AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-21, 09:32   Link #981
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I dont know much about final fantasy, but I think I understand what you mean.
You probably do.

Quote:
No idea what that is, but I just wiki'd it. I've never played dreamcast or gamecube. Vyse is a pirate?! nooooooooes D: . I not fond of pirates :/
Sky Pirate >>>>>> Pirate. Except FFXII Sky Pirates.
Old 2011-11-22, 09:06   Link #982
Velsy

Yay! Borrowed a ps3 from a friend for like a day or two, so I started a game just before. This is the squad I have choosen (going with)

5 Scouts, 7 Shocktroopers, 3 Lances, 3 Engineers, 2 Snipers and 1 Tank.

Tank - Welkin/Issara
Scout - Alicia
Scout - Wavy
Scout - Noce
Scout - Aika
Scout - Susie
Shocktroop - Rosie
Shocktroop - Jane
Shocktroop - Vyase
Shocktroop - Kevin
Shocktroop - Mica
Shocktroop - Corby
Shocktroop - Edy
Lancer - Largo
Lancer - Hector
Lancer - Elysse
Engineer - Nadine
Engineer - Homer
Engineer - Dallas
Sniper - Cezary
Sniper - Catherine

I must get a few others as the game progresses since it says 50 characters to select from. Considering that guy with the bandenna when the time comes. Because in the anime he was special forces material. Time to play ^_^

Last edited by Velsy; 2011-11-24 at 15:13.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 11:38   Link #983
Runty

Use Marina when you get her. She is by far the best sniper in the game.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 15:50   Link #984
Snowman24

Nice line up, You even chose my most favorite of favorite girls, Nadine <3 <3 <3
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 14:54   Link #985
Velsy

Well it was fun. Friend took his ps3 back yesturday. Might be able to get it again sometime ^_^

I got as far as the super tank mission. Getting past all the horrid Lancer turret missings (annoyed me the most when limited time on your hands), or stuck on terrian why being shot up. I got to fight Selvaria like 3 times... first time I dont know what happened. I wasnt prepared for what happened. Selvaria ran up to Elysses face and killed her instantly. 2nd time I evacuated most of my team, but someone got caught in the open inside my flag base. Which turned into a mess with people going down after each other trying to save the person going down before them. In the end it was only welkin left (with 1 generator to go) Sorta regret using Largo before moving the tank across. If I had actualy won that one, it would have truely been a heroic scramble win.

3rd time, after evacuating just about everyone apart from key players, Elysse was shot up behind a sandbag, then Alicia went down to Selvarias crossfiring (didnt think Alicia would of been in her range). I drove the Eldwiess accross and turned it sideways to block Selvaria, which worked and I got Nadine to run in and save them both. Dont know if I made the right choice here, because the Eldwiess was on half health, but I evacuated her for her own safety. Leaving me with Hector and Largo waiting behind the giant tank for the 3rd generator to pop. But the next turn a Lancer ended up running behind the Eldwiess and 1 hit the generator (even tho I have upgraded the defence on the generator). Enemy was close to finishing there turn too. Ah and I also noticed Largos tank slayer activates when he climbs the ladders and fires (4 shots for a generator when they have only 3 rockets)... But I had Hector remain with him anyway just in case.

If I get to play it again soon, I thinking maybe if I dont evacuate the sniper, but keep him as far back as possible for that Lancer, or maybe hide Alicia in amungst the ruins debit for a hit and run from behind on the Lancer (she can escape via the 3rd flag base). Its just it takes *one* turn for Selvaria and her crew to run across to the other side of the map and engage right away ><. Then they start assisting each other on the same turn ><.

Any form of CC I can put on Selvaria ? I did fire a tank shell at her, but as I expected, she deflected it.

Last edited by Velsy; 2011-11-24 at 15:20.
Old 2011-11-24, 16:03   Link #986
Snowman24

If you REALLY want to beat this mission quickly I can give you a hint, Then this mission might be TOO easy, taking the fun away as I can beat this whole game in a speed run in like an hour or so. It's a very simple solution, and I never use any lancers for the super tank mission.
Old 2011-11-25, 09:07   Link #987
Velsy

I cant beat it ><

I just did a really good game, and in the end taking out the generators wasnt enough. I had Elysee and Largo hiding behind the giant tank, but it moved, then Selvarian sidestepped and took him out (pass the Eldwiss) bit. Able to get Elysse on the stairs to take out the final generator, but none of her extra shots triggered (one 3 shots when I need 4), so I had to drive the Eldwiess around for the final shot. It wanted me to destroy the tank after that... No way I have the firepower to do that, I retreated everyone off because Selvaria would just slaughter them all. She even took out the sniper I placed in the furtherice trench which was close to where the tank spawns... Lucky I had Mica in a near by trench to rescue him (He was too far away from the flag so I made him go close to the sniper). Hiding Alicia in the ruins did well in taking out the Lancer. But In the end the Eldwiess blew up, and my machanic I tryed bringing back in was way too far off ( Progably would of been killed be Selvaria if she even got close anyway :/).

Ima give it a few more go's, if I cant seem to do any better, It might just be one of those games I am unable to progress.

Quote:
If you REALLY want to beat this mission quickly I can give you a hint, Then this mission might be TOO easy, taking the fun away as I can beat this whole game in a speed run in like an hour or so. It's a very simple solution, and I never use any lancers for the super tank mission.
Well I dont really want to cheat :/
Maybe if I get sick of it enough.

"edit* if I hide an engineer behind the tank, will Selvaria run around and kill him/her ?

Last edited by Velsy; 2011-11-25 at 09:28.
Old 2011-11-25, 11:10   Link #988
Velsy

Yay I beat it.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Velsy; 2011-11-25 at 12:46.
Old 2011-11-27, 21:36   Link #989
Velsy

My friends been over for the weekend so I've gotten to play more.

I am up to the liberation of Burhl mission. But I have to say the Kidnapping of Cordellia mission was the most fun. I got a B rank on it, I think I missed out on the an A because once my turn was over, the enemy car had 1 % health left.. Also only had 2 people assisting which the max is 3? (I should of brought down Nacy or Alica to help). The next turn I had Aika chase it down and it was destroyed once she fired her shots on it. This is not to say I did that on my first go, after a few failures of people going down and then figuring out where the car was going, I pretty much set up an ambush. If I did the mission again I reckon I could get that A rank ^_^ (unplayable because I completed it)

A few changes to my line up, with more people coming available.

Tank - Welkin/Issara
Scout - Alicia
Scout - Wavy
Scout - Noce Hermes
Scout - Aika
Scout - Susie Nancy Juno
Shocktroop - Rosie
Shocktroop - Jane
Shocktroop - Vyase
Shocktroop - Kevin Hannes
Shocktroop - Mica
Shocktroop - Corby Alex
Shocktroop - Edy
Lancer - Largo
Lancer - Hector
Lancer - Elysse
Engineer - Nadine
Engineer - Homer
Engineer - Dallas
Sniper - Cezary Oscar
Sniper - Catherine

Think I like this team. Just fired Noce, because hes a Welkies Hater, and theres no dissing the Welkies. I really liked Hannes and his background so I brought him in straight away when he became available ^_^. Even tho I somehow liked Susie, I ended replacing her once she got Humanarian. Guess shes not suited out on the combat field afterall <.< . Corby and his bad back eventually needed to be replaced. Don't want him doing his back in during an engagement D: And Cezary, mainly for being a darcen hater, especially when I think I have 3 of them on my team (Nadine, Wavy and Issara). I had Nancy for a bit, she was fun and cute with the hat and being a Klutz is cute too. But later replaced her with Juno who looked promising.

Level 16 Scouts, Level 6 Shocktroopers, Level 7 Lancers, Level 8 Engineers, Level 5 Snipers.

Weapons:
Scouts - Gallia-A
Engineers - Gallia-S
Lancers - Lancaar M4
Shocktroopers - Mags M12
Snipers - GSR-10

My weapon upgrades for now.

Last edited by Velsy; 2011-11-27 at 22:19.
Old 2011-11-29, 01:01   Link #990
Beri270T3

Le bon Dieu... Cezary gets hit with the villain stick again.

As far as snipers go he's pretty handy in a pinch on certain missions. But I favour him because he was actually one of the snipers that could hit anything with a GSR-1 when I first started. Marina just couldn't cut it for me, and Oscar faired slightly better than her in the accuracy department. Between the two of them, their gravitational forces attracted a serious amount of firepower. Now that you've got Oscar, though the challenge is to figure out what you can do with him.

We all tend to have our preferences for certain characters. I roll both Darcsen haters and Darcsen!
Beri270T3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 01:32   Link #991
DC20

Cezary was my sniper of choice, and my favorite character from that group. I didn't have a problem with his potential since I didn't have any Darcsen in my lineup (full time. I threw Wavy in and out, but he was never close enough to Cezary to trigger the potential) >.>

I didn't use him until later game though. As Beri said, the snipers were pretty awful early game. I couldn't hit anything more than 50/50 (if I was lucky). Once I invested in better rifles, though, they picked up pretty quick.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 05:25   Link #992
Velsy

I've found something odd. A few of the pages in Personal tab seem to have gaps in peoples information... Now reaching Alicias 4th personal trait, the 3rd personal trait is still missing.... is that normal ? I just went back and looked, but theres a gap in Hans, Alicias, and I am sure theres another one I noticed before.

*edit*

It fixed itself, I think Elliot (reporter) gave me the book really late. I check her shop all the time, and then in one go it gave 3 books (I am around chapter 15 now), really should of game Alicas section ages ago, before the beach mission. Sorta messes up the storyline when its all over the place. Or maybe it was a bug/glitch, so being late I got all 3 books at once.

Last edited by Velsy; 2011-11-29 at 08:30.
Old 2011-11-29, 08:40   Link #993
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
I've found something odd. A few of the pages in Personal tab seem to have gaps in peoples information... Now reaching Alicias 4th personal trait, the 3rd personal trait is still missing.... is that normal ? I just went back and looked, but theres a gap in Hans, Alicias, and I am sure theres another one I noticed before.

*edit*

It fixed itself, I think Elliot (reporter) gave me the book really late. I check her shop all the time, and then in one go it gave 3 books (I am around chapter 15 now), really should of game Alicas section ages ago, before the beach mission. Sorta messes up the storyline when its all over the place. Or maybe it was a bug/glitch, so being late I got all 3 books at once.
IIRC, you have to buy all of them (the books), and they're always after where they actually fit into the story. So it's probably not a bug.
Old 2011-11-29, 13:08   Link #994
DC20

Yeah, it's not a bug, but the choice to do it that way doesn't make a whole lot of sense. They should have made the reports available when they would have fit into the story. I remember buying them early on and not realizing there were actually scenarios to go along with them because they were 4 or so pages back in the book.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 16:08   Link #995
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
IIRC, you have to buy all of them (the books), and they're always after where they actually fit into the story. So it's probably not a bug.
Thats the thing I was trying to tell, I've always been checking for new books all the time (like every 1-2 chapters) and it only just gave me Alicias book (+2 more other books) straight after I got her 4th Trait (shes already awakened.....). So it gave me 3 books to buy in chapter 15 (I think thats where I am as of last night). It should of let me buy Alicias book after the desert missions, probably around the time she sprains her ankle (guessing thats where part of the story is).

It unlocked 3 books at once uncluding Alicias awakening book only just now. If thats not happened to anyone else, then its wrong timing is a bug/glitch I guess. I've still got to watch the the other 2, I read Alicias book page (did the mission) then went to bed. Could normally post a screenshot just to show the order it gave them to me, but since its Ps3 I can't... ><

I'll put this part in a spoiler
Spoiler for Major Game spoiler:

Last edited by Velsy; 2011-11-29 at 16:27.
Old 2011-11-29, 16:55   Link #996
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
Yeah, it's not a bug, but the choice to do it that way doesn't make a whole lot of sense. They should have made the reports available when they would have fit into the story. I remember buying them early on and not realizing there were actually scenarios to go along with them because they were 4 or so pages back in the book.
I found it a strange choice, but a couple of them handle things that would be spoilers if they did them in chronological order, so I came to terms with it.

Quote:
Thats the thing I was trying to tell, I've always been checking for new books all the time (like every 1-2 chapters) and it only just gave me Alicias book (+2 more other books) straight after I got her 4th Trait (shes already awakened.....). So it gave me 3 books to buy in chapter 15 (I think thats where I am as of last night). It should of let me buy Alicias book after the desert missions, probably around the time she sprains her ankle (guessing thats where part of the story is).

It unlocked 3 books at once uncluding Alicias awakening book only just now. If thats not happened to anyone else, then its wrong timing is a bug/glitch I guess. I've still got to watch the the other 2, I read Alicias book page (did the mission) then went to bed. Could normally post a screenshot just to show the order it gave them to me, but since its Ps3 I can't... ><

I'll put this part in a spoiler
Spoiler for Major Game spoiler:
Nope; totally intentional. I don't remember getting all three at the same time, but that may have been because I was money-starved.
Old 2011-12-02, 05:13   Link #997
Velsy

So its intended that after her 4th trait, you can then aquire her extra story that unlocks her 3rd trait. So I can feel safe that it wasnt possible to unlock it any earlier. Feels like I am nearing the end of the game, so I was scared that it glitched and I missed out on having Alicia-samas 3rd trait for the last many missions I've been playing.

Ah and also, Spoiler for Alicia-sama
Spoiler:

Last edited by Velsy; 2011-12-02 at 05:29.
Old 2011-12-02, 22:40   Link #998
Snowman24

Hard to say, my thoughts are:

Spoiler for Valkyria thoughts:
Old 2011-12-03, 02:13   Link #999
Beri270T3

Spoiler for Storyline, Background, Anime storyline:

The rest I'll save for another time.
Beri270T3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 04:17   Link #1000
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
Hard to say, my thoughts are:

Spoiler for Valkyria thoughts:
More spoiler tags, just to be safe, Selvaria and Alicia-sama discussion
Spoiler:

Last edited by Velsy; 2011-12-07 at 04:35.