AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 26 30.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 21.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 12.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-30, 17:41   Link #161
Kamonichan

Well, Kihara spent years working with Accelerator and knew his powers inside and out, so he knew how to counter those. Having to go up against an array of different espers at the same time, and with likely little enough time to prepare to anything near how much he prepared for Accelerator, he probably wouldn't last too long. He even got Acceler-own'd by zombie Accelerator. But Skill-Out has probably gathered the best they could find, so they'll likely be slightly deadlier.

As for Misaka Imouto, they felt fairly throw-away, sort of a nod that they exist rather than any relevance. In the end, I'm guessing the shadowy guy surrounded by Fallout power armor shot Last Order to make Accelerator forget how rushed everything felt, Touma made lame jokes about English so we would ignore the sub-par animation, and Mikoto, having fulfilled her contractual obligation for a cameo, went to go plan the next Railgun.
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 18:23   Link #162
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
Well, Kihara spent years working with Accelerator and knew his powers inside and out, so he knew how to counter those. Having to go up against an array of different espers at the same time, and with likely little enough time to prepare to anything near how much he prepared for Accelerator, he probably wouldn't last too long. He even got Acceler-own'd by zombie Accelerator. But Skill-Out has probably gathered the best they could find, so they'll likely be slightly deadlier.

As for Misaka Imouto, they felt fairly throw-away, sort of a nod that they exist rather than any relevance. In the end, I'm guessing the shadowy guy surrounded by Fallout power armor shot Last Order to make Accelerator forget how rushed everything felt, Touma made lame jokes about English so we would ignore the sub-par animation, and Mikoto, having fulfilled her contractual obligation for a cameo, went to go plan the next Railgun.
Pfft! yea right
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 18:31   Link #163
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
In the end, I'm guessing the shadowy guy surrounded by Fallout power armor shot Last Order to make Accelerator forget how rushed everything felt, Touma made lame jokes about English so we would ignore the sub-par animation,
Shot Last Order? lol no way man. He shot Accelerator. Also, Touma was serious about that English thing
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 18:38   Link #164
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Shot Last Order? lol no way man. He shot Accelerator. Also, Touma was serious about that English thing
Touma has a bright future in preaching.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 19:26   Link #165
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Kihara did acknowledge that his power only existed to defeat Accelerator and Accelerator alone. Kihara would be screwed when he fights anyone from Skill-Out or the rest of the Level 5s.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 19:33   Link #166
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Touma has a bright future in preaching.
oh no, pls no!
hearing him preaching in 1 language is already more than enough... I certainly don't want him to go on a rampage and start preaching in every existing language.
Old 2011-03-30, 22:15   Link #167
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:

No relevance? The entire reason FUZE=Kazakiri was able to manifest was because they were supporting her existance with the network. They are a very important part of Aleister's plans.
Old 2011-03-30, 22:28   Link #168
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Kihara did acknowledge that his power only existed to defeat Accelerator and Accelerator alone. Kihara would be screwed when he fights anyone from Skill-Out or the rest of the Level 5s.
Is it really that hard to imagine him studying the data from the other level 5s? Hell even that other Kihara was able to do it no problem. And how much more complex can fighting SKill-Out be?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 22:44   Link #169
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Studying data on Level 5 is entirely different from creating counters for them. Yes, he can create a simple piece of tech that can counter all of the Level 5s, but he can only counter so much.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 23:32   Link #170
judasmartel
*Author

As different esper abilities have different ways in which they can be countered.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 03:48   Link #171
eiyuu99

Touma's Preaching,
Now available in Japanese
Soon to be released in English

Also comes with a Free [Touma Punch] voucher
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 08:01   Link #172
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
Touma's Preaching,

That's too true!

*on bottom of voucher*
Guaranteed one loli per punch; loli not included on those who hurt Touma's friends unless converted.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 10:11   Link #173
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
That's too true!

*on bottom of voucher*
Guaranteed one loli per punch; loli not included on those who hurt Touma's friends unless converted.
That's not true! Ha*a***a never got his-

*Flashback to New Testatment*

...Nevermind, it was long overdue.
Old 2011-03-31, 14:38   Link #174
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
Touma's Preaching,

I so want this! I'll but all of them!
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 01:24   Link #175
Kamonichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
No relevance? The entire reason FUZE=Kazakiri was able to manifest was because they were supporting her existance with the network. They are a very important part of Aleister's plans.
I don't think they ever mentioned that, though. I literally had no idea why they were even there, and just felt disappointed that their entire involvement seemed to be just standing around, about half of them looking like they were either high or half-asleep.
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 05:22   Link #176
giorno

duh, why do you think Kihara was after Last Order then? The whole point of his operation was to manifest FUZE KAZAKIRI, and to do so he had to inject the codes into LO's brain...

the network is pretty much one of the two most important pieces in Aleister's plans, why do you think he went through all the trouble of making the whole level 6 development project scam just to have an excuse to mass produce the sisters and spread them around the world...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 08:50   Link #177
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
I don't think they ever mentioned that, though. I literally had no idea why they were even there, and just felt disappointed that their entire involvement seemed to be just standing around, about half of them looking like they were either high or half-asleep.
Their brain functions were taken away when Last Order had the virus injected inside her. They COULDN'T do anything.
Old 2011-04-04, 02:50   Link #178
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Why does even Awaki have a device behind her neck? She didn't have it before.

What happened to her?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 05:22   Link #179
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Why does even Awaki have a device behind her neck? She didn't have it before.

What happened to her?
It helps to monitor her stress levels, so that she doesn't 'snap' like before.

If you want to know the details, it's a small low frequency vibration treatment device. Simply put, it was a massage machine that sent electric currents into her body. The machine measured the disturbances in her brain waves and created the most effective pulse pattern based on that. It wasn’t perfect, but it certainly helped keep her stress down to a certain level. Without it, she wouldn't be ale to recover from her mental irregularity that prevents her from using her powers.