AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-01-23, 12:14   Link #5161
gordol
Banned

■ガンダムWフローズンティアドロップス
P367
サブリナとエリックが爆破テロで死亡。
カテリナはシス・マーキスであることをやめサンクキングダムへ帰還。
姪のカテリーナの母に。
時間軸がラストでようやく現代に戻り、ゼクスも登場。
敵・移動要塞バベルも登場。以下次号。

ドクターたちの本名判明。
呉王龍が老師O
ヘンリー・フィーアがH教授

Looks like where are back to Mars in the end of this chapter!
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 16:14   Link #5162
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
- Sabrina and Eric die in a terrorist bombing.
- Katerina returns to the Sanc Kingdom to stop Six Merquise.
- As the timeshift finally returns to the present, Zechs appears.
- The enemy mobile fortress Babel also appears

- The doctor and the others real names are made known.
- Master O's name is 呉王龍 (Goh idk)
- Instructor H's name is Henri Vier (Fia)
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 20:23   Link #5163
gordol
Banned

■ガンダムWフローズンティアドロップス
P367-
「寂寥の狂詩曲・V」
表紙(モノクロ)は女王カテリナ ※本物のカテリナ

サブリナとエリックが爆破テロで死亡。

カテリナはシス・マーキスであることをやめ宇宙空間での
ヒイロ・ユイとのダンスを思い出にサンクキングダムへ帰還。
姪のカテリーナの母に。
時間軸がラストでようやく現代(MC-0022 NEXT WINTER)に戻り、
トールギス・ヘブンに乗ったゼクスも登場。
ラナグリン共和国の移動要塞バベルも登場。
以下次号。
挿絵は宇宙空間で遊泳(ダンス)するカテリナと初代ヒイロ。

ドクターたちの本名判明。
呉王龍(ウー・ワンロン)が老師O
ヘンリー・フィーアがH教授

P336にはバレンタインチョコを作るリリーナと
そのチョコを食べるヒイロのイラスト。

a few more details
Old 2013-02-02, 13:29   Link #5164
gordol
Banned

Old 2013-02-02, 13:37   Link #5165
FalsePrime

Some nice art. Still I'm fairly happy one of them died this chapter just so we can move back to Mars Era, I'm long passed tired of the back story.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 16:42   Link #5166
susyia

yeah me too
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 12:45   Link #5167
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

I was going to post sooner but thanks to Eeni I had to go gouge my eyes out (you evil person, you). Anyway, nice to see Sumizawa is still teasing us with Heero and Katrina back story. I wonder which classical piece he chose for the space waltz. Or perhaps they're singing? Whatever the case, I know I'll have my fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Talking about his flashback in EW, remember the conversation between Dekim and Doctor J where the former said that Heero be retrained and that their weapon didn't need human emotions like kindness. Even though J wasn't fully on board with the Barton's plan, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think he tried to bury Heero's emotions.
Oh, I remember that. But if that is supposed to be the excuse for his lunatic behavior, then it's more than halfhearted. Besides, retraining someone to lose his humanity makes me think he'd become more detached like Trowa, not stark raving mad.

On another random side note (yet again), I've been watching Wing and I noticed something peculiar in the opening:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

...why is Duo bearing a coat of arms? Out of all the cast, he's pretty much the last person I'd peg as nobility, being a street urchin and of American descent and all. Although the knight in shining armor thing kinda fits. lol
It's also funny that he has wolves. I guess the Fenris thing with Jr. wasn't as out of left field as I initially thought.

Did the writers omit something like with Wu Fei being a newtype?
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 18:10   Link #5168
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
I was going to post sooner but thanks to Eeni I had to go gouge my eyes out (you evil person, you). Anyway, nice to see Sumizawa is still teasing us with Heero and Katrina back story. I wonder which classical piece he chose for the space waltz. Or perhaps they're singing? Whatever the case, I know I'll have my fun.

