AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-15, 01:35   Link #201
ani_d

OD, I'm gonna look forward to reading your perception of Alto's blatant jealousy since I also can't think of a scene where he got jealous over Ranka. The closest was when he saw her with Michael and it hit me more as a concern from his part.

Outside the story though, here's a magnificent jealous shot of Alto for you lol

Macross Vampire Knight with mushroom head on the side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo
I suggest you take off your shipping glasses and look at the actual show itself and realize that Galaxy (or what's left of it) is being set up to be the final opponents. In other words no chance in hell of a Galaxy ending, Sheryl has a higher chance of sacrificing herself in Valkyrie to protect Alto's life.
Unless Grace is the government of Galaxy and everyone living on it are plotting against Sheryl, then maybe Sheryl doesn't deserve to be with Galaxy. I don't think so. Though there may be bad vibes around it, there's always going to be victims from Galaxy---victims such as the residents living in it.
Old 2008-07-15, 01:50   Link #202
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I don't think Alto has shown jealousy over anything, other than being jealous that Michael was kicking butt and taking names in Valkyries before Alto could.
Old 2008-07-15, 01:54   Link #203
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I don't think Alto has shown jealousy over anything, other than being jealous that Michael was kicking butt and taking names in Valkyries before Alto could.
Don't be silly. He's obviously jealous of Brera and how his stylish outfit exposes him from neck to waist.
Old 2008-07-15, 01:55   Link #204
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Don't be silly. He's obviously jealous of Brera and how his stylish outfit exposes him from neck to waist.
It's the back of him he's looking at, it has to be his @ss.
Old 2008-07-15, 02:39   Link #205
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
It's the back of him he's looking at, it has to be his @ss.
No kidding, both Alto and Ranka are staring at the same spot. You have to wonder what they are looking at.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-15, 03:09   Link #206
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonth View Post
I thought of something amusing while posting yesterday in the Sheryl thread and didn't feel up to to organize my thought...Anyways here it is...

I call it Altos great evasive maneuvers:

Ep 6- Situation: When Ranka ask if Alto was at Zentraedi mall alone. Result: Evaded when Alto lied and said that he was indeed alone.

Ep10-Situation: Meeting Ranka on the set with Sheryl. Result: Shot down by Sheryl after trying to hide himself in the background.

Ep11- Situation: Told his father has fallen il and that there is a chance of settle things if he shows up on his birthday. Result: Evaded- Ran to Galia 4 without a word.

Ep11- Situation: Invitation from Ranka to spend time on his birthday. Result: Evaded- Ran to Galia 4, got Mikhail as a substitute without having to decline Ranka himself.

Not to say that he always run away, because from time to time he does tackle things head on. However there is a pattern of evading the issue when faced with awkward situation such as declining Ranka or facing his father.
And what advice does he give Ranka in episode 13? To run away from her problems, what a healthy relationship this is going to be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Unless Grace is the government of Galaxy and everyone living on it are plotting against Sheryl, then maybe Sheryl doesn't deserve to be with Galaxy. I don't think so. Though there may be bad vibes around it, there's always going to be victims from Galaxy---victims such as the residents living in it.
I highly doubt those innocent citizens are still alive (I wouldn't be surprised if the actual colony got destroyed in the Varja attack, while the Battle Galaxy + support fleets are still around) and even if they were they will have a hard time of surviving in the final battle. Just let the Sheryl Galaxy ending go, it's not going to happen, pin your hopes on Michael or Brera because that's all you have left. This reminds of True Tears where people in a certain faction where trying to hook up one lead with Jun

And please don't say Sheryl fans did the same with Ranka and Brera, from what I saw it was Ranka fans who gave up after episode 7 who were pushing that angle, you included miss "I don't wanna talk about Ranka".
Old 2008-07-15, 11:43   Link #207
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
OD, I'm gonna look forward to reading your perception of Alto's blatant jealousy since I also can't think of a scene where he got jealous over Ranka. The closest was when he saw her with Michael and it hit me more as a concern from his part.

Outside the story though, here's a magnificent jealous shot of Alto for you lol

That is a pretty pic. While I have not seen a jealous Alto at all in the anime up to this point, I bet with Brera announcing himself to Frontier and coming into the picture Alto will probably get some jealousy shots. He doesn't like Brera afterall (he keeps swooping in and stealing all his thunder). Doubt he'll appreciate Brera hanging around Ranka. Hopefully he'll let it go when they all find out Brera is her brother.
Old 2008-07-15, 16:24   Link #208
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Brera being her brother doesn't change the fact he has a better machine than Alto's, so no, the jealousy isn't going to go away.
Old 2008-07-15, 16:28   Link #209
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Brera being her brother doesn't change the fact he has a better machine than Alto's, so no, the jealousy isn't going to go away.
Hehehe, but he might be more inclined to be nicer for Ranka's sake.
Old 2008-07-15, 16:56   Link #210
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
True. Alto and Brera will have to battle it out to see who can win the VF-27's heart.
Old 2008-07-15, 16:58   Link #211
zalem

There is no contest there....the V-27 is madly in love with Brera. Maybe it'll have a one night stand with Alto, but in the end BreraxV-27 will be the ultimate couple.

BreraxV-27 FTW!!!
Old 2008-07-15, 19:49   Link #212
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
There is no contest there....the V-27 is madly in love with Brera. Maybe it'll have a one night stand with Alto, but in the end BreraxV-27 will be the ultimate couple.

BreraxV-27 FTW!!!
Even ani_d and BleachOD should acknowledge this pairing.
Old 2008-07-16, 09:13   Link #213
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Yes, once the VF-27 learns of Alto's VF-wrecking habit, the relationship will be over.
Old 2008-07-16, 09:14   Link #214
Westlo
Lets be reality

Alto will only be with the vf 27 because the mechanic for the vf 25 sabotaged it, than while getting repaired the vf 25 realizes how much it misses Alto *sniff*
Old 2008-07-16, 13:09   Link #215
Wesley84

Does he or does he not like girls?
Old 2008-07-16, 13:53   Link #216
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'd say Sheryl made him at least bicurious.
Old 2008-07-16, 14:54   Link #217
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Thad scene in the lockers was pretty obvious, wasn't it? I'm certainly sure he likes girls, but it's just he is a bit asexual, like Leia in Star Wars.

Or, maybe he's even bisexual. I really don't care :3.

In any case, he's not a pervert, nor some sort of "Don Juan", like Michel is . He's just more calm than usual.
Old 2008-07-19, 20:52   Link #218
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
That amounts to the same thing. I'm still not sure why you'd want to promote their relationship as a codependent one.
The same way I promote IchiRuki. Alto behaves as if Ranka is the one he cares most for. Behavior is key!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Incidently, whenever you mention emasculation or castration in a psychological sense, you're bound to draw references to Freud.
What part are you not understanding? Alto has been emasculated. ..
Old 2008-07-19, 20:54   Link #219
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
[SIZE="3"]Alto has been emasculated. ..
By?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-19, 21:11   Link #220
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Behavior is key but how do you not know that he isn't treating Ranka like a little sister?