 2 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
Al i know is the UX-01 looks awesome. I wouldn't like to be ambushed by that baby. Anyone else is getting a feeling they'll use the meteor polarization system/ring defense in that battle?The Yamato just having something like that as it did in the original does fall flat, especially since they do have shields. But in a situation like this, against a nearly invisible enemy and with the kind of damage those torpedos seem capable of, judgind from the massive hole on the side of the ship, not to mention that it seems even if they're destroyed, the shrapnel seems to embed on the hull and explode just the same (and kill many crew members), they might have to come up with some means of defense, other than the WM Shield (wich either don't work against the torpedoes or are rapidly depleted), and given the battle is being fought in an asteroid field, it makes some sense. The ring defense appearing out of necessity would fit nicely.
I hope they will keep the old design it was one of the best ships

Quote:

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-12-19 at 20:58. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double/triple/quad posting.
enrico7113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 18:49   Link #1328
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The notes were calling te EX-178 a Meltoria-class battlecruiser.
Old 2012-12-19, 19:24   Link #1329
macdawson

There is at least a Meltoria class cruiser in Domel's fleet when he attacks the Gatlantis fleet so they're still around. From the trailer, it's actually the ship leading the attack, right in the front.
Old 2012-12-19, 19:41   Link #1330
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A battlecruiser leading the heavy cruisers makes sense. Were the flagship is we don't know yet, as we see Dommel's ship coming out of warp someplace and that he was a huge fleet.
Old 2012-12-20, 03:56   Link #1331
enrico7113

what are the eyes in the gamilas ships ?
previously they were energy guns
Old 2012-12-20, 04:13   Link #1332
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The producers say intakes. We assume like to take either free hydrogen as fuel or maybe tachyons or something for their wave motion engines.

On the battleships, battlecruiser, and submarines they looks more like intakes with grills over the front while the older style ships seem to be open.

The production staff said they are dark when the ship is powered down, green when cruising and the more traditional orange-yellow glow when powered for combat. They suggest it is so that their enemies know when they mean to fight.

The carriers don't have noticable "eyes" on them anyplace.
Old 2012-12-20, 09:12   Link #1333
enrico7113

ship eyes

showing the colour changes would give the enemy a small advantage knowing what to expect
either fire first or jump
I was guessing it could be similar to the submarines sonar that go from passive to active
or weapons guidance with passive or active systems
Old 2012-12-20, 13:05   Link #1334
GundamFan0083

Quote:
The producers say intakes. We assume like to take either free hydrogen as fuel or maybe tachyons or something for their wave motion engines.

On the battleships, battlecruiser, and submarines they looks more like intakes with grills over the front while the older style ships seem to be open.

The production staff said they are dark when the ship is powered down, green when cruising and the more traditional orange-yellow glow when powered for combat. They suggest it is so that their enemies know when they mean to fight.

The carriers don't have noticable "eyes" on them anyplace.
They took that from star trek.
Glad to see they did too.
In the old star trek, the warp nacelle "ram-scoops" for hydrogen (the red tips) were grey when the engines were not in use.
Yellow when at idle.
And red when they were active.
Well...that's how they were supposed to be shown in the series, but just like the phasers and photons, the special effects staff didn't always get it right.
Old 2012-12-20, 14:17   Link #1335
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

THe powered down, non-hostile eye could also give the Gamilas an excuse to start a war. "They fired on a ship that was not prepared for combat".

Of course at a first contact, the enemy won't know what that means anyway.
Old 2012-12-20, 20:04   Link #1336
macdawson

Tim Eldred has posted this picture from Great Mechanics DX #23 on the community page on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CosmoDNA?fref=ts)

It's Domel's redesigned "flying saucer" ship. I must say, it looks way better than the 1974 version.

Old 2012-12-20, 21:37   Link #1337
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Reminds a little of the Dark Nebula frigates save in white. Just the shape.
Old 2012-12-21, 17:11   Link #1338
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I just looked back on the Yamato2199.net page for Dommel's flag battleship. The SMITE ship appears to be the bridge of that ship. My guess now is that it is an escape ship for when Yamato takes out his flagship. He gets home and is given one more chance to stop Yamato. Has his ship refitted with the SMITE device and goes hunting with the remains of his fleet (the carrier force).

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-12-21 at 17:29. Reason: image
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 01:22   Link #1339
GundamFan0083

Oh, good observation on your part Ithekro.
I hadn't noticed that.
You are probably correct.
I mean, time will tell, but the way the awesome is pouring out of this series I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 2012-12-22, 18:07   Link #1340
macdawson

And the Domel generals group is complete

Karis Kraitze

Ryle Gettoh

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato