AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-10, 11:22   Link #181
ellifeedn
Thinker

It's a good thing the LP was mirrored outside of SA because the paywall came down after 100 freaking days.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 01:48   Link #182
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Didn't like this game or the concept before, but after actually looking into it now that some of the game's translated and put on youtube, I think the story is better than the first game. And the characters are way more interesting than the first group.

The islands allows for more freedom and more locations rather than being stuck on a single floor in a school(<---anyone would go crazy).

But youtube's only got up to Ch3 translated. So excited for what happens the second half.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 20:38   Link #183
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 02:10   Link #184
Nvis

^
Meh. Youtube's already half-finished with chapter 6 translations.

Gundham Tanaka? <--Avoid lawsuit and not use Gundam?

Souda= Soda
Old 2014-05-25, 02:16   Link #185
hamazura
whatever

oh i forgot this game exist
monokuma english sounds horrible... i like jap voice after all... is there any dual audio?
Old 2014-06-09, 05:53   Link #186
marvelB

Been meaning to comment on that trailer, but I didn't get around to it until now..... But yeah, I definitely find myself preferring the Japanese voice cast in this case. The slight name changes don't bother me either (I think Souda's name was supposed to be pun on sodas in the first place, wasn't it?). Also, knowing NISA's history with sexual innuendo, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually added MORE dirty jokes in the localization (and the original already has a bunch of dirty jokes to begin with).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
is there any dual audio?
Well, the first game has dual audio, so I see no reason why the sequel wouldn't.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 01:42   Link #187
Nvis

Game's fully translated and posted on youtube. Danganronpa never fails!
Old 2014-09-12, 10:49   Link #188
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I'm really enjoying the second game. I'm on Chapter 5. Whole thing is a major improvement over the first and I loved the first game. This sequel has everything improved. The characters, mystery, suspense, intrigue, murder. It's really great. I recommend everyone to get it if they liked the first game.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 09:49   Link #189
ellifeedn
Thinker

How does the English version compare to the Japanese one?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 15:46   Link #190
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

You mean the translation?

I haven't played the original so I can't say. As my first time experience, it was quite fluid and nice. Obviously some stuff were localized and replaced. For example characters are calling each other by their first names instead of last, like us westerners do. I don't mind such a thing.

As for the voices, I played in English Dub out of curiosity but JP cast is obviously way stronger. I'm not a dub hater or anything but we can't deny that the original is always going to be better. Characters sound a lot more powerful in JP. English Dub wasn't bad though.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 11:02   Link #191
FFTHEWINNER

just finished danganronpa 2 recently. even made a playthrough topic for it here:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards...eload/76865854
i loved the game overall,but i hated the ending. it was stupid and full of plotholes. still,the game as a whole was great. a solid 8/10 imo (DR1 was a 9/10)
FFTHEWINNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-13, 07:21   Link #192
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The best character for me is definitely Nagito. He is so strange as he is impossible to predict. The early trick where he plays nicely until having an emotional breakdown but in joy blew my mind. I can't tell if in some scenes he is playing along or if he is being controlled by Junko's will due to the arm and the illness. He feels like a Twin Peaks character thus. Even his death scene was most insane one as, if you pay attention, it's mix between all the deaths of the first game. The two actors make a good job at voicing him.

What seemed really random was Izuru as he is mentioned only in the last minutes of the game and contradicts Chiaki's morals about talents since they Hajime overpowered as heck.