Oh, I remember that. But if that is supposed to be the excuse for his lunatic behavior, then it's more than halfhearted. Besides, retraining someone to lose his humanity makes me think he'd become more detached like Trowa, not stark raving mad.

On another random side note (yet again), I've been watching Wing and I noticed something peculiar in the opening:

Images

...why is Duo bearing a coat of arms? Out of all the cast, he's pretty much the last person I'd peg as nobility, being a street urchin and of American descent and all. Although the knight in shining armor thing kinda fits. lol
It's also funny that he has wolves. I guess the Fenris thing with Jr. wasn't as out of left field as I initially thought.

Did the writers omit something like with Wu Fei being a newtype?
The original plan had Wufei being a Newtype but it was chucked... even though they kept a lot of the newtypeish feel to some of the plot points. Like the whole Lady Une scene in space where she was visiting the colonies, or Quatre during Heero's self detonation... and even the battle between the Gundams and the Mobile Dolls being controlled by Dorothy there were lots of moments that hinted at a "sensory" feeling even if there wasn't a newtype flash or anything.
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 18:34   Link #5169
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
The original plan had Wufei being a Newtype but it was chucked... even though they kept a lot of the newtypeish feel to some of the plot points. Like the whole Lady Une scene in space where she was visiting the colonies, or Quatre during Heero's self detonation... and even the battle between the Gundams and the Mobile Dolls being controlled by Dorothy there were lots of moments that hinted at a "sensory" feeling even if there wasn't a newtype flash or anything.
Yes even now watching the reaction between Quatre and Dorothy in that battle you can nearly fell as if they are going to New Type Flash which has always stood out as odd.

Though I wouldn't lie if I said I hadn't wondered if Sumizawa would throw one in for Quatre, Wufei or even Heero (I really doubt the last one, but given he is the lead and supposed to be the Heart of Outerspace anythign is possible I guess) during Frozen's run. With Kira suddenly having it near the end of Destiny it's not out of the question to just throw a New Type Flash out explained or otherwise anymore.
Old 2013-02-04, 21:17   Link #5170
Eeni

Quote:

Images

For some reason I always thought that that was supposed to be a lion, but a wolf really would fit Duo best. I like the idea of a wolf crest.

People waltzing in space.... I'm glad they're worried about floating away in the least ^_^

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 19:20   Link #5171
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
No, oddly enough the Newtype flash popped up elsewhere. While there wasn't much of a flash, I can name at least two occasions in which the Newtype flash sound was heard; one is in episode 9, when Zechs realizes he'll kill himself, if he keeps going with the Tallgeese. And in episode 15 Noin contributes one, just before Trowa slices Acht to pieces.

My question wasn't about Wu Fei though, but Duo. Aside from his type of character being initially thought of as protagonist material, there were no other rumors about him in particular, were there?

As I said, the coat of arms strikes me as odd. Deathscythe H has a definite medieval vibe to it, but that's no reason its pilot does, too. Duo himself should have featured something relating to the Catholic Church in those opening shots, like that cloak and cross he's wearing in one of the art books.
All the others appear with something relating to their character. He's the odd one out, hence why I ask if there was some scrapped concept involving him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Though I wouldn't lie if I said I hadn't wondered if Sumizawa would throw one in for Quatre, Wufei or even Heero (I really doubt the last one, but given he is the lead and supposed to be the Heart of Outerspace anything is possible I guess) during Frozen's run.
Oh, I don't know about that. Lookie here:
Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
For some reason I always thought that that was supposed to be a lion, but a wolf really would fit Duo best. I like the idea of a wolf crest.
Images

For some inexplicable reason I kept thinking it was a bear, until I looked closer. And agreed, wolves fit Duo the most. Aside from lions being way too evocative of royalty, dogs'/wolves' involvement with the Underworld in numerous mythologies is just too convenient. And now we have Jr. calling himself Fenrir, too. Couldn't be more fitting than that, could it?

Though I wish Jr. had gone for Garmr instead of Fenris. I can't help but think Sumizawa is dropping an oh so subtle hint that at some point Jr. will try to kill Heero; perhaps because he remembered that he couldn't kill Relena in episode 6 already and will consequently try to protect the closest thing to a lady friend he ever had from the others.
Which reminds me, why does killing Relena make any sense again? If she's gone, all the Noinheims have to do is choose another trigger for the PPP and voilà, they're in the same mess again. I mean- Ugh, this novel.

Quote:
People waltzing in space.... I'm glad they're worried about floating away in the least ^_^
Honestly, I'm really curious as to why they're dancing in space. All I know is that it will be cheesy and I'm so looking forward to that, because, yes I admit it, I severely enjoy the hilarity that is (or was) the Heero-Katrina-Sabrina relationship. I've seldom laughed harder, both at the intentionally and unintentionally funny parts. J's shippy password and Heero's reaction for example were pure gold.

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2013-02-06 at 19:32.
Old 2013-02-06, 19:40   Link #5172
FalsePrime

Quote:
No, oddly enough the Newtype flash popped up elsewhere. While there wasn't much of a flash, I can name at least two occasions in which the Newtype flash sound was heard; one is in episode 9, when Zechs realizes he'll kill himself, if he keeps going with the Tallgeese. And in episode 15 Noin contributes one, just before Trowa slices Acht to pieces.

My question wasn't about Wu Fei though, but Duo. Aside from his type of character being initially thought of as protagonist material, there were no other rumors about him in particular, were there?

As I said, the coat of arms strikes me as odd. Deathscythe H has a definite medieval vibe to it, but that's no reason its pilot does, too. Duo himself should have featured something relating to the Catholic Church in those opening shots, like that cloak and cross he's wearing in one of the art books.
All the others appear with something relating to their character. He's the odd one out, hence why I ask if there was some scrapped concept involving him.

Oh, I don't know about that. Lookie here:
Images

Images

For some inexplicable reason I kept thinking it was a bear, until I looked closer. And agreed, wolves fit Duo the most. Aside from lions being way too evocative of royalty, dogs'/wolves' involvement with the Underworld in numerous mythologies is just too convenient. And now we have Jr. calling himself Fenrir, too. Couldn't be more fitting than that, could it?

Though I wish Jr. had gone for Garmr instead of Fenris. I can't help but think Sumizawa is dropping an oh so subtle hint that at some point Jr. will try to kill Heero; perhaps because he remembered that he couldn't kill Relena in episode 6 already and will consequently try to protect the closest thing to a lady friend he ever had from the others.
Which reminds me, why does killing Relena make any sense again? If she's gone, all the Noinheims have to do is choose another trigger for the PPP and voilà, they're in the same mess again. I mean- Ugh, this novel.

Honestly, I'm really curious as to why they're dancing in space. All I know is that it will be cheesy and I'm so looking forward to that, because, yes I admit it, I severely enjoy the hilarity that is (or was) the Heero-Katrina-Sabrina relationship. I've seldom laughed harder, both at the intentionally and unintentionally funny parts. J's shippy password and Heero's reaction for example were pure gold.
It's true Heero did have that, I still think that Heero is unlikely, as it is outside of Heero the only fully human, normal pilot lead is Garrod. As it stands having Heero not be a newtype or rip off of it is keeping him fairly unique. That and I can't imagine how they would distinguish it from Zero when Zero acts as both New Type Flash and Pressure.

It certainly could happen, I just don't expect it.
Old 2013-02-06, 21:15   Link #5173
Mkam

【20】GW Frozen Teardrop rhapsody IV
http://blog.yeshj.com/ntcace/articles/1741621.html
Mkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 10:42   Link #5174
Mareike

Some thoughts, I think, of Rhapsody V. Seems like Cyrene's suffered a serious wound.
It's days like these that I desperately want to instantly learn Kanji. :\

寂寥の狂詩曲・Ⅴ
MC-0022 NEXT WINTER

・デュオってなんでミルのことは普通に名前で呼ぶのに
 何でカトリーヌのことはウィナー家のお嬢さんって呼ぶんだろ。

・朝食を済ませてからミルとカトリーヌはその場から席を外していたみたいで
 別行動を取っていたのか、一緒にいたのか…どっちなの!
 2人とも損傷したトールギス・ヘブンを確認しているし
 同時にナイナ達のいる部屋に戻ってきているので、後者だとニヨニヨ。

・ナイナのことを「姉さん」と、キュレネのことは「父上」と呼んでるミル可愛い。
 ノインさんのことは母上呼びで確定…かな?
 負傷した父が帰還したことで焦りを見せたあたり、親子仲は悪くはなさそう。

・トールギス・ヘブン損傷、キュレネ重傷、ラナグリン共和国の軍、本隊が接近。
 キュレネは相当深手を負っている模様。
 カトリーヌが誰か迎えに行ったほうがいいと言っているので
 普通に考えればヒイロが動きそうですが
 まさかのノインさん、或いは双子が行ったら私得すぎる。
 というか、ノインさんはキュレネの傍にいて背中を守りたかったはず。
 ノインさんの心境を思うと切ない。
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 11:33   Link #5175
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

If it's just kanji, try rikaichan. I dare say it's the best translator currently out there.
Old 2013-02-08, 13:36   Link #5176
gordol
Banned

Lineart fucking when????

katoki's wing designs are his best, and they are denying them to us...
Old 2013-02-09, 01:32   Link #5177
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Lineart fucking when????

katoki's wing designs are his best, and they are denying them to us...
I certainly agree that Katoki's EW designs are among his best work (though I do love me some UC designs) and I to am excited to see the changes. I still have hope that at least Snow White will be failrly unique given it's origin in the Novel. The four others plus Epyon White make sense to be +'s, but Snow White looking like Wing/Zero will be really odd.
Old 2013-02-09, 23:19   Link #5178
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
I certainly agree that Katoki's EW designs are among his best work (though I do love me some UC designs) and I to am excited to see the changes. I still have hope that at least Snow White will be failrly unique given it's origin in the Novel. The four others plus Epyon White make sense to be +'s, but Snow White looking like Wing/Zero will be really odd.
You think they'll pass the chance to reuse the MGs frames?
Old 2013-02-10, 00:10   Link #5179
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
You think they'll pass the chance to reuse the MGs frames?
No, that is why I fully expect Warlock and the rest to be evolutions of previous suits just as Prometheus is.

However Snow White could very well be different. I don't really expect it, but Heero is faily popular and XXXG frame is variable enough that it can be modded and lastly the story reasons allow for Snow White to be largely unique from Wing.

All this said this is a boon in a way if Snow White is just an eveolution of Wing, and that would mean a Remaster/2.0 of Zero at the very least would be likely. Bandai won't ever release a brand new suit with a frame that is already several years old and will continue to get older as time goes on.
Old 2013-02-10, 19:59   Link #5180
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

After all the crap they've pulled up to this point, I more or less demand that they give us unique Gundams. 90% of all the "new" characters introduced look like carbon copies of the old cast already. If the suits are copies of the old ones, too, people will be pissed. Rightfully so. (though I guess it would be kinda hilarious)

I don't mind if the new suits pay homage to the old ones. But if Snow White turns out to be Wing Zero with different weapons and a slightly different paint job... well, let's just say I'm not reading the novel for its amazing story.

Talking about the story, I just read through the (horribly google translated) 20th chapter. From what I could make out, there's some dude called Bill Maxwell (or something along those lines; the Chinese pronunciation sounds like "beer Maxwell") who is a distant relative of Eric Shergold? I believe it says something about him being on L2 doing volunteer charity work, so there's reason to believe that man is Father Maxwell.

Also, Sabrina gave birth to her daughter when she was 17. Meaning she was at most about 16 when she married Eric.
...No wonder that second pic looks to me like the cover to some weird TreizexRelena lolicon doujin. It's called 'jail bait' for a reason, Sumizawa. >_>

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